• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2014 [Up1: Smash/HW/MK8, Destiny stats, 3DS HW]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOCK

Well I think everything did really good this month, according to my expectations.

I want the Wii U and the XB1 to increase in sales as well. I want at least one healthy segment of the console market. Hopefully n3DS is going to be the DS Lite for the 3DS line.

I think overall software sales were actually really good.

I also think that the Wii U number, since it doesn't include a price cut bump, is a positive sign that the system has built up overall momentum going into the holiday season. I'm expecting Oct-Dec numbers to be up YOY, especially November.

hepburn3d

You could post wrong data guesses with email tagged leaks data next to it. This would be funny to throw off lurkers i.e.

I'm going to guess:
PS4 [100K] .
XB1 [100K] .

GlamFM

Banned
Sorry if I'm debbie downer,mbut I can't see email tags working. I relies too much on people not repositn those numbers and that will be almost impossible, as they'll want to use the for comparison etc.

Why are "we" even doing it?

Its working:
hfLEDNe.png

He's just mad because he doesn't have a GAF account to leech leaks off of.

Sorry if I'm debbie downer,mbut I can't see email tags working. I relies too much on people not repositn those numbers and that will be almost impossible, as they'll want to use the for comparison etc.

You see...

Cels

It still reduces the risk. Because say for example someone links to post with Aquamarine or creamsugar's numbers. Well with email tags that post will show nothing so it'll be meaningless to most. I'd say that helps somewhat

the safest way would be not to leak the numbers at all. i really don't think it's possible to leak the numbers on the internet, even if they are obscured by email tagging or other creative methods, and keep them from being discussed elsewhere. it's not like the whole of vgchartzzzz are incapable of getting a neogaf account, and i wouldn't be surprised if some of them already have an account

Also it's as if we are pretending only a select handful of people have NeoGAF accounts....

the safest way would be not to leak the numbers at all. i really don't think it's possible to leak the numbers, even if they are obscured by email tagging or other creative methods, and keep them from being discussed elsewhere. it's not like the whole of vgchartzzzz are incapable of getting a neogaf account, and i wouldn't be surprised if some of them already have an account

Of couse it's not possible but like I said, it should somewhat reduce the risk for leakers. Aquamarine has said as much and it helps then I think we shoukd all try it.

barit

He's just mad because he doesn't have a GAF account to leech leaks off of.

You see...

I see you and this site will not become friends in this life anymore

Dicechartz is really embarrasing. It wouldn't matter so much if not some public sites use them as source though

For the greater good.

Aka for ourselves. Because we want leaks, and every little bit that prevents ninjas from kidnapping our waifu and coffee and tea sweeteners are appreciated.

Great now one of us has to go write a fanfic about Aqua in that vein. Where's Y2Kev when you need him?

Is this really a thing now ?

Lol

No

the safest way would be not to leak the numbers at all. i really don't think it's possible to leak the numbers on the internet, even if they are obscured by email tagging or other creative methods, and keep them from being discussed elsewhere. it's not like the whole of vgchartzzzz are incapable of getting a neogaf account, and i wouldn't be surprised if some of them already have an account

Some of them do. Some of chartz prominent posters are also fairly prominent here

That being said let those who grace us with numbers do so how they please

Great Ps4 sales! Can't believe Bloodborne is only 4 months away!

ilsNB8vHZwEFr.gif

Dat avatar

*bows*

(numbers are in email tags, quote to see, no chartz lurkers allowed)

Still finding it crazy that Destiny sold more PS4's than Halo 3 sold 360's. Insanity.

Wow Forza Horizon 2 bombed.
I'm hoping Danganronpa becomes a PSV/4 title in the future.

I keep wanting to make a chartzzz thread just to keep track of their wildly bad numbers.

We should. It would be a nice link to anyone who mentions Chartz as a credible source for gaming sales, not just in neogaf.

CozMick

Banned
comparing that Sony PR to that from MS... wow, its like a white flag. please stop shooting Sony, we cant take it anymore.

And its only gonna get worse. GTA5 bundle is gonna sell gangbusters.

Add in that multiplat games sell better on ps4

And thats before the order and bloodborne onslaught.

These next 2 quarters are going to be brutal.

I can even see them overshooting Destiny by the 20% with the hype and being in 4 systems
But the 103% for FH2 is to much
Do they normally fuck up that badly and I do understand they just do "estimates" but around the Internet especially last gen people used them like numbers they would put their lives on

Well, that's why they're banned. The site is essentially "Numbers from my ass" but because, hey, at least they've got numbers, people who don't know better are gonna cite them as gospel. I appreciate GAF nipping that in the bud.

Well, that's why they're banned. The site is essentially "Numbers from my ass" but because, hey, at least they've got numbers, people who don't know better are gonna cite them as gospel. I appreciate GAF nipping that in the bud.

I believe even GAF' average predictions are overall closer to reality a lot of the time

Apt101

Halo MCC is a title I've seen discussed as a system seller for the Xbox One in the US, but honestly, I don't think any title is going to come along and help elevate the numbers any more than Titanfall or Destiny did. Outside of a few Xbox-devoted communities the console seems to be met with with disfavor or varying degrees of apathy, and Halo MCC news doesn't appear to get much traction in the news (relatively fewer views than other stories, and less commented on).

I do think Halo MCC will give the X1 a significant bump in the UK, though. It seems like there's a lot of enthusiasm for it over there. Hell Microsoft seems more competitive there than in the US, though I may just be mis-remembering sales stats I've read.

Blobbers

Is gaming dying?

How can a console with zero games sell this much?

Think about it:
-all the indie games? Don't really count, because indie games are not really video game. I have 500+ hours in Spelunky HD and Binding of Isaac, but I wouldn't call those "games" games, more like mindless entertainment
-then you have TLoU: Remastered which doesn't count
-most exclusives don't count since they don't have green scores on Metacritic. Driveclub, Killzone and Knack? I couldn't even recommend them to a friend. What if he goes on metacritic and sees I tried to make him spend money on a game with a yellow score? Friendship over.
-Infamous: Second Son doesn't count because Infamous 2 was better.

Don't know about you, but it might be high time for Yoshida, Cerny and Kaz to be replaced by younger, enthusiastic and more business-minded people who will strongarm devs of all sorts into making those much needed, metacritic-approved hardhitters.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
A revision we won't get till next year. What the heck is NoA doing :/

Giving retailers the time they need to sell their current 3DS stock ? No retailer would order n3DS systems that would make their current 3DS stock obsolete and a hard sell.

But yes, the whole situation should have been planned better...dont think the subsidiaries outside of Japan knew about the system till a couple of month ago, they would prepared the market for a holiday launch otherwise.

BrunoM

Well the sad part is that big name sites at one point or another have quoted them when people like us ( even if some of us do have real connections and know or really are involved in the industry ) know they are full of shit and this big name gaming "jornalists" have used them is kinda sad

But because of that and many other things I have seen I find it hard to take gaming sites serious and specially these jornalist that let it get to their heads

Is gaming dying?

Think about it:
-all the indie games? Don't really count, because indie games are not really video game. I have 500+ hours in Spelunky HD and Binding of Isaac, but I wouldn't call those "games" games, more like mindless entertainment
-most exclusives don't count since they don't have green scores on Metacritic. Driveclub, Killzone and Knack? I couldn't even recommend them to a friend. What if he goes on metacritic and sees I tried to make him spend money on a game with a yellow score? Friendship over.

Don't know about you, but it might be high time for Yoshida, Cerny and Kaz to be replaced by younger, enthusiastic and more business-minded people who will strongarm devs of all sorts into making those much needed, metacritic-approved hardhitters.

Yeah thats the crazy thing here.

PS4 bested even the all mighty PS2 despite having 0 games. None. Zilch. Okay I guess Destiny counts so 1. Imagine what will happen when PS4 actually gets some games......things will be interesting.

Koobion

Actually very interested to see the impact CoD Advanced Whatever and GTA5 make on PS4 with Destiny having such potent influence on things like PS+ subs.

Forza Horizon has never been a big seller but sub 150k sales for both versions combined will certainly lead to questions of why so much was spent on marketing for the game.

They'd be better off putting money into promoting a 3rd party title.

Giving retailers the time they need to sell their current 3DS stock ? No retailer would order n3DS systems that would make their current 3DS stock obsolete and a hard sell.

But yes, the whole situation should have been planned better...dont think the subsidiaries outside of Japan knew about the system till a couple of month ago, they would prepared the market for a holiday launch otherwise.

That might make sense. Isn't there some issue with the Japan branch being too controlling or something? Still, just bummed I have to wait till next year

Bgamer90

Banned
Forza Horizon has never been a big seller but sub 150k sales for both versions combined will certainly lead to questions of why so much was spent on marketing for the game.

I honestly wonder how the 360 version did. The majority of sales have to be from the XB1 since the 360 version got a straight up stealth release.

Is gaming dying?

Think about it:

Actually PS4 has flower so really it has like negative games which is even more alarming

The advert in the UK wasn't all that interesting for it.

Scalextric - ok you've caught my eye
Goes round the track - switches to a momentary bit of CGI to promote the game

Then Forza Horizon on Xbox 1 thrown at you.

Did nothing to 'appeal' in my opinion.

is this real life? wtf

I swung by to see why it was banned/etc. They do but not exactly called out loud an clear - at that time it was tucked away behind a link.

Basically they take a very small sample set and try and extrapolate from there using actual data (such as NDP, ChartTrack, etc) as a guide to adjust their "models" towards actual known sales.

As someone with extensive experience in demand forecasting I'd say they just don't have enough data or regular info to make their attempts reliable and due to all the frigging about with data involved in adjusting their numbers every time there's an NPD update the actual historic numbers are probably way out of kilter if you were to look at them closely.

Thanks.

I had a suspicion they weren't as forthcoming about their numbers only being rough estimates.

Makes the outburst even more hilarious with that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom