• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

nRevolution Summer 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptunes

News: CUBE Magazine Tidbits
By Ash - Jul 3rd 2004 21:26

CUBE magazine has suggested several things about the DS and "Revolution", but nothing has been confirmed yet.

The newest issue of CUBE magazine has hit the shelves and there are a few tidbits of information about the Nintendo DS and Revolution. What they said has not been confirmed by Nintendo so should be taken with a metaphorical pinch of salt.

They stated that Miyamoto is working hard on the DS and Revolution, which both have an expected release of 2005. However as it has been confirmed that the DS will be out this year in Japan and America this news is a little vague to be jumping to any conclusions.

They also stated that at E3 2005 Nintendo plan to showcase the "Revolution", with an expected release date of Summer 2005 in Japan and America.

It seems unlikely but don't rule anything out until Nintendo does.

Source: CUBE Magazine
Cube Europe

Redbeard

Banned
doomed.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Summer 2005?
There goes all my theories

aaaaa0

I've heard some pretty crazy things about Revolution. (And not in a spec way, more like a business model way.)

I think people are going to be in for a suprise when Nintendo reveals everything.

Depending on who you talk to, this is either NINTENDO = DOOMED!1!! or maybe not...

GigaDrive

Banned
in other news, European website blah-bleh reports that Sega is a going to launch its new console, the Landale, in 3 weeks.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
aaaaa0 said:
I've heard some pretty crazy things about Revolution. (And not in a spec way, more like a business model way.)

I think people are going to be in for a suprise when Nintendo reveals everything.

Depending on who you talk to, this is either NINTENDO = DOOMED!1!! or maybe not...

What the hell does that mean?

=D

On that business model...If it's anything like what some people have told me, Nintendo is stupid and doomed.

Now we come to the part where you both tell us what the hell you're talking about.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Nintendo Ate My Children said:
Now we come to the part where you both tell us what the hell you're talking about.

Nah, but the model is really stupid.. I'll agree with that..

that is of course unless Nintendo is using several codenames to confuse the shit out of everyone instead of just changing it.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like a lot of Smoke and Mirrors here. Speak or shut up.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
DopeyFish said:
*hint* look at mighty hedgehogs posts in the last couple days ;)
Did you miss the part where Hedgehog said he was drunk?

:rolleyes

element

aaaaa0 said:

same here from what i have been hearing.

element

olubode said:
How's that AOL/Pokemon Online rumor going Oxygen?
i should have never listened to that guy :\ doesn't matter, I'll take my hits for that one. You can't get everything right.

olubode said:
Seems like a lot of Smoke and Mirrors here. Speak or shut up.

Typical day in I-talk-out-of-my-ass-ville.

Seriously, guys. Either give up the goods some or just don't post. Bad as IGN here some days with the "insider" info.

SA-X

Unless if they're planning on moving Zelda to Revolution, or Mario 128 is a lot more further along than we think, no way in hell are they going to release Revolution in 2005.

Late Summer/Early Fall 2006 release with Mario 128 and maybe a new Retro Studios fps.

Guys I heard some interesting things about nintendo's new console, i'm a pretty important guy in the videogame industry

I'll tell you this much

It's either very good or

very bad

maybe if some of you guys come to my place and perform oral sex on my penis i'll tell you, but i dunno, my penis is pretty big, what with all the secret stuff i know about videogames

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
Mike Works said:
Guys I heard some interesting things about nintendo's new console, i'm a pretty important guy in the videogame industry

I'll tell you this much

It's either very good or

very bad

maybe if some of you guys come to my place and perform oral sex on my penis i'll tell you, but i dunno, my penis is pretty big, what with all the secret stuff i know about videogames

You were more talkactive in the past.

sincerely,
your little BIATCH

Milhouse31 said:
You were more talkactive in the past.

sincerely,
your little BIATCH
I also used to cry over girls and yell at my parents for bugging me about doing my homework.

sincerely,
your friendly neighborhood CANADIAN

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
krypt0nian said:
Typical day in I-talk-out-of-my-ass-ville.

Seriously, guys. Either give up the goods some or just don't post. Bad as IGN here some days with the "insider" info.
They're Xbox fans. Ignore them.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
I guess some X-BOX fans are trying to callout Nintendo fans and catch us in hypocracy. I've been ragging on the Xenon for it's premature 2005 launch, but you think that I would deffend Nintendo for doing the same? No, they'd be just as unwise to do it for the same reasons.

But this is all beside the point, Nintendo isn't going to release the Revolution in 2005...maybe late 2005 in Japan only, but I even doubt that. This "source" has pretty much been wrong on all accounts in the past so if X-BOX fans are gonna start trying to call us out using this crap as bait they're clutching at straws.

Oh yeah and this "business model" you speak of...you mean your own theory on what the Revolution will be? Yeah...like you guys (as people who don't even like/keep up with Nintendo) would know...pfft! This is the first console under the new Nintendo...I think we're ALL in for a shock come E3 2005!

madara

Its all about software and we all know that takes major time. Heck even 2006 launch will likely feel rushed in that department let alone 05, gads.

Nintendo Revolution ---> no controller... all eyetoy/motion controls... 2005 release..

cant wait to see the nintendo guys try and defend the 2005 release for revolution if it appears to be happening..

cant wait to see ANYONE try and defend releasing a system with complete eyetoy controls if it appears to be happening.

thats just the rumor above folks, not what i believe.

It's not going to happen. Nintendo would be retarded to do it. Everyone is going to be buying The Legend of Zelda, not another damn console. All, IMO, of course.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
LuckyBrand said:
Nintendo Revolution ---> no controller... all eyetoy/motion controls... 2005 release..

cant wait to see the nintendo guys try and defend the 2005 release for revolution if it appears to be happening..

cant wait to see ANYONE try and defend releasing a system with complete eyetoy controls if it appears to be happening.

thats just the rumor above folks, not what i believe.

Your ass called. It wants its BS back.

Ranger X

What's with that urge to begin the next gen of consoles already!??? The fuck Microsoft and Nintendo? (if it's true)

We are BEGINNING to enjoy our Xboxs god damned it. Good games that really exploit the strengh of our PS2s and Xboxs have just began to be released!!!!

Can't they wait at the very least, 5 years????????????????????????????????????????????

olubode said:
Your ass called. It wants its BS back.

wow, someone is SENSITIVE when people speak about nintendo.

clearly you missed the "this is the rumor, i dont believe it" part... jesus christ, are you 12 or something?

neptunes

Cause they all want to up each other.

Nintendo and MS thought that the Ps2's early release is what made them number one this gen. :rolleyes:

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Bah, why didn't this die in the other topic?

The next Nintendo system will go on sale in 2006. Not 2005. You will see it in 2005 at E3, but you won't be able to buy it that year.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
LuckyBrand said:
wow, someone is SENSITIVE when people speak about nintendo.

clearly you missed the "this is the rumor, i dont believe it" part... jesus christ, are you 12 or something?

I apologize. I missed your last comment. But read above and you can see some earlier posters talking a lot of hot air in this thread (on of them being a MS employee). Clearly, I should not have said anything negative to you.

beerbelly

Banned
NRev will have the same impact and 'innovation' as the GameBoy DS.
Although these new ideas and functions seem very creative, it will be realized on an underpowered machine [compared to the next two]

olubode said:
I apologize. I missed your last comment. But read above and you can see some earlier posters talking a lot of hot air in this thread (on of them being a MS employee). Clearly, I should not have said anything negative to you.

not a problem... i am definately not a thread derailer/shitter though, so i take offense at being called one.. i am not creative enough to really derail a thread :)

plus my recent sega fascination actually has me kinda interested i nintendo as they are doing alot of Sega-y things, very innovative, weird things.. unfortunately that usually means they fail, but if they cover their costs, they oculd easily have multiple weird systems out there with niche hardcore fanbases i'd think..

DopeyFish

it's easy to deny an xbox fans comments on something nintendo related, but i'll be damned if you'll deny the truth.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
DopeyFish said:
it's easy to deny an xbox fans comments on something nintendo related, but i'll be damned if you'll deny the truth.

After re-reading dopey's post three times...

Has anything you ever said come to fruition?

Gimme a break. When you spout crap like you have in this thread and don't explain what you're talking about, people roll their eyes even more than usual.

DopeyFish said:
Deny the truth of a rumor, when the only thing we know about said rumor is that people here are winking and nodding to each other about it?

Ranger X

neptunes said:
Cause they all want to up each other.

Nintendo and MS thought that the Ps2's early release is what made them number one this gen. :rolleyes:

I though those guys would have knowned it's because PS1 was strong selling and with a fat userbase... Add that with fact that you're first coming out and BOOM --- here goes PS2.

Launching early means nothing if you don't have other factors reinforcing the move (i know that you know, just wanted to say it again...)

GDGF

Soothsayer
DopeyFish said:
9 out of 10 times, yes.

LMFAO!!

Your guesses (and they are just that, let's not kid ourselves here) are about as bad as our famous brazillian friend on that 'o'ther board. Either your sources are full of it, and you're buying, or you're full of it and trying to sell. Either way it's BS. Sorry to call you out, but come on! :lol

Remember when you tried to convince us that due to inside information from your sources, you were certain that this E3 would be Nintendo's worst in it's history. Disastrous, is how you stated it, I believe. I'm sure you remember how that one panned out :)

DopeyFish

All I said was to not keep your hopes up, how that equates into the "most disastrous E3 showing ever" I don't know. Making a mountain out of a molehill. God damn some people on this forum are a little dense.

element

you were certain that this E3 would be Nintendo's worst in it's history
outside of DS, which wasn't that impressive, Nintendo had a pretty lame booth and show. PC had a better showing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom