• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2014 [Up1: Smash/HW/MK8, Destiny stats, 3DS HW]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, thanks for the info. I had no idea. I blindly believe everything I read on the internet. :)

MANY people don't have any idea.

That's why Chartz admins are so rich. Thousands upon thousands of people just blindly visit their site because they think Chartz numbers are "pretty accurate."

News flash: they're not.

how much did Watch Dogs do over May+June NPD, ~2 million?

ha

Individual Software SKUs:

(numbers are in email tags, quote to see, no chartz lurkers allowed)

CLEEK

All things considered, Destiny sold really well on Xbox platforms, when you consider that for most people, the game was seen as a de-facto PS exclusive.

Ha. Keep fighting the good fight.

Another way to look at it was the next Halo, so had a natural affinity with the Xbox user base.

BrunoM

Yep, check the OP of the predictions thread where I made the list of new software / hardware releases.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906254

I love how Chartz just takes GAF leaks and parrots them over there without sourcing anyone on GAF.

Like when Creamsugar says "XYZ = 42K"

they're like:

"XYZ = 42K"

...almost immediately...like they're watching this thread constantly or something.

If they're so intent on taking stuff revealed and talked about on GAF...why don't they just discuss it here? Why make a thread using entirely GAF information when you could be on GAF doing it?

I just don't get it.
It's the old GAF-Internet
When major sites use us to report on breaking news and some actual real valid insider information

Thing just like things I have posted that ended up in sites that I end up finding funny and have seen other GAF members thing in sites and videos guess it would be nice if these "jornalists" that most are full of shit and know nothing about actual gaming (easy to see by the last few years of reviews) would give credit or mention where they get there news and information

GAF !!

All things considered, Destiny sold really well on Xbox platforms, when you consider that for most people, the game was seen as a de-facto PS exclusive.

Playstation vs Xbox Families, yeah, it was a pretty tight race, but in terms of driving Gen 8 sales, it was a wild success for Sony. The bundle alone sold more than the Xbox One.

wmlk

Yup. Persona, Dragon Quest, Ys, Kingdom Hearts 3, etc., nothing will push PS4 sales in Japan. How could I not have realized it!

It really won't make that big of a difference. I've come to realize that in the past couple months.
Many developers have realized this and are making cross-gen games.

Hindle

Banned
Ha. Keep fighting the good fight.

Another way to look at it was the next Halo, so had a natural affinity with the Xbox user base.

Well yea, I said that myself a few days ago. MS have had 12 years of multiplayer dominance, so Destiny was always going to sell well regardless of what marketing deals Sony have. Mainly due to Bungie -Xbox - multiplayer.

Couldn't the ms pr at least mention the free game promotion? If their best for value bundles don't work we will probably not get pr from them for a while.

That's why Chartz admins are so rich. Ignorant people just blindly visit their site because they think Chartz numbers are "pretty accurate."

I agree with that in general, but it seems to me that it's generally only the current data (i.e. last few months) that are a crap shoot. They do make frequent updates all the time as official tracking data creeps in so that if you look at sales from a year or two ago they are fairly accurate. It's just a smoke screen on the front page to look legitimate until they've had enough time to cull together official sources at which point the data is fairly reliable.

orochi91

Well yea, I said that myself a few days ago. MS have had 12 years of multiplayer dominance, so Destiny was always going to sell well regardless of what marketing deals Sony have. Mainly due to Bungie -Xbox - multiplayer.

The point of the marketing deal was to move hardware.

And it succeeded as evidenced by PS4 Destiny bundle alone outselling all of XB1 hardware sales this month.

Mory Dunz

Well...yeah.
It came out on 4 systems. 2 of which are Xboxs.

It sold really well generally and broke records. So of course it had to sell well on Xboxs.

I agree with that in general, but it seems to me that it's generally only the current data (i.e. last few months) that are a crap shoot. They do make frequent updates all the time as official tracking data creeps in so that if you look at sales from a year or two ago they are fairly accurate. It's just a smoke screen on the front page to look legitimate until they've had enough time to cull together official sources at which point the data is fairly reliable.

I can tell you many examples where Chartz's historical data is extremely unreliable and painfully wrong.

You cannot trust them with ANYTHING related to USA / EU sales.

BrunoM

Only 2 million? That seems really low considering the amount Ubisoft invested in developing the IP.

I will never understand how GTA V managed to sell 30 million units...

Brand name the conterversity it had at one time and in many people's minds when thinking of what a open world game is well there is only GTA in it every other comes and goes but GTA is that constant one

GTA the brand the game the series will always sell more than other open world games .. Same like we will always see COD sell more than oter FPSs just because in manga minds even if not true a fps is a cod

orochi91

Pachter said as much some time ago when asked about Chartz. He felt their current
numbers are always undergoing revisions, but previous years data is solid.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

That's why Chartz admins are so rich. Thousands upon thousands of people just blindly visit their site because they think Chartz numbers are "pretty accurate."

Individual Software SKUs:

May 2014:

PS4 Watch_Dogs - 0.569 million
XBO Watch_Dogs - 0.357 million
360 Watch_Dogs - 0.169 million
PS3 Watch_Dogs - 0.135 million

June 2014:

PS4 Watch_Dogs - 0.210 million
XBO Watch_Dogs - 0.137 million
360 Watch_Dogs - 0.154 million
PS3 Watch_Dogs - 0.117 million

Total:

1.848 million

I keep wanting to make a chartzzz thread just to keep track of their wildly bad numbers.

Defacto Playstation exclusive is nothing but a fanboy nonsense statement that's only partially true for stuff like Final Fantasy.

Anyone with half a brain knows that marketing deals only help out somewhat. Shadow of Mordor and WD did respectable ratio on XB1 as well, and those are genres that do better than FPSes when it comes to platform splits.

I got it because of the bolded. Ultimate self-aware call out. Believe it or not, X NPD's should be (very) interesting were in every NPD thread from November 2013 to March 2014.

NPD will be very interesting.

I made the first interesting! :D

Not surprising considering Chartz is a banned site. Talking about sales on a website where you're vilified and hated for making up fake sales numbers seems like it would be a bad idea to me anyways.....

ioi was banned before chartz was made I believe. I think chartz exists because ioi was banned

12 years of multiplayer dominance? haha whatever that means, MS is losing that dominance every second..

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Remember when Sony announced they sold thru 10 million PS4s, and the vg chartzzz head guy refused to update their bad numbers, saying Sony had 500k PS4 sales unaccounted for according to their "inside sources" and basically said they were lying? Hah, fun times.

freefornow

Gold Member
The point of the marketing deal was to move hardware.

And it succeeded as evidenced by PS4 Destiny bundle alone outselling all of XB1 hardware sales this month.

Wonder how the marketing deal that MS has with Tomb Raider will work out? Hardware sales wise I mean.

botty

Banned
Everything in the Top 10 list is above 150K.

So it's possible that DI 2.0 sold less than 200K even with the Marvel characters!?
44245a77.gif

edit:

Disney Infinity 1.0 sold 294K so if the numbers are lower that means interest in the franchise may be decaying.

T.O.P

Banned
When Sony canned S.Liverpool killing the chances of a new Wipeout it litterally broke my heart

If the same happens with the Horizon series i'll be pretty much done

Fuck this :(

Remember when Sony announced they sold thru 10 million PS4s, and the vg chartzzz head guy refused to update their bad numbers, saying Sony had 500k PS4 sales unaccounted for according to their "inside sources" and basically said they were lying? Hah, fun times.

That was hilarious

I kind of want to link or quote part of the explanation because it was just so ironic considering that chartz makes up all their numbers

Ty4on

The only rational explanation is that their members are clinically insane.

I hopped over to see what you were talking about, and this is the first post I saw -
0mkWoRL.png

It feels like I am being compared to ElTorro.
I'm honored :D

So.. can we know how many of those Destiny on Xbone are the "free" ones?
You want revenue leaked...? Getting a bit risky are we?

Hindle

Banned
When Sony canned S.Liverpool killing the chances of a new Wipeout it litterally broke my heart

If the same happens with the Horizon series i'll be pretty much done

Fuck this :(

Racing games sell via bundles these days.

They'll still be a Horizon 3.

The only rational explanation is that their members are clinically insane.

I hopped over to see what you were talking about, and this is the first post I saw -
0mkWoRL.png

Its interesting reading that thread and switching over to this one, the hate between these websites is very strong.

No, it was definitely around before ioi was gone for good.
It might've been a different name, but the constant self-promotion likely played a part.

Yep.

ioi's last post on GAF:

I'm sure somebody will disapprove of this post but there is now a full predictions league up and running on VG Charts and there are about 4 days to get Jan 07 North America predictions in before it closes...

http://www.********.org/predictions

It's clear it was an institution for a while that existed to suck users away from GAF.

Busaiku

I remember I actually used to visit the forums there cause they had the big NPD leaks, from like December 2006 to February 2007, that weren't on GAF.
But then that stopped, and that was the end of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom