• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

nRevolution Summer 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Don't keep your hopes up my ass! You said horrible. Worst showing in years, and language of the sort. I remember, because that was a pretty damn popular thread that I chimed in a few times. No going back on what you said, Dopey. Too many people on this board with excellent memories to get away with that.

GDGF

Soothsayer
element said:
outside of DS, which wasn't that impressive, Nintendo had a pretty lame booth and show. PC had a better showing!!

So in the minds of Microsoft employees, Nintendo had a lame show, eh Oxygen? You guys are cracking me up over here! I need my damn :lol smiley!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
You must be thinking of someone else, because all I said was to not keep your hopes up.

Nice try, though.

element

Lost Weekend said:
So in the minds of Microsoft employees, Nintendo had a lame show, eh Oxygen? You guys are cracking me up over here! I need my damn :lol smiley!
who said horrible? I said lame. There wasn't any good 3rd party games in there booth, you had to stand in-line for a while to even touch DS, and most of the other games were average. No to mention all the Nintendo freaks willing to murder someone for a pin or plush toy (that would have been enough to keep me out of that booth, but I wanted to see Zelda)
I was in there to see the Zelda trailer, after that I was out.

GDGF

Soothsayer
DopeyFish said:
You must be thinking of someone else, because all I said was to not keep your hopes up.

Nice try, though.

Nope, it was you. I called you out on it right after the show, and you were pretty sheepish in your response back then, I guess now your strategy is to downplay your past language, eh?

Nice try, though. (for a guy with absolutely zero credibility)

GDGF

Soothsayer
element said:
who said horrible? I said lame. There wasn't any good 3rd party games in there booth, you had to stand in-line for a while to even touch DS, and most of the other games were average. I was in there to see the Zelda trailer, after that I was out.

Read what you just quoted, Oxy. I know you said lame. I also said you're a Microsoft employee :)

element

Lost Weekend said:
Read what you just quoted, Oxy. I know you said lame. I also said you're a Microsoft employee :)
I'm speaking as a FAN who was there with first hand impressions of E3 and what was in the booth. I wasn't that impressed, which is why it is an opinion.

beerbelly said:
NRev will have the same impact and 'innovation' as the GameBoy DS.
Although these new ideas and functions seem very creative, it will be realized on an underpowered machine [compared to the next two]

And how do a system that comes after Xbox2 will be underpowered?i really need someone to explain this to me....

DopeyFish

After the show, if you remember, I called it the worst showing ever. Reggie had a very monotonous voice, they pushed powerpoints almost as much as Sony and their trailers were worse than my first time efforts at creating a home-movie trailer.

You have some awful host say "kick ass" and show Legend of Zelda and every Nintendo fan goes ga-ga. You need a :lol? I need a huge fucking :rolleyes here. Back off, shut up... and don't bother accusing me of your childish bullshit.

GDGF

Soothsayer
element said:
I'm speaking as a FAN, nothing more, nothing less. I wasn't that impressed, which is why it is an opinion.

Yes, I'm sure you're speaking as a fan, as you have been known to do on this board for years and years :) Absolutely no MS bias in you, Im sure!

:lol (dammit, don't make be beg!)

element

Bluemercury said:
And how do a system that comes after Xbox2 will be underpowered?i really need someone to explain this to me....
Who says Nintendo has to use the most powerful processor out there in the machine?
You're making the assumption that Revolution is direct competition with PS3 and Xenon, which for all we know right now, it might not be.

Absolutely no MS bias in you, Im sure!
Actually none at all. While I do think that Xbox had a strong show, I think PS2 and PC had great shows as well.

GDGF

Soothsayer
DopeyFish said:
After the show, if you remember, I called it the worst showing ever. Reggie had a very monotonous voice, they pushed powerpoints almost as much as Sony and their trailers were worse than my first time efforts at creating a home-movie trailer.

You have some awful host say "kick ass" and show Legend of Zelda and every Nintendo fan goes ga-ga. You need a :lol? I need a huge fucking :rolleyes here. Back off, shut up... and don't bother accusing me of your childish bullshit.

Nope, I am absolutely not backing off or shutting up. I'm actually quite enjoying watching you try to wiggle out of this one. It's high time somebody called you out for the BS you like to spew. How about you try to change the subject by introducing another BS rumor you got from an inside source? It just might work this time! :D

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
element said:
Who says Nintendo has to use the most powerful processor out there in the machine?
You're making the assumption that Revolution is direct competition with PS3 and Xenon, which for all we know right now, it might not be.

Actually none at all. While I do think that Xbox had a strong show, I think PS2 and PC had great shows as well.
Oxy, just stop. Your Blaster1_0.exe is so faulty that I can read its code.

AniHawk

I don't care if anyone disses Reggie and all the William Hung type of hype which followed, but the way Nintendo showed of The Legend of Zelda was well done. It was the final thing of their conference, and no speaker specifically told anyone what the video was going to be about. Even as it started, it kept people guessing what it might be until it showed Link. I'd have made the trailer a bit longer, closer to its release date (E3 2005), and used different music (Riders of Doom gets a bit old after a while), but the way it was presented was still very well done, and after the "disappointment" everyone saw visually in The Wind Waker, it came as a huge shock Link was "realistic" and looked a lot more badass.

element said:
outside of DS, which wasn't that impressive, Nintendo had a pretty lame booth and show. PC had a better showing!!

That's like saying...

Outside of Halo 2, MS had a pretty lame booth and show. PC had a better showing!!

GDGF

Soothsayer
Oh, and I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but isn't it kind of funny that everyone in this thread who have reported to have inside information on Nintendo's distribution model for the Revolution (and have stated it doomed or doa) are known ido..er...XboX enthusiasts?
I'm sure Nintendo's sent them info pacs and detailed schematics, eh folks? :)

DopeyFish

Lost Weekend said:
Oh, and I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but isn't it kind of funny that everyone in this thread who have reported to have inside information on Nintendo's distribution model for the Revolution (and have stated it doomed or doa) are known ido..er...XboX enthusiasts?
I'm sure Nintendo's sent them info pacs and detailed schematics, eh folks? :)

Keep your friends close, your enemies closer.

GDGF

Soothsayer
:lol I gotta give you this, Dopeyfish, you are oh so entertaining (and tenacious, too!) But you're really just making yourself look bad, rushing right back to the scene of the crime like that. :lol

AniHawk

Lost Weekend said:
:lol I gotta give you this, Dopeyfish, you are oh so entertaining (and tenacious, too!) But you're really just making yourself look bad, rushing right back to the scene of the crime like that. :lol

Are you familiar with the concept of trolling?

DopeyFish

Though it looks like no article pertaining to trolling could be used in this situation! Try other items in your inventory! There must be another way out!

im-with-stupid.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom