• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2015 [Up2: Nintendo Numbers]

sense

Not even 1mil for MGS 5 damn, what happened this month in the US. Did everyones wallets close up?
Well you have to take into consideration digital sales nowadays so maybe it hit 1 million but 200k seems high for digital so probably around 925 to 950k would be my guess including digital

Javin98

Banned
guys, what was the PS4/XB1 gap last month

use that then go back to the pie chart
The problem is there are several contradictions. If the gap between the PS4 and XB1 is 52K (from Cream's first post), then the Wii U sold only 75K or so in September, contradicting Nintendo's statement. But if we take Nintendo's statement, the Wii U sold 85-89K, but the gap between the PS4 and XB1 would then be larger.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Well, MGS was exclusive since 1999 on Playstation platforms.

Ummm...

Kf60YoO.jpg

PwcTUi1.jpg

Ploid 3.0

I'll take that bet. GT5 sold that in the U.S. easily in two months and that's always been a series with legs.

First GT on a new console? People will buy that for the graphics alone. Especially if there's no prologue, though prologues usually just hypes you even more with all of the user made screen shots with that word of mouth on the new eye candy.

Javin98

Banned
Honestly, at most 8% for last gen versions of MGSV? What a bad choice. They probably lost more money developing for last gen than they did selling on it. Had they dropped last gen support, the game would also likely show less of its cross gen roots.

What the heck are xbox owners buying?? How does the user base ignore an amazing game like mgs5?!?!

I honestly think they are watching Netflix and using other applications with their Xbox Ones. Most of my friends barely play any games on their Xbox One's actually and only one of them to my knowledge owns and plays MGS5 regularly.

RexNovis

Banned
Does anyone know what the exact HW GAP figure was after last NPD? I think I remember it being 818k but that doesnt seem right plugging the numbers into cream's chart.

Javin98

Banned
Does anyone know what the exact HW GAP figure was after last NPD? I think I remember it being 818k but that doesnt seem right plugging the numbers into cream's chart.
Well, I don't remember it being as high as 818K, but it was definitely around 810K, at least that's what everyone was saying.

Bgamer90

Banned
mm: 4 ~ 57%

2k16 > 1.1M
4: 52%, 1: 39%

live16 ~ 8.3K

GOODNESS.

Just stop wasting money in NBA Live EA. Please make a new NBA Street :(

A new NBA Street would do better than NBA Live just for the simple fact that it won't compete with 2K for the same sim audience attention.

Thought the split for 2k16 would be closer .
Also shows how big the IP has gotten over past few years .

Also time for EA to stop making BB games LMAO at that number.

Really Forza 6 didnt even make top ten for september? Maybe the franchise is suffering from oversaturation ever since it became annual with the Horizon series.

Top Bottom