• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA: PS4 GPU 3x less powerful than Titan, but more powerful than Xbox 720

gembel

old?

http://www.4gamer.net/games/209/G020984/20130330001/ (Japanese article)

003.jpg

pixlexic

Banned
I thought we have got past the notion that a game on a console and game on a pc run at the same performance ratio.

you will get a lot more performance out of a console with the same hardware any day of the week.

These comparisons are silly.

Durante

Oh god, here we go again.

Let me pre-cap the thread:
- salty
- console optimization
- to the metal
- carmack
- overhead
- $3000 PCs

Did I miss anything?

I thought we have got past the notion that a game on a console and game on a pc run at the same performance ratio.

you will get a lot more performance out of a console with the same hardware any day of the week.

These comparisons are silly.

I think you forgot to add "do not".

big_z

- salty
- console optimization
- to the metal
- carmack
- overhead
- $3000 PCs

Did I miss anything?

8GB GDDR5. the most important thing for console hardware according to Sony fans.

ghst

thanks for the laugh

- salty
- console optimization
- to the metal
- carmack
- overhead
- $3000 PCs

Did I miss anything?

yeah. it begins with 8, ends with everyone wanting to kill themselves.

onQ123

They have that Xbox 720 alot lower than the PS4 but are they going by the rumors are do they know something?

004.jpg

Striek

How would NVIDIA know the exact specs of the 720?

Looks like they just used the 1.23 TFLOP figure going by the slide.

But really this is some "no shit" level stuff.

Titan is 999 United States Dollars.

PS4 will be like 399 with cpu, ram, mobo, case, controller etc.

One would hope Titan would be more powerful.

But you know what I love about consoles now that I'm not 15 and have all the time in the world to troubleshoot shit? Just popping that fucker in and playing it. No modifying .dll's, no driver updates, no nothing. I got stupid grown up shit to do, so I want to do my childish hobby as fast and easy as possible.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
The rumours poi t to the ps4 being 1.5 times more powerful. Nothing new then, other than it is nvidia stating it this time round.

SSM25

Not this shit again, we know and there is no need for weekly reminder. Focus the talk on those amazing cards without trashing consoles.

At $1000, it damn well better be!

I'll probably upgrade my current gpu like 3+ years down the line once all the home consoles have all settled a bit, get a better scale to price performance for similar GPU tech for far less while the ultra enthusiasts can always go hard with the latest and greatest.

smurfx

get some go again
just checked and titans are going for 1,000+? you will probably be be able to buy both a 720 and ps4 for what it costs now. you would hope its at least 3x more powerful.

R3TRODYCE

I like Nvidia too much to say something bad, but how would they know? But I understand that Gpus aren't going to sell themselves so promo is promo.

derExperte

But you know what I love about consoles now that I'm not 15 and have all the time in the world to troubleshoot shit? Just popping that fucker in and playing it. No modifying .dll's, no driver updates, no nothing. I got stupid grown up shit to do, so I want to do my childish hobby as fast and easy as possible.

Thread is doing great and hitting all the bullet points while still on the first page.

You know what's nice about PC. Any system updates are automatically installed in the background or while I sleep. To play a game, I just click on the executable. If I want a higher framerate, I can choose to turn off effects.

stryke

Hmm, looks like PS3 is 1.5-2x more powerful than 720, if the one above PS3 is 3x.

Edit: For some reason I forgot AMD made the chips in the 720, not Nvidia. How would Nvidia know?

Typo aside, you need to learn how to read graphs...

Or you could be trolling and in that case well done

Kukuk

Banned
These comments from Nvidia would come off a lot less bitter sounding if they were providing hardware for one of the big three. At least then it would just seem like they are just saying "the console we're backing is better than the console they're backing."

Top Bottom