• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD: The top Best selling Jrpgs of all time (5th & 6th)

sublimit

Banned
Hmm...I imagined FFVII had sold much more than that. Makes me wonder if SE will actually make a profit from FFVII Remake or if it will sink the company.

underberg

Hmm...I imagined FFVII had sold much more than that. Makes me wonder if SE will actually make a profit from FFVII Remake or if it will sink the company.

The market was much smaller back then. It was one of the best-selling games of all time in the US back then. The game went to sell almost 10m units worldwide which is an astonishing result for the time. Plus sales on PC.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally might not like the direction the FFVII Remake is going, but I still think going to sell well. They did everything they can to make it appeal to wider audience by making it action RPG instead Turned Based and it has much more realistic visuals. I personally wished they would just improved up on the original turn based combat.....but that’s just me.

I personally might not like the direction the FFVII Remake is going, but I still think going to sell well. They did everything they can to make it appeal to wider audience by making it action RPG instead Turned Based and it has much more realistic visuals. I personally wished they would just improved up on the original turn based combat.....but that’s just me.

While FFVII sales have been greatly exaggerated over the years, even Frogger did better in the US iirc or it was close, it still sold over 2 million copies and has been the game people keep remembering when mentioning Final Fantasy, i suspect the remake will do well. If it ends up not being fully exclusive it may even do better than well.

they don't have the talent to even make a game like that. they have studio japan. which are two or three small teams which the biggest game they can make is probably gravity rush.

and polyphony.

to make that kind of game they'd need a new studio.

I mean, they could possibly pull a partnership like they did with From on Bloodborne worst case scenario. Where they combine some of their devs with another third-party to make another game like that. In this case maybe a company like Square (ironic I know) or Capcom.

underberg

I mean, they could possibly pull a partnership like they did with From on Bloodborne worst case scenario. Where they combine some of their devs with another third-party to make another game like that. In this case maybe a company like Square (ironic I know) or Capcom.

Sorry for bothering but can you please care to elaborate the contradictions in the data you posted?

Top Bottom