• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 reviews and benchmarks

dr_rus

Embargo on 1080 reviews should end in 10 minutes, but the Chinese guys can't into western times anyway so the first review is out: http://www.pcpop.com/view/2/2763/2763166_all.shtml?r=17180620#p1

Will update the first post with new reviews as soon as they'll become available.

Bolded ones below are recommended:

English:
Other languages:
Video reviews:
Custom 1080 cards reviews:
B4Qb.png

Courtesy of 3DCenter, click for 1080p and 4K comparison.

Woffls

Skimmed through Guru3D as quickly as I could before the site stopped responding. Saw 1db above 750 Ti, decent temps, and ~25-30% perf fps increase over 980 Ti on Hitman and Tomb Raider. That about right?

Zaph

Sitting on a 980ti and I know I should wait for the 1080ti, but I'm starting to get that upgrade itch...

jett

D-Member
Wow it actually is better than the Titan X in all benchmarks.

What's the point of the Titan X now?

Hasney

The one thing I've noticed is that I can get close to the 1080 Firestrike graphics scores on an 980ti with some OCing, but the overall score is harder to get and I've got a 6700k.

I personally think it's worth waiting for 980ti owners, but I'm sure those that jumped in early on that card have large budgets anyway. I'll certainly be looking to go to a 1080ti or Titan when they get released.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So according to those Guru3D benchies, stock 980Ti -> 1080, @1440p...

Witcher III Wild Hunt
61fps -> 82fps

Grand Theft Auto 4
86fps -> 114fps

Rise of the Tomb Raider
70fps -> 90fps

Ashes of the Singularity
57fps -> 80fps

The Division
59fps -> 79fps

DOOM
91fps -> 112fps

laxu

The Witcher at 4K result seems to match an overclocked 980 Ti. HardOCP in their 4K 980 Ti and Fury X test got 48.2 fps with the max overclock on an ASUS 980 Ti.

If it overclocks well then it probably ends up being roughly 20% faster than an overclocked 980 Ti.

abunai

This'll be a sweet upgrade from my 680. Might still wait for AMD's benchmarks to see which is the better buy.

hohoXD123

From overclockers club:

In Battlefield 4, the FPS levels are so high at 1920 x 1080 that there is nothing but smooth gameplay. A new technology called Fast Sync is being introduced to combat tearing when running with V-Sync off at high FPS level. The result is that you take a minimal FPS hit and better gaming experience using Fast Sync instead of the reduction in FPS to the refresh rate of your monitor.

Interesting...

Genio88

Looks like it gets fairly hot under load, about 82 celius, my GTX 980 OC is like 15 celius cooler under load...i thought better for a newer cooler and 16nm technology...That means fan profile must be set high, which will make the card loud, that's a shame, since my GTX 980 is already enough power wise for me i was thinking about upgrading to 1080 to get a quieter card, but that doesn't seem like the case at all

I personally think it's worth waiting for 980ti owners, but I'm sure those that jumped in early on that card have large budgets anyway. I'll certainly be looking to go to a 1080ti or Titan when they get released.

Yep, I think I will. The performance boost is nice on the 1080 from a 980ti for sure, but my rig isn't struggling with any games just yet, and I imagine it won't until I upgrade to the next Titan or ti model. Excited for 1070 benchmarks next month.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
LOL at everyone who doubted me.

jett

D-Member
The same point any product had before its successors launched?

Linus Tech Tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-61Zn4Sb8Q

Cards get outdated. There will be another Titan that will have a point when HBM2 is ready for the big time.

To be superceded by the technology that came out later than it like all hardware since the dawn of computing?

Well, yes.

The difference is that the Titan X still sells for a stupid price, it's almost twice the 1080.

Hasney

Anandtech Preview

http://anandtech.com/show/10326/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-preview

Well, yes.

The difference is that the Titan X still sells for a stupid price, it's almost twice the 1080.

They've stopped being produced by now. It won't get any cheaper, it's like a status symbol as much as a card and may still be handy for someone that needs 12GB of VRAM for whatever.

Even older Titans are quite often more expensive than the 1080 second hand.

Top Bottom