• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2015 [Up2: Nintendo Numbers]

Ryng_tolu

Banned
As far as November, I only see those Star Wars bundles and even that CoD bundle just selling at insane rates the closer we get to their respective release dates. Xbox would need a price cut to compete imo.

Gonna agree with this. I mean, seriusly. Tomb Raider and Fallout can't even get close!
Withouth a official pricedrop, i can't see XB1 sell better than PS4 this holidays.

Conduit

Banned
The hourly has been something like this for the past 24 hours:

#10 PS4 UC Bundle
#21 XB1 Halo 5 Bundle
#22 PS4 LE Star Wars Bundle
#23 PS4 LE Call of Duty Bundle
#58 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#61 XB1 Gears of War Bundle
#69 XB1 Madden Bundle
#73 XB1 Forza 6 Bundle
#86 PS4 Non-Bundle (wtf?)

Out of those only the UC Bundle counts for PS4 for October. It's gonna be very close imo.

As far as November, I only see those Star Wars bundles and even that CoD bundle just selling at insane rates the closer we get to their respective release dates. Xbox would need a price cut to compete imo.

There should be one more monthly update for October. When you put it all together, Uncharted Collection bundle spent more time ( days ) ahead of Halo 5 bundle than Halo 5 ahead of Uncharted Collection bundle on hourly charts.

Mikey Jr.

PS4 winning most of the months gets kind of boring as evidenced by this thread.

I think a PS4 win for October though is going to be very very interesting. Halo is essentially MS's trump card. It is their way to turn the tides in North America at least. If XB1 loses October, then they have officially lost North America imo.

I always thought that MS would eventually sell more in NA because Halo, Gears, Forza, etc. But yeah, if Halo doesn't get Xbox the win, then its done.

JaggedSac

I think a PS4 win for October though is going to be very very interesting. Halo is essentially MS's trump card. It is their way to turn the tides in North America at least. If XB1 loses October, then they have officially lost North America imo.

I always thought that MS would eventually sell more in NA because Halo, Gears, Forza, etc. But yeah, if Halo doesn't get Xbox the win, then its done.

I think this can already be said regardless of Halo 5.

On Demand

Banned
Does Sony use shipped numbers as their "installed base"?

I just think he's going off the last sales update to say more than 25 million sold. The number is too exact.

Anyone know when is the next report?

I say XBO will win with at least 100K difference (October NPD). Halo 5 is just too big and I doubt a $50 price cut is gonna increase the sales of PS4 that much. Plus many people will wait for the good PS4 bundles (SWBF bundles).

Amazon and other retailer charts don't reflect this. That bundle has never passed PS4 on any chart during this month. That must account for something.

He probably doesn't know MS will cut the price by $50 this Holiday, so yeah MS will win and it won't be close.

You've been very.........confident lately.

Boke1879

To me MS has lost NA even if they close the gap. As long as Sony manages parity as far as sales go with MS it's essentially a wash.

Like you said though. Halo is their game to kinda gain some momentum and I feel it's move plenty of software. I'm just curious how much Hardware it's pushing. I don't think it'll ever do what Halo 3 did for the 360.

Another thing. Halo isn't the top dog anymore. You got COD releasing in a week and then Battlefront not far off.

Going by amazon, walmart and new xbox bundles popping up, could ps4 actually be winning?

Off course, not only are two of the 6 bundles they announced not selling this month but the other 3 are retail exclusives and the fallout one isn't getting much pre-orders either (based amazon). I'm not even incluiding PS4 price drop and attractive bundles that btw are sold out on Amazon and are still selling at higher prices even the vanilla PS4 is selling like WTF?

This has to be the best NPD that's gonna happen this gen, get excited!!

Edit:
Don't doubt just hype lol

There should be one more monthly update for October. When you put it all together, Uncharted Collection bundle spent more time ( days ) ahead of Halo 5 bundle than Halo 5 ahead of Uncharted Collection bundle on hourly charts.

Maybe, but time spent ahead of something on an hourly chart doesn't matter if the units aren't the same.

Monthly charts should be more reflective, and it looks like Halo 5 is ahead now (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-10/videogames/#2)? Surprised to see the more expensive console as the best selling. Usually in the US, we go for cheapest.

Purest 78

Maybe, but time spent ahead of something on an hourly chart doesn't matter if the units aren't the same.

Monthly charts should be more reflective, and it looks like Halo 5 is ahead now (http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-10/videogames/#2)? Surprised to see the more expensive console as the best selling. Usually in the US, we go for cheapest.

The Tlou sku is at 38 also the Destiny sku is there. Halo bundle is only 2 spots above The UC bundle. I would say ps4 is beating x1 at amazon. How that translates to other stores I have no clue.

Boke1879

or it means they know they are losing and are trying one last push? this month will be truly interesting.

It's possible. This month would definitely be the time to experiment with these insane deals and it would kinda look bad if they didn't win hardware this NPD with the release of their biggest IP

The Tlou sku is at 38 also the Destiny sku is there. Halo bundle is only 2 spots above The UC bundle. I would say ps4 is beating x1 at amazon. How that translates to other stores I have no clue.

It's possible. I didn't say XB1 was winning. It's possible that the aggregation of all PS4's is greater - hard to know without knowing any numbers, of course.

I was simply addressing the point that if something spent more time ahead in the hourly charts, that doesn't really mean anything overall for a month.

One item can outsell another item for 1000 hours by 1 unit, but the second item can outsell the first item in just one hour if it sells 1001 more units.

I say XBO will win with at least 100K difference (October NPD). Halo 5 is just too big and I doubt a $50 price cut is gonna increase the sales of PS4 that much. Plus many people will wait for the good PS4 bundles (SWBF bundles).

He probably doesn't know MS will cut the price by $50 this Holiday, so yeah MS will win and it won't be close.

You seem to be dead set on this prediction when nothing so far points to it. So a $50 price cut won't increase PS4 sales much, but a $50 price cut for Xbox One(that hasn't been announced) will make the holidays not close....

At least? The PS4's first price cut isn't going to increase sales that much?

Oh, you're a daring one.

Elios83

Emmmm Chobel it's ok to be a fan and hoping for something, but you're out of touch with reality here on multiple fronts.
There is no way Microsoft will win with that margin, indeed the indications are that they risk to lose the month.
About that 50$ price cut, with multiple retailers leaking their deals for November it's getting also clear that there won't be an official 50$ price drop but specific deals with retailers. Point is that Sony is doing them as well.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Does anyone know when tracking for October ends?

4 october to 31 October.

Very reminiscent of Titanfall month with all the stealth deals.

...And at the end... D:

PS4-Tank.png

Thank you, Ryng.

I'm already preparing for the "mass shock" when PS4 takes this month. It will lead to doom posts for X1 but I'll just be interested in how much Halo did for X1 and going off that. Of course the X1 isn't going to take the PS4 after its first price cut.

Apt101

I think the PS4 will take October. It seems like it had various SKU's always charting on Amazon, and they actually sold out at a local Target and only had a few left at BestBuy after the price cut. Xbox One probably did really well thanks to Halo 5, but I don't think it did price-drop PS4 type numbers.

On Demand

Banned
New Kinetic bundle is already 16 at Amazon. Can it be enough in this last week? Interesting times.

Is that bundle Amazon only or all retailers?

Bgamer90

Banned
New Kinetic bundle is already 16 at Amazon. Can it be enough in this last week? Interesting times.

Is that bundle Amazon only or all retailers?

Seems like it's various stores (at least online).

Yeah, I'm currently thinking Xbox One will get October (though not by a lot) due to the Halo bundle doing well in sales for this month alone + the Halo bundle pre-order build-up + the increase and/or release of various other Xbox One bundles this month alongside Halo 5.

Overall, I find the back/forth between who's making a "good prediction" and who is making a "bad prediction" a bit funny since nothing that has been stated on the page yet (at least from what I can tell) is really crazy to me -- especially since we don't have a clue as to how all of these bundles (and their pre-orders from previous months) will add up.

allan-bh

It's interesting that Black Ops III XBO is constantly ahead of PS4 version on Amazon. In Best Buy Abdiel said that in his store the PS4 version has more pre-orders.

I'm curious what version will sell more on NPD.

It's interesting that Black Ops III XBO is constantly ahead of PS4 version on Amazon. In Best Buy Abdiel said that in his store the PS4 version has more pre-orders.

I'm curious what version will sell more on NPD.

XB1 obviously do to PS4 CoD bundle that isn't counted, we have been there before in various NPD's. Always explaining it to juniors xD

Top Bottom