• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060/2070 Super Review Thread. New $399/$499 GPU King.

Leonidas

RTX 2070 Super
+$499 Founders Edition
+~1080 Ti performance, Faster than Radeon VII, $200 cheaper
+~15% faster than RTX 2070
+OC > 2080 stock
+Energy Efficient
+Cool and Quiet
+NVLink Support
+G-Sync & FreeSync compatible
+Next-Gen Ray Tracing

RTX 2060 Super
+$399 Founders Edition
+Faster than GTX 1080, within 5% of RTX 2070
+~15% faster than RTX 2060
+OC > 2070 stock
+Energy Efficient
+Cool and Quiet
+G-Sync & FreeSync compatible
+Next-Gen Ray Tracing
+8 GB G6

relative-performance_2560-1440.png

Nvidia’s RTX Super graphics cards kick ass, take names, and come highly recommended. It’s an exciting time to be a PC gamer!
PCWorld

The RTX 2070 Super is good, it kills off the Radeon VII at its current price and does the same to the RTX 2080. So you’re almost getting $700 performance for $500, almost. There’s also no better deal to be had at this price point...
TechSpot

NVIDIA’s new GeForce RTX 2060 Super and RTX 2070 Super offered strong performance throughout our entire battery of tests. Generally speaking, both cards are significant upgrades over the originals.
HotHardware

Last edited:

llien

Good that we already have orgasmic title, chuckle.

TL;DR
Super 2060 xs 2060, 18% more money for 13% more performance and 3% more power consumption.
Super 2070 vs 2070, 3% more money for 11% more performance and 4% more power consumption.

Performance is 3-5% worse in the following review:

2070 Super ($500) a bit more than 12% ahead of older 2070:

relative-performance_3840-2160.png

2060 Super ($400), the same story, but 15% higher price, which makes it worse perf/$ than non-super 2060:

relative-performance_1920-1080.png

AMD lineup in comparison:

5700 - should be a bit faster than 2060Super and cost $379. is fine as is
5700XT - should be about 12% behind 2070Super and cost $449, should be a tad cheaper

Last edited:
i still have a 1070 and still no games i play give it trouble at 1440 and 60fps.

CP2077 will change that and thats when ill probably upgrade to a 2070 super or an AMD that can best it

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
RIP AMD

i have a 2080 and if the 2080 Super is anything like the 2060/2070 then it'll probably come close to the 2080 Ti rather than the 2080. still if it's £1,000 vs £1,100 for a 2080 Ti then it's still shit value.

if nvidia sold a 2080 Super at ~£850 it'd be more tempting but even that is stupid money.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The 2070 Super is nice and a great option for those with only $500 to spend.

However the 2060 Super is an absolute disaster in terms of price. $400 is too fucking much for a 60 series GPU.

As for those of you saying that Radeon 5700 and 5700 XT are dead on arrival, can we at least wait until we see the fucking benchmarks before making those statements? Nobody has any clue what the performance numbers are for Navi and its entirely possible AMD can pull off a 4850 and offer competitive performance for the price. I certainly wouldn't get your hopes up for that, but we will see.

I am waiting to see what the 2080 Super looks like. And of course I am not buying until Partner cards come out.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Why are you so angry. The 2070 Super Founders Edition is superior to the 5700 XT in every possible way.

Why would anyone buy a 450$ RX 5700 XT?
Because you haven't seen the benchmarks.... you have no clue how the 5700 or 5700XT is going to perform. Its premature to say Navi is dead when we don't have one review.

Having said that, I expect the Super cards to be better choices when all is said and done.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I am more worried about performance and OC's. I would disagree on the looks, I've been doing Asus Strix cards for a while now and I really like the looks of those.
my 2080 FE runs just fine. to be fair it can get a bit loud but i'm not even using stock fan curves. i've pushed them to go as hard as i can put up with. stock curves are much quieter. temps stay well within spec.

all the turing cards are huge ugly things with massive heatsinks and plastic shrouds. i guess if i were to buy one it'd be the MSI gaming edition. nothing beats the solid all metal FE design for me.

Last edited:

Ellery

Because you haven't seen the benchmarks.... you have no clue how the 5700 or 5700XT is going to perform. Its premature to say Navi is dead when we don't have one review.

Having said that, I expect the Super cards to be better choices when all is said and done.

AMD has shown us official benchmarks in direct comparison to the RTX 2070 Founders Edition my friend.
What do you expect that the RX 5700 XT magically outperforms AMDs own numbers in the upcoming reviews?

my 2080 FE runs just fine. to be fair it can get a bit loud but i'm not even using stock fan curves. i've pushed them to go as hard as i can put up with. stock curves are much quieter. temps stay well within spec.

all the turing cards are huge ugly things with massive heatsinks. i guess if i were to buy one it'd be the MSI gaming edition. nothing beats the solid all metal FE design for me.

I actually haven't owned an MSI card. Ive only owned EVGA and ASUS cards over the years. I did have a MSI Gaming Edtion Motherboard once and in general I like their styling. Have a ASUS Hero X Mobo now since I have pretty much been all ASUS for a while now.

ethomaz

Banned
Seems like a killer launch unless AMD changes the prices for the incoming RX 5700 line up.

Well there is a slim change to RX 5700 do better than what AMD PR showed in real benchmarks... that could put AMD in a better position.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
AMD has shown us official benchmarks in direct comparison to the RTX 2070 Founders Edition my friend.
What do you expect that the RX 5700 XT magically outperforms AMDs own numbers in the upcoming reviews?
I just said let's wait and see. Its still possible that the 5700XT could be competitive when the price is 10% lower.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Seems like a killer launch unless AMD changes the prices for the incoming RX 5700 line up.

Well there is a slim change to RX 5700 do better than what AMD PR showed in real benchmarks... that could put AMD in a better position.
not happening. if anyone really wants an AMD card then best wait a couple months because they won't sell and then they'll be forced into a price drop.

ethomaz

Banned
not happening. if anyone really wants an AMD card then best wait a couple months because they won't sell and then they'll be forced into a price drop.
I believe it won't happen too.

nVidia was smart to put this refreshed launch countering what AMD will release... so nVidia will be the better option to choose even before the AMD could put their cards on market.

Even at higher price RTX 2070 Super offer way more than RX 5700 XT.

Last edited:

Ellery

I just said let's wait and see. Its still possible that the 5700XT could be competitive when the price is 10% lower.

Sure lets wait. I mean I don't really have skin in the game so I don't need to make decisions whether to buy/preorder it or get shafted by it being sold out.

dorkimoe

Worth upgrading from a 1080 to the 2070 super?

Edit looks like ill wait for the 2080 super

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Sure lets wait. I mean I don't really have skin in the game so I don't need to make decisions whether to buy/preorder it or get shafted by it being sold out.
I didn't realize this was a paper launch. Gamers will have no choice but to wait until July 9th to get a Super. By then the 5700XT will be out.

Ellery

400 bucks for a 2060 card.

LOL

Watch exactly nobody buying this shit.

It is probably going to outsell the RX 5700 and RX 5700 XT combined

I didn't realize this was a paper launch. Gamers will have no choice but to wait until July 9th to get a Super. By then the 5700XT will be out.

Yup. both want to sell sweet sweet amount of graphic cards during the Ryzen 3000 launch.
I wonder if AMD considers a price cut now before the RX 5700 series launches or if they stick with 380/450$

Last edited:

Kenpachii

It is probably going to outsell the RX 5700 and RX 5700 XT combined

Yup. both want to sell sweet sweet amount of graphic cards during the Ryzen 3000 launch.
I wonder if AMD considers a price cut now before the RX 5700 series launches or if they stick with 380/450$

They wil have to cut it down in price massively if they want to compete.

Last edited:

Ellery

AMD already did a price cut before launch they won't do another.

I think so too, atleast for the launch period, but afterwards they kind of have to.
Probably in September or after they are going to reduce the prices, but for Ryzen 3000 launch period they are keeping it at 380$/450$ because that is where most people buy new rigs and have to have a new GPU aswell.

I still think many will go for the 2060 Super and 2070 Super instead though. They make more sense

They wil have to cut it down in price massively if they want to compete.

The question is also "how much can they cut?" because I am certain AMD has higher manufacturing costs for those 5700 cards than Nvidia has with their 12nm counterparts

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Looks like 2070 Super is about 10.5% faster than Navi 5700 XT for the same price, while 5700 XT is about 3.6% faster than 2060 Super for $100 more. No RT hardware on Navi 5700 XT. 10% avg perf increase from OC on both Super cards.

2060 Super has about 20% better perf/$ than 5700 XT, while 2070 Super has about 10% better perf/$ than 5700 XT.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Looks like 2070 Super is about 10.5% faster than Navi 5700 XT for the same price, while 5700 XT is about 3.6% faster than 2060 Super for $100 more. No RT hardware on Navi 5700 XT. 10% avg perf increase from OC on both Super cards.

2060 Super has about 20% better perf/$ than 5700 XT, while 2070 Super has about 10% better perf/$ than 5700 XT.
Where are you getting these numbers?

The 5700XT and the 2070 super aren’t the same price.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Where are you getting these numbers?

The 5700XT and the 2070 super aren’t the same price.
Using 6 out of 11 games from AMD's performance benchmarks for 5700 XT.

5700 XT AiBs are said to be $499. Blowers are cheap and undesirable. 2060 Super's 10% OC will probably push it past 5700 XT OC in non-AMD, comprehensive benchmarks. Personally, I wouldn't want a blower setup on my OC'd 5700 XT pulling over 230W(probably more like 250W) compared to the 2060 Super that's pulling ~165W AVG/192W Peak gaming consumption. Just my personal take.

Last edited:
This gpu gen is boring.

The only sizeable upgrade for someone with a 1080ti/Titan x pascal/titan xp would be a Titan RTX.

The 2080 ti is good but it's way overpriced at the moment. And it still wouldn't be that much of an upgrade, outside of RT enabled titles.

I'm bored.

400$ means 400 euros or more in Europe.

That's WAY to expensive for a "60" tier card.
Yeah that's true , but then again at least 2070 SUPER! beats Amd's best offering which costs $200 more [vega7]..

Am I right to presume 'regular' 2060, 2070, 2080 is gone when it's gone? stock that is

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yeah thats true , but then again it beats Amd's best offering which costs $300 more [vega7]..
This is absolutely true. The Radeon VII was never a world beater, but it is now indisputably dead in the water and sadly there is probably little they can do to decrease the price. Koduri's obsession with HBM clearly hasn't paid off. Because of that I expect the GPUs at Intel will be underwhelming.
This gpu gen is boring.

The only sizeable upgrade for someone with a 1080ti/Titan x pascal/titan xp would be a Titan RTX.

The 2080 ti is good but it's way overpriced at the moment. And it still wouldn't be that much of an upgrade, outside of RT enabled titles.

I'm bored.
I suggest you go and look at the benchmarks again. Ignoring cost and looking strictly at performance, the 2080 Ti is quite a better than the 1080 Ti. Its a better upgrade than people give it credit for.

Now is it worth the cost? Probably not as the 1080 Ti can still hold its own. Anyone with a 1080 Ti would be better served waiting for Ampere.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
This is absolutely true.

I suggest you go and look at the benchmarks again. Ignoring cost and looking strictly at performance, the 2080 Ti is quite a better than the 1080 Ti. Its a better upgrade than people give it credit for.

Now is it worth the cost? Probably not as the 1080 Ti can still hold its own. Anyone with a 1080 Ti would be better served waiting for Ampere.

The $400 dollar markup for the same class of card with a ~25% improvement from the 1080ti just isn't worth the cost of an upgrade. I want to upgrade the 1080ti, but the performance improvement is not at all worth the asking price. I'd buy a 2080ti right now if they were selling for ~$850.00 but for $1200, lol, no way.

Hopefully the next line is closer than further away with a big improvement to RT capabilities.

Top Bottom