• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NSFW] HuniePop 2 adds transgender character, makes changes after backlash

Helios

Yes, I'm not impressed thus far either. The dev's choice to leave out many of the girls introduced in the first game is disappointing too. They have a limited budget to make this game, so I understand choices have to be made, but I would have made different ones. People will always have different opinions on who to include, so it's impossible to please everyone, but a lot of the characters that have been shown for HP2 seem very samey to me, with large breasts and slutty personality.

The original game covered some unconventional fetishes as well. Some of the secret characters that were unlocked at the end were
a young cat girl that calls you "master" and an alien with optional slave Leia outfit.
A dick girl fits right in, in terms of whackiness. But I think sex scenes with a biological man is a bridge too far for a lot of their fans.
To be honest cat girls are probably like the number one fetish between weebs. I wouldn't call it unconventional, at least not to their demographic.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
DlDWkdeUYAAfsQO.jpg

Unfortunately it' doesn't seem to be within the dev's capabilities right now to make multiple games for a wide variety of audiences.

i need serious help someone pm me i can't stop laughing

Paracelsus

If the game is perceived to be directed at a male audience, and you make the main character pansexual, the audience will feel associated to it and this is the result. It wouldn't be a big deal in Dragon Age or Mass Effect, but if they had done it with The Witcher you would've seen the exact same reaction.

I do actually have an extra Steam key for HuniePop if someone wants it. It's a fun match 3 game with dorky, pun-filled humor. The area they should have in focus for 2 is improving the match 3 and adding more to the dating.

To be honest cat girls are probably like the number one fetish between weebs. I wouldn't call it unconventional, at least not to their demographic.
For weebs? Yes, I agree. But most of the other characters are more standard stereotypes like "the sexy teacher" and "the shy gamer girl" that probably have more universal appeal.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Thank you very much good sir. Time for some waifu action. And puzzles apparently! You are the man! I do love match-3 games so hell yeah!

Last edited:

Dunki

Thank you very much good sir. Time for some waifu action. And puzzles apparently! You are the man! I do love match-3 games so hell yeah!
Enjoy it is a great game but also not very PC but the dialogues are funny^^

Last edited:

Isa

I love futanari (and oh so much more) but I wish the dev was a bit more focused on what they want to make. It comes off as lacking vision and artistic merit imho. But this game seems fairly vanilla and thus not really geared towards me and I'm not one to judge. I can see why the original audience got upset as well as the others.

Top Bottom