• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060/2070 Super Review Thread. New $399/$499 GPU King.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Anyone know when the 2070 Super might come back in stock?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Your guess is as good as ours. Just keep email notifications.

That's all you can do.
Alright. Just wanna get it while Control and Wolfenstein are still offered, which it says is good until August 18th.

Evilms

Banned
In stock in Europe.

Which is surprising, given that NV has excess of 2060/2070 (non-super) inventory on which it didn't drop price.

He want a founders edition.

FE is out of stock in europe too, As mentioned above, all you have to do is monitor your emails in case they are available again via the nvidia site.

Last edited:
399$ gpu and 499$ gpu lol You can buy a next gen console at this price and play games at 4k too .

What happened to pc hard ware iss cheap or making 4k pc is cheap?

You add cost of motherboard, , psu,monitor, cabinet and it goes to 1000$ lol

• LOL
Reactions: 888

Chromata

399$ gpu and 499$ gpu lol You can buy a next gen console at this price and play games at 4k too .

Consoles are more cost efficient, but PC's allow you to do much more. Most of what you listed are startup costs. You also save more money from competing digital store fronts. It's a give and take relationship.

Excellent article here from tom's hardware france about nvidia dlss / freestyle and amd ris

DLSS in Battlefield is embarrassing. Nvidia didn't receive enough criticism for it's terrible implementation imo. RIS absolutely embarrasses it in that game.

Looking at the freestyle vs RIS comparisons too (that tool they have is really really fucking cool, I wish we could fullscreen it).. they're extremely similar with RIS being a bit sharper. The details in the vests are ever so slightly clearer.

Overall it's a pretty good algorithm by AMD. Will be interesting to see if Nvidia "copies" them and adds their own image sharpening to their drivers.

HE1NZ

Banned
i still have a 1070 and still no games i play give it trouble at 1440 and 60fps.

CP2077 will change that and thats when ill probably upgrade to a 2070 super or an AMD that can best it
1070 is not enough even for 1080p unless you're playing at mid-high settings and not ultra. Or fine with 30 fps lock.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Consoles are more cost efficient, but PC's allow you to do much more. Most of what you listed are startup costs. You also save more money from competing digital store fronts. It's a give and take relationship.

Console store front are also cheap. You have Game pass plus E3 sales by Sony and Ultimate sales are right up there with Steam sales in prices. I have a PC but i done spending money on it.

Start up cost is alot and not easy to swallow for everyone and after 2 or 3 years you will have even better shit which you will have to upgrade to keep up

lol comparing pc's with consoles
LOL
Im comparing pure gaming side of things. If u rich and has lot of money then yea pc is the choice but majority of gamers will not be able to afford it.

On Steam hardware chart many play on 970 or 1050 cards. Very few own 1080 let alone 2080ti with 4k monitors.

Leonidas

Im comparing pure gaming side of things. If u rich and has lot of money then yea pc is the choice but majority of gamers will not be able to afford it.

On Steam hardware chart many play on 970 or 1050 cards. Very few own 1080 let alone 2080ti with 4k monitors.
PC average spec is low but the highest used GPUs are still more powerful than most consoles.

1050 Ti > PS4
1060 > PS4 Pro

Luckilly this thread is about GPUs that are much faster than the average PC GPU :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:

Last edited:

Chromata

Console store front are also cheap. You have Game pass plus E3 sales by Sony and Ultimate sales are right up there with Steam sales in prices. I have a PC but i done spending money on it.

Start up cost is alot and not easy to swallow for everyone and after 2 or 3 years you will have even better shit which you will have to upgrade to keep up

Components last longer than 2 to 3 years, but I hear you on the rest. Fortunately there's no shortage of options in today's gaming industry, Sony MS Nintendo and PC all have plenty to offer. From the looks of it, next gen will be even better in that regard. Lots to look forward to :messenger_winking:

Zannegan

Be fair. If you count the monitor as part of PC's cost, then make sure you add the price of your TV in the console column. And while you're at it make sure to add the cost of your yearly Live/PS+ subscription versus PC's um... nothing.

EDIT: moral of the story, after everything is taken into account, console gaming costs as much or more than gaming on PC. Painting PC gaming as "for the rich" is just as disingenuous as saying console gaming is "for the lazy."

Last edited:
Be fair. If you count the monitor as part of PC's cost, then make sure you add the price of your TV in the console column. And while you're at it make sure to add the cost of your yearly Live/PS+ subscription versus PC's um... nothing.

EDIT: moral of the story, after everything is taken into account, console gaming costs as much or more than gaming on PC. Painting PC gaming as "for the rich" is just as disingenuous as saying console gaming is "for the lazy."
Everyone owns tv to watch cable nd all but not everyone owns monitor. Plus 4k tv are cheaper than 4k monitor.

You can easily get live for cheap from 3rd party retailers. I never paid 60 for live. Even if u count it then 60$ a year is cheaper than spending 1000$ on PC.

500$
60$ per year

560 total.

TV i bought years before i bought console for family to watch cable tv. Console gaming was not even in my mind, so it can't be included. Sorry

But 4k gaming monitor you buy specifically to play games on your new pc games powered by your 1000$'PC.

Last edited:
PC average spec is low but the highest used GPUs are still more powerful than most consoles.

1050 Ti > PS4
1060 > PS4 Pro

Luckilly this thread is about GPUs that are much faster than the average PC GPU :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:
Next consoles will have gpu faster than 1080 while costing 500$ still with SSD and all. We will see how you will built a pc with same features under 500$

• LOL

Ivellios

I disagree with you here, you dont need a 2080ti paired with a i9 9900k to enjoy PC gaming.

You can build a very affordable mid range PC which is a little more expensive than consoles yes, but its well worth it.

No PS+, games are way cheaper, there is infinite backward compatibity, mods, there is way more game variety on PC than any consoles, you can customize your experience to have 60 FPS, emulation of older games is superb...

I play on consoles since forever but because of the advantages in PC im finally building my gaming PC on Black Friday, and im far from rich.

I disagree with you here, you dont need a 2080ti paired with a i9 9900k to enjoy PC gaming.

You can build a very affordable mid range PC which is a little more expensive than consoles yes, but its well worth it.

No PS+, games are way cheaper, there is infinite backward compatibity, mods, there is way more game variety on PC than any consoles, you can customize your experience to have 60 FPS, emulation of older games is superb...

I play on consoles since forever but because of the advantages in PC im finally building my gaming PC on Black Friday, and im far from rich.
I also checked pc part prices on newgg or pc part picker. You not building 4k pc under 500 and you definitely not matching ps5 specs at same price. You have to spend way more to experience PS5 level of gaming on PC. You can disagree all u want but soon you will see when everything officially revealed.

Why would i waste money on PC when next consoles will give me 4k60 experience and as far as mods are concerned then Fallout 4 and Skyrim support over 10000 mods now on Xbox and this bound to get better with more ram and all in future. It will never reach PC level modding but that doesn't matter as 90% PC gamers also don't care about modding and 90% of gamers prefer playing new games than old so BC again not a big issue plus Xbox supports BC for free and now PS5 as well

PC advantages in gaming are there but not enough to make average gamer spend 800 to 1000$ . Only super enthusiastic rich gamer will build PC with RTX ready 4k cards

Last edited:

Kenpachii

4vs9csl3k5a31.jpg

Cooler seems to be reused.

egocrata

Banned
I also checked pc part prices on newgg or pc part picker. You not building 4k pc under 500 and you definitely not matching ps5 specs at same price. You have to spend way more to experience PS5 level of gaming on PC. You can disagree all u want but soon you will see when everything officially revealed.

Why would i waste money on PC when next consoles will give me 4k60 experience and as far as mods are concerned then Fallout 4 and Skyrim support over 10000 mods now on Xbox and this bound to get better with more ram and all in future. It will never reach PC level modding but that doesn't matter as 90% PC gamers also don't care about modding and 90% of gamers prefer playing new games than old so BC again not a big issue plus Xbox supports BC for free and now PS5 as well

PC advantages in gaming are there but not enough to make average gamer spend 800 to 1000$ . Only super enthusiastic rich gamer will build PC with RTX ready 4k cards

You are comparing PCs available today to a console that will be out in a year or two . By the time the PS5 is around the 5700 will be a bargain bin card.

On the PC side, by the way, you always can trade between IQ, FPS and $. So if I feel like spending less, I can still play anything I want.

Ivellios

First, at the long term the cost of pc and console even out because as i said on my first post, games are way more expensive on console plus you need to pay for online on consoles.

Second, it is still not confirmed all triple A games will run at 4k/60 FPS, in fact i bet most of them will be locked at 30 FPS in order to reach the 4k resolution and there is nothing you can do about it. On PC you can adjust the settings to have 60 FPS if you wish.

And 90% of PC players dont care about mods and backward compatibility, where did you get these numbers from? care to post a source? if you cant than this is merely your opnion.

Finally, why do you come to a review thread of the RTX Super cards to say how consoles are way superior to PC? If you want to have this discussion create a new thread about it, dont derail a thread where people are talking about the new GPUs.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

How i make no sense? PS5 will have SSD confirmed already and leak ps5 benchmark showed it beating 1080 GTX.

You have anything to prove otherwise. You look like a salty pc gamer with above post

Nobody gives a shit about your shitty console dude. It doesn't play PC games, it doesn't have a fraction of PC library, hell it does not even exist at all.

Your SSD means shit, SSD is old news on PC. U can already get it for like what 20 bucks now. How does that make it special.

U still sit on a PS4 with 5400 rpm sata 2 harddrive. It's a joke.

Your 1080 gpu is also non interesting. First off all you don't know what GPU sits in that box they didn't reveal anything on this front. Second of all you don't know the clocks of it. So you also don't know what that thing is going ot push.

Also that box is far away from being released and PC tech is advancing in a rabit level then ever. A 1080 will be entry level performance the moment those consoles are out. And that's even IF it hits that performance.

Sorry mate, they could give me a PS5 for free i would still not use it.

U can keep up with your trolling about make a 500 shitty box so i got something to talk about that makes no sense.

Why are you not going to make a 600 buck console right now that does 1440p and 100+fps or does raytracing or plays wow vanilla or zelda breath of the wild at 4k.

I will be waiting on your console build.

You make zero sense dude, u are shitting this thread up with your garbage console warrior shit.

Nobody here gives a shit about your console not even once. It's entry level products with a few exclusives and that's it.

I don't even consider controllers controlled games and 30 fps playable.

Last edited:
Nobody gives a shit about your shitty console dude. It doesn't play PC games, it doesn't have a fraction of PC library, hell it does not even exist at all.

Your SSD means shit, SSD is old news on PC. U can already get it for like what 20 bucks now. How does that make it special.

U still sit on a PS4 with 5400 rpm sata 2 harddrive. It's a joke.

Your 1080 gpu is also non interesting. First off all you don't know what GPU sits in that box they didn't reveal anything on this front. Second of all you don't know the clocks of it. So you also don't know what that thing is going ot push.

Also that box is far away from being released and PC tech is advancing in a rabit level then ever. A 1080 will be entry level performance the moment those consoles are out. And that's even IF it hits that performance.

Sorry mate, they could give me a PS5 for free i would still not use it.

U can keep up with your trolling about make a 500 shitty box so i got something to talk about that makes no sense.

Why are you not going to make a 600 buck console right now that does 1440p and 100+fps or does raytracing or plays wow vanilla or zelda breath of the wild at 4k.

I will be waiting on your console build.

You make zero sense dude, u are shitting this thread up with your garbage console warrior shit.

Nobody here gives a shit about your console not even once. It's entry level products with a few exclusives and that's it.

I don't even consider controllers controlled games and 30 fps playable.
So you what they call PC warrior who himself has no clue what he posted.
Listen, i also know pc gaming, but i switched due to ridiculous pricing practice by greedy companies Nvidia and Intel who sell same rebranded hardware at huge profit margin.

And im not talking about current consoles. Yeah right now 30 fps mostly you will get with 5400rpm drives but next consoles will bring 60fps gaming with SSD and it will match your overpriced PC.

First, at the long term the cost of pc and console even out because as i said on my first post, games are way more expensive on console plus you need to pay for online on consoles.

Second, it is still not confirmed all triple A games will run at 4k/60 FPS, in fact i bet most of them will be locked at 30 FPS in order to reach the 4k resolution and there is nothing you can do about it. On PC you can adjust the settings to have 60 FPS if you wish.

And 90% of PC players dont care about mods and backward compatibility, where did you get these numbers from? care to post a source? if you cant than this is merely your opnion.

Finally, why do you come to a review thread of the RTX Super cards to say how consoles are way superior to PC? If you want to have this discussion create a new thread about it, dont derail a thread where people are talking about the new GPUs.

My source is you. Give me your steam id and i will check how many old games you playing on pc actively and how many games with mods you playing.

Mods are popular but audience isn't as huge as you imagining.

xPikYx

I think I stopped playing on console after the xbox360/Ps3 duo, the PS4/Xone duo completely waste of money. I would feel more wasted 500£ to buy an Xbox one X than 800£ for a RTX 2080

Last edited:

Ivellios

My source is you. Give me your steam id and i will check how many old games you playing on pc actively and how many games with mods you playing.

Mods are popular but audience isn't as huge as you imagining.

What kind of source is that? You cant say 90% of PC gamers dont use mods or play older games based on my steam profile. This makes no sense.

Either post an valid article from a reputable source with this information, otherwise this is only your opnion as i said earlier.

The only thing im playing on my ancient Geforce 650ti is PS2 older RPGs. As i said im a console player but will build my gaming PC on Black Friday.

Zannegan

Everyone owns tv to watch cable nd all but not everyone owns monitor. Plus 4k tv are cheaper than 4k monitor.

You can easily get live for cheap from 3rd party retailers. I never paid 60 for live. Even if u count it then 60$ a year is cheaper than spending 1000$ on PC.

500$
60$ per year

560 total.

TV i bought years before i bought console for family to watch cable tv. Console gaming was not even in my mind, so it can't be included. Sorry

But 4k gaming monitor you buy specifically to play games on your new pc games powered by your 1000$'PC.
That's some, ahem, creative accounting. But let's play it your way.

You do know you can hook a PC up to your TV right? In fact many do. As we already said, PCs are multifunctional, so many people use them as their media-centers. Hook your PC up to a 4K TV and, voila, you're back to comparing the two on even ground.

What's more, if components you had before thinking about gaming like your TV "can't be included," then you should subtract the cost of a normal PC and only count the cost to upgrade. Using your own logic (and counting live for the entire generation instead of only one year, lol) PC gaming becomes the cheaper option by a significant margin.

I guess that means console gaming is "only for the rich."

I once made a thread about the cost of console ownership that I experienced over the years during the 360/PS3 era. I spent so much money on consoles, games, controllers, live etc.
let me see if I can find it.

Couldn't find the Console vs PC spreadsheet I had but here is a breakdown of my current systems. I tend to have good hookups for Storage. It looks expensive but some of that has been built over the past 7+ years and is still usable to a good degree. Family gaming is expensive but would be more expensive console gaming like I had proved to be our case a few years back.

Last edited:

Ivellios

Well i have question,

In my country there are some extremely cheap RTX 2070, cheaper even than the RTX 2060S at the moment. The card in question is a RTX 2070 Galax EX OC.

Are they worth buying or is it better to wait for a discount on the RTX 2060S, since they are newer and all that.

The reason im asking is because i remember reading a long time ago how some of the launch RTX cards just died all of a sudden.

Goff2k

I'm waiting on that 2080 super. If the reviews are nice I'm going to buy it since I'm so rich and not some poor console owner. Oh wait I own those to.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I'm waiting on that 2080 super. If the reviews are nice I'm going to buy it since I'm so rich and not some poor console dog whose just jealous and who also can't seem to comprehend that this is a thread about the new GPU's.
you can also try saying that in a non dick way next time.
some people here enjoy both.

stealth edit too bad,
also why are you only getting the 2080 super are you a poor pc dog or something?

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Would the jump from a 960 to a 2070 super be real? I was thinking of either the 2060 or the 2070 before, but after seeing a lot, I've decided to try the 2070 super. Guess I just gotta wait for it to come in stock or whatever.
nr 1 most used gpu on steam is 1060

going from a 960 to basically a 2080 is enormous

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Would the jump from a 960 to a 2070 super be real? I was thinking of either the 2060 or the 2070 before, but after seeing a lot, I've decided to try the 2070 super. Guess I just gotta wait for it to come in stock or whatever.
No doubt, man. I'm planning on upgrading from a 1060 and RX 480 to a 2060S or 5700 series card and that's enough of a jump for me. Looks like around twice the perf at 1440p in my favorite game this gen...

The 960 is at 27fps and you'd be jumping up to the 2070S with 102fps. ~4x the frame rate.

P.S.- TW3 is a good game to look at because it comes very close to representing the average performance difference between cards across all benchmarks.

Last edited:

Goff2k

you can also try saying that in a non dick way next time.
some people here enjoy both.

stealth edit too bad,
also why are you only getting the 2080 super are you a poor pc dog or something?

Nah I said if the reviews are nice then I will get it. Also you can't put poor and PC on the same sentence.

Yes I came off harsh so this rich dog edited it.

Last edited:

Goff2k

Awesome jump! I've seen people jumping from the 700 series. It's a nice feeling when you don't have to mess with the settings to run things smoothly.

Kenpachii

Huge, u will jump up in games that barely run at 15 fps on high towards ultra 60 fps at higher resolutions. It's night and day 2070 super is basically specially if you oc it a 1080 ti.

Top Bottom