• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA RTX Mobility Graphics Cards Lineup Leaked.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidia-rtx-mobility-graphics-cards-lineup-leaked/

Update: Our source has just informed us that the entire RTX mobility lineup will be released around CES along with the 2080 Max-Q following a bit later so we will not be seeing the mainstream parts mentioned in this article releasing in November.

So we have just received details confirming that NVIDIA will be rolling out its RTX mobility lineup soon. The last time we heard from our source, they confirmed the existence of the RTX 2080 Max-Q mobility part and the likelihood that it will be the first part to launch (more on this later). Now, however, we have what appears to be the complete parts list for the RTX series.

Our sources tell us that they are expecting availability for the same parts to be in Q1 of next year as opposed to anytime soon. They have, however, confirmation of the complete lineup of NVIDIA’s mobility GPUs. Fortunately, this is one of those times where we’re allowed to publish a screenshot of the documentation we got, with some things scrubbed.

The lineup will be as follows:
  • NVIDIA RTX 2070 Mobility
  • NVIDIA RTX 2070 MAX-Q Mobility
  • NVIDIA RTX 2060 Ti Mobility
  • NVIDIA RTX 2060 Mobility
  • NVIDIA RTX 2050 Ti Mobility
  • NVIDIA RTX 2050 Mobility
NVIDIA-RTX-Mobility-Series-2070-Max-Q-2070-2060-Ti-2060-2050-Ti-2050.jpg

llien

Given how overpriced current Pascal line is, I imagine what these will cost.

Funny that word "mobility" returned to non-mobile GPUs.

DESTROYA

It’s about time!
I’ve been looking to upgrade my laptop for a while so these new GPU’s are what I was waiting for, hopefully they are worth the wait.

LordRaptor

Personally, I'd be quite interested in low power draw passively cooled desktop GPUs that still pack a punch, but nobody seems to care about that market anymore

Given how overpriced current Pascal line is, I imagine what these will cost.

Funny that word "mobility" returned to non-mobile GPUs.

I mean... laptops are still 'mobile' (as in portable) devices.

lukilladog

The most interesting news from all this is that the 2050 and 2060 will feature RTX

"Now admittedly, our source did not explicitly name all of these as the RTX series so its possible the lower tier GPUs are still branded GTX because below the 2070 the “RTX” portion of NVIDIAs graphics doesn’t really make sense"

Woffls

Yeah I really doubt they will brand anything under 2070 as an RTX card... if only so that they can flog the more expensive cards to people. It would be nice to see the GTX 2060 as a good value card...

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
So that means RTX 2060's/2050's are going to be a thing or will they only put those in mobile parts and the desktops get regular ''GTX'' 2050/2060's?

EDIT: Ay, they dont mention it being ''RTX'' specifically, just ''2050/2060''.

Yeah, but as far as I'm aware, mobile GPUs have become "max-Q" and what we got in most notebooks was somewhat downclocked desktop GPUs.

Essentially when you are buying a powerful notebook in a very thin enclosure, throttling and/or high temps are a sure thing, that makes the hardware not run to its full potential. It is something a lot of reviewers sleep on, as well as something that worsens over the lifespan of the product as dust and wear and tear will further increase temps.

An inch more thickness to many of these devices would yield so much better performance, battery life, keyboard and temperature. I just don't understand the obsession with so thin. I understand the need for mobility, a low weight and a manageable footprint that makes it mobile. But the thickness- Shaving of millimeters to essentially handicap the product is unfortunately just the path that most major brands are on right now.

Top Bottom