• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Number of Puyo Puyo Tetris players by country

lt519

Anyone who was a big fan of Tetris DS should buy this. I'm yet to get into Puyo Puyo but the seemless online play and ladder system are identical. Competitive play is great.

Ran into the #92 player last night and they were a Puyo player. It was an instant slaughter.

+1 Spain

With Zelda, Mario kart and this on my switch I now almost look forward to my business trips.

I'm even enjoying the story mode which I thought I'd turn off in 1 minute.

Also, people were bitching about the voice work and I actually think it's very good and with some funny lines.

EDarkness

PS4 online mode is deserted. I'm a top 20 Tetris player in Germany apparently. Out of 45 total.

This is really sad to hear. Maybe being physical only really didn't do the game any favors. Maybe word of mouth will help it, though a couple of people I know keep calling this a NS only game and I have to remind them that it's also for the PS4.

I have to admit, it's nice to have some more diversity in skills online.

Importing meant bringing my own bodybag anytime I went online for the past year.

Koren

Ugh it sucks having to relearn Tetris to leave garbage holes on purpose. It doesn't feel as fun and satisfying and clearing a Tetris meh..
Not sure what you're talking about (still waiting for mine to arrive) but I feel like back-to-back T-spin triples are more satisfying than tetris...

I remember going for 1 line + 67 back-to-back T-spin triples on Tetris DS (since it stops at 200 lines), it was really a great challenge after spending so much time just doing tetris.

Excited to get my hands on this... I used to love Puyo puyo till Puyo Pop on GBA. I really haven't enjoyed the later games, when Sega revamped the formula with Fever mode and change the graphical style.

I admit with a lot of shame that I've imported it for Vita half a year ago, but I've lacked time to play on Vita.

Lgndryhr

Tennessee is currently at 123 players. Population here has been growing ever so slowly, it was 95 when checked Thursday.

Hopefully the fact that I'm #1 by a significant amount is inspiring some of these guys to try playing Puyo for more than a few minutes lol

I've noticed in the stores in my part of TN that the game isn't selling extremely well.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
OP should be updated i bought a copy 3 days ago.

NETHERLANDS

Also i know at least 2 guys who bought it too.

MrPanic

Yeah, leaderboard says 181 players atm for the Netherlands. I'm actually just barely in the top 20 with a meager ranking of 2647. It's pretty hard to climb in this game, both because of really good players and the insane amount of disconnects.

natjjohn

Anyone who was a big fan of Tetris DS should buy this. I'm yet to get into Puyo Puyo but the seemless online play and ladder system are identical. Competitive play is great.

Ran into the #92 player last night and they were a Puyo player. It was an instant slaughter.

Don't have a switch, but loved Tetris DS.

Tempted to buy a switch but get worried i'll spend the money on it and not carve out the time to actually play!

Don't have a switch, but loved Tetris DS.

Tempted to buy a switch but get worried i'll spend the money on it and not carve out the time to actually play!

Trust me, this is the one console that throws that worry out of the window.

I had the same worry but somehow I'm playing handheld Switch more than I played 3DS and Co some Switch more than I played Wii U! Knowing you can take these games anywhere at anytime from the TV makes you want to play.

I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not but after a few countries it doesnt let me view anymore until I exit the game and come back :(

As of 06 May 2017

fmhKMPX.png

World (includes people who haven't selected a region): 31124

Countries (Europe)

Great Britain (UK) 1081
France 938
Germany 872
Spain 507
Netherlands 182
Sweden 154
Italy 138
Belgium 121