• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA claims that Call of Duty Modern Warfare will run with 60fps in 4K/Ultra with Ray Tracing on RTX2080

CyberPanda

Banned
Two days ago, we informed you about the official PC requirements for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. And today, NVIDIA releasedsome more details about the game’s PC specs. According to these specs, an NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080 will be able to run the game in 4K/Ultra settings with 60fps and Ray Tracing.

For gaming at 1080p with 60fps, NVIDIA recommends using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or a GTX 1660. For gaming at 1080p with 60fps and Ray Tracing, the green team recommends using an NVIDIA 2060 SUPER.

Competitive players that want framerates as high as 144fps (at 1080p) will need an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 or an RTX 2070 SUPER. Lastly, for gaming at 4K with Ray Tracing, NVIDIA recommends an NVIDIA RTX2080 SUPER.

NVIDIA did not state the graphics settings for these specs, however we can assume that it’s referring to Ultra/Max settings. I mean, it wouldn’t make sense to have Medium or High settings for enabling the Ray Tracing effects.

As we’ve already stated, the game will also support real-time ray tracing. Infinity Ward will be using ray tracing for the game’s shadows. Not only that, but the game will have uncapped framerates, FOV slider, advanced mouse settings & more on the PC. It’s also worth noting that the game will support cross-play between PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Lastly, the game will support both NVIDIA Ansel and NVIDIA Highlights.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare releases on October 25th, and you can find below its detailed PC system requirements.

dasdasdasdsa.jpg

175 gb.

Is this the biggest install size ever for just the standalone game (no DLC or patches)?

Note! In each of the Specs, the HDD references HD space of 175GB. 175GB is the storage space we recommend players keep available in order to download the post-launch content we’ll be bringing to Modern Warfare. At launch, the initial download will be smaller.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
that sounds about right, there's a lot of detail leveling under the hood to allow for this

i run apex at 4k 60 fps ultra with ssync and it's pushing a top of the line rig to its limits

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I was getting 260fps in the beta, in ultra detail and 1440p. (2080ti)

So 60 in 4k with RT sounds possible yeah.

Last edited:
Just bring down Ultra to High or Very High in settings too. That should assist with keeping the low fps hits a bit higher, without noticing any discernible difference in quality. Probably depends on specific games really, but overall Ultra settings are never noticed especially at fast play.

Last edited:

h3ad0rZ

Its not that surprising if the game still running on that quake 3 engine (modified to hell at this point of course). Or did they switch it?

Its not that surprising if the game still running on that quake 3 engine (modified to hell at this point of course). Or did they switch it?

It's a completely new engine man from the ground up. Do some research before posting nonsense and trying to spread false information.

s34ab

Banned
I'm wondering what their "high/competitive" settings are, specifically. Because generally speaking, "competitive" is just everything set to low.

manfestival

I really doubt that considering the performance I had with my 2080(non super) at 2k. The game ran fine but I did have some gnarly dips. That all without even bothering with Ray Tracing. Also I am curious as to how the game would look any different with Ray Tracing on since.... it doesn't immediately strike me as a game that benefits from it(granted I never played the night goggle mode but I heard a lot about it).

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I really doubt that considering the performance I had with my 2080(non super) at 2k. The game ran fine but I did have some gnarly dips. That all without even bothering with Ray Tracing. Also I am curious as to how the game would look any different with Ray Tracing on since.... it doesn't immediately strike me as a game that benefits from it(granted I never played the night goggle mode but I heard a lot about it).

As I mentioned above I was pulling 260 average fps on a 2080 at 1440p with everything set to ultra.

If you had performance issues then your rig has something wrong some place. CPU Make? Memory?

The game runs like a dream on a good system with the latest drivers.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
I'm wondering what their "high/competitive" settings are, specifically. Because generally speaking, "competitive" is just everything set to low.

i've never agreed with this, i always seem to dominate at ultra settings

the extra fidelity goes a long way to keeping me engaged in the fight

i honestly kinda scoff at the low settings max brightness players, they're weaklings

Last edited:

manfestival

As I mentioned above I was pulling 260 average fps on a 2080 at 1440p with everything set to ultra.

If you had performance issues then your rig has something wrong some place. CPU Make? Memory?

The game runs like a dream on a gold system with the latest drivers.
I already considered that. Especially since I have no problems with other games.

No it isn't. Very heavily modified? Yes. Completely new? No. At its core it's still id Tech 3.

You sure about that little Timmy?

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will be the first game in the series to run on a brand-new engine in 14 years. At a preview event earlier this month, Infinity Ward confirmed that the upcoming release will not run on the tech that has defined the series since 2005’s Call of Duty 2."

Source - https://www.pcgamesn.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare/engine

:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom