• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

NPD September 2011 Sales Results [Update 3: FIFA 12, Madden 12, Dead Island]

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Jul 7, 2010
Yup, Kinect proved to be more of a system seller than Blu-Ray or Move. MS treated it as a separate hardware platform and launched it with terrific marketing, so they are reaping the rewards now. I wonder what will be the strategy for Sony in the US; lower price definitely helps, but they need some sort of a huge boost to increase sales. It sold well this month, but we don't know if it will do that consistently. Next month's NPD will be really interesting.

OldJadedGamer

Banned
Feb 28, 2006
CVG
Kenak said:
I am in the same position, though I've bought ODST even. I am currently planning on not buying Halo 4 unless media and news sways me otherwise. This has been the opposite case for every Halo release prior.

Yeah, I will pay attention to previews of the game but right now... I don't think it will sway me at all.

Aselith

Mar 17, 2008
www.youtube.com
Congrats to the Dead Island team. They made themselves a great game that i think most people assumed was going to get lost in the holiday rush and instead have a hit on their hands. Very impressive numbers for a new IP!