• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nurse at Naval Hospital Taking Racist Photos with Newborns

Tecnniqe

Banned
Send a PM, mods don't read every thread.

Mods got PM, mods been online since.

Much like the "haha white guy got sexually assaulted" nothing happened after it was reported and mods locked it figuring pointing out that backseat modding is not O-K but leaving the people to make fun of it unbanned.

Apparently you cant be racist or anything as long as the targeted person is white.

Enzom21

Much like the "haha white guy got sexually assaulted" nothing happened after it was reported and mods locked it figuring pointing out that backseat modding is not O-K but leaving the people to make fun of it unbanned.

Apparently you cant be racist or anything as long as the targeted person is white.

You PM'd a mod?
As mods make pretty clear, if you have an issue with moderation, PM a mod for clarification.

Plenty of people have been banned for say shit about white people.

Dunlop

Hmm, I find the video funny. But I also would understand why some people would me upset over it. However, my daughter is 10 months old and I've used her like a puppet to dance to all sorts of music.
This is a newborn baby, that should never be moved like that for obvious reasons.

This is a newborn baby, that should never be moved like that for obvious reasons.

In the short clip I saw, the nurse was barely moving the baby, so the response to this appears to me ridiculously overblown. I don't think there is any risk to the baby from moving it is such a slight manner.

EDIT: Poorly thought out comment. Point taken.

Vamphuntr

Time to fire her. If you are a healthcare professional this is entirely out of line. You are supposed to give the best care possible to patients and not this crap.

Enzom21

In the short clip I saw, the nurse was barely moving the baby, so the response to this appears to me ridiculously overblown. I don't think there is any risk to the baby from moving it is such a slight manner.

She wasn't supporting the newborn's neck and head which can lead to brain trauma(Shaken Baby Syndrome). She should not have been playing with a newborn like it was a toy.

Odd how much of a benefit of the doubt this woman is getting here in this thread

They're white. Of course they'll get every benefit of the doubt.

You do know you HAVE to support a newborns neck right? It's OK if you don't know that but then you should keep quiet about what is or isn't risky.

That ain't got shit to do with the issue. Who the fuck plays with a newborn like a toy in the hospital as a staff member?

Lois_Lane

It's not her kid. She doesn't get to decide shit except what she was paid to do.

Dunlop

She wasn't supporting the newborn's neck and head which can lead to brain trauma(Shaken Baby Syndrome). She should not have been playing with a newborn like it was a toy.
This.

I worked on a project years ago replacing a system responsible for diagnosing shaken baby syndrome. The images I saw still haunt me.

jWILL253

Banned

You poor thing.

I'll cry for your injustice. One tear.

... Annnnnnnnnnd, it's done.

On topic. We knew people was bussin it wide open for the snaps... but being racist for the snaps? That's some new shit. Fuck this lady.

Boss Mog

Send a PM, mods don't read every thread.

I'm surprised you're asking other people to PM mods about a racist post instead of doing it yourself; I mean isn't that kinda your forte? Oh wait nvm, I get it now...

From what I read of the thread I don't think anybody here is denying that what she did was highly inappropriate for somebody in her position or that she shouldn't lose her job for it. Some are just questioning the racism aspect since the baby seems to be white (and I'm not saying 100% that it is but if I was forced to guess I would honestly guess white because of the rosy complexion) and if she should be charged with a crime (and again I'm not saying she shouldn't).

Also I think your statement is pretty disingenuous since I've seen plenty of posters try to justify or defend awful behavior from some black people, like the thread about the guy that body slammed an elderly woman on concrete at a pool party, the one about the teens that let that poor guy drown or more recently the one about rapper xxxtentacion's physical abuse scandal to name a few off the top of my head, you know, since Enzom21 is gonna want those receipts and all. And it's not just my opinion since people caught bans in those threads.

BriGuy

Within the greater context of this thread, you could also easily say "They're white. Of course they're in doubt."

I don't know what the truth is. I don't know that it really matters at this point other than for the sake of accuracy (is she a loathsome piece of shit, or a loathsome piece of racist shit?). What I do know though is that this thread has done an excellent job of putting our implicit biases on display.

Enzom21

744514a7f9a0d149fc429bd3b3593257.gif

I don't even know why I responded to that bullshit.

Boss Mog

Am I in a thread complaining about a post and asking mods to do something about it?
Your shit is transparent and most people know your thoughts on race/black people at this point.
Also, I don't send mods PMs about post but believe what you want it is quite irrelevant.

My policy doesn't ever change: I want good things for good people no matter what race they are and I want bad people brought to justice no matter what race they are. Race doesn't affect my judgment whatsoever only people's actions do.

And really I could throw your statement right back at you and say that you obviously hate white people because I only ever see you post about is racism issues involving white people and if I think you PM mods it's because I've seen plenty of people get banned right after you showed up but I suppose it could just be an unlikely coincidence.

Kinvara

Gross.

At least the people who did this are actually getting punished.

If my mother had found out that something like this happened to me, that nurse would have seen what that place between life and death looks like.

One of the reasons I don't want to be a parent is because the idea of something terrible happening to my child enrages me like nothing else. If I found out about something like this happening to my children, I'd be struggling not to cause these people bodily harm. Children are not your racist fucking props.

Unreal. I hope every bad thing possible happens to her.

What parent wouldn't get enraged at the thought of someone hurting their child? It's instinctual.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I'm gonna post this on every page of this thread

DKFOz7jX0AE_Dyc

Idk how anyone can tell me 100% the race of this baby. To me it looks white.

For what it's worth I got this picture from the Washington Post article on the story. They don't mention the race of the baby at all.

These women did something despicable, and for some reason instead of talking solely about how awful their actions are, we have to talk about whether they are racist or not cause OP has assumed the race of the babies in question despite every news article I've read about this not mentioning race at all.

But what if the nurses saw the parents?

Top Bottom