• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX SUPER lineup will decimate AMD Navi

longdi

Banned

Wow raytraced hype if true
New 2080ti super core
2080ti becomes 8gb 2080 Super
And so forth, down the product stack, same pricing
Not sure to get Super or wait next year 7nm....

longdi

Banned
I guess finally can upgrade from 5960x+1080ti to 3950x+2080tis. Too bad Nvidia doesn't do pcie4.0 yet. Should last me past ps5. :)

Ivellios

The wait continues...

Feels like there is never a right time to buy new GPUs.... there is always a new product or price reduction coming.

If vanilla RTX cards lower their prices, will the GTX cards like 1660 ti lower prices as well?

Armorian

Banned
Looks bullshit to me, so they move all cards on step, drop price on all of them and create ENTIRE new chip for 2080ti(T)S?

Last edited:
Are NVIDIA fanboys not demanding a partial reimbursement for this shit they're pulling? It hasn't even been a year. I would be upset but then again I got my 2080 ti for about 250$ brand new so I'm not that pissed about it.

Gamezone

Gold Member
There are rumours that vanilla RTX cards will have a price reduction, so maybe wait for the announcement might be a good ideia

Do you know how long we might wait for that? I was planning to pick up Metro Exodus trough Game Pass on PC and try it with ray tracing :)

sendit

Do you know how long we might wait for that? I was planning to pick up Metro Exodus trough Game Pass on PC and try it with ray tracing :)

The EVGA Step-Up program helps you have the peace of mind to purchase your favorite product now, knowing you can upgrade to the latest parts that come out within the first 90 days from your purchase. In the computer hardware world, 90 days is a lifetime! With a valid part, once per purchase, you can upgrade your EVGA product by paying the difference between what you paid and the price on EVGA's website. It's really that simple!

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Just FUCK YOU, Nvidia! I'm good with my 1080Ti and won't be buying any of your overpriced POS with RTX.
There's absolutely no reason for me to upgrade to current or refresh RTX cards. I'll be getting 7nm refresh cards if I can buy **80 for $480-500 brand new and if performance will be better that with 2080Ti refresh.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Just FUCK YOU, Nvidia! I'm good with my 1080Ti and won't be buying any of your overpriced POS with RTX.
There's absolutely no reason for me to upgrade to current or refresh RTX cards. I'll be getting 7nm refresh cards if I can buy **80 for $480-500 brand new and if performance will be better that with 2080Ti refresh.
I guess you didnt try quake RT.

Nydus

Gold Member
I don't really get it.
How should the 2080 super achieve 2080Ti levels with just ~3070 cuda cores. The original Ti has a thousand more. The increase in clockspeed to compensate for that would need to be absolutely insane.

And frankly I'm not interested till those things hit the used market.

I got a 2080Ti for 860€ used and even that was hard to convince myself for. But it's a great card for everything 1440p with above 100 frames for monitor gaming and 4k60 Fps for couch gaming. But to use the power of the new Ti I would first need an OLED with above 60hz and vrr (not happening. I just payed my b7 off and Im really happy with it. Furthermore is 60fps for couch gaming really fine for me, just on the monitor I enjoy more Fps/hz) and games that can push the 2080Ti to struggle at 4k60. And that ain't happening soon.

I'll skip the super lineup and wait for a real next gen.

Last edited:

Wow raytraced hype if true
New 2080ti super core
2080ti becomes 8gb 2080 Super
And so forth, down the product stack, same pricing
Not sure to get Super or wait next year 7nm....

Hahaha a wccftech article. :messenger_tears_of_joy: You might as well have gotten your facts by waking up one morning and a fairy whispered it in your ear.

pawel86ck

Banned
RTX is extremeley interesting technology, but as always with technology like that next architecture will offer much better performance. Personally I will be not surprised if Nv will double RT performance on their 3080 series. Also it's never a good idea to buy new GPU just before new consoles launch. According to photos xbox scarlett will use 24GB RAM and games made for that console will use well over 11 GB VRAM for sure, so current GPU's may have some serious troubles then.

Myths

The wait continues...

Feels like there is never a right time to buy new GPUs.... there is always a new product or price reduction coming.

If vanilla RTX cards lower their prices, will the GTX cards like 1660 ti lower prices as well?
Grrrrr I just picked up 2080ti, pretty damn annoying. If none of them are more powerful than 2080ti but instead an economic release then I’m satisfied.

I mean I’m satisfied either way...

Last edited:

Ovek

7Member7
Grrrrr I just picked up 2080ti, pretty damn annoying. If this new set isn’t more powerful (but rather an economic one) then no complaints.

Oh it will be more powerful the question is just by how much. Nvidia probably aren't going to really touch the 2080ti giving it some minor core and memory overclocks to the reference design and will focus on the 2070 giving it just enough grunt to beat Navi by 10-15% whilst simultaneously dropping the price and undercutting AMD. They might go whole hog and try and make RT usable on the 2070 because it sure as shit ins't at the moment and with Cyberpunk using it on release it will be a massive body blow to AMD marketing.

llien

So, wccwemakethingsup posts some rumor with zero technical insights.

What we know is that nVidia was planned to refresh cards with newer RAM, and, perhaps, mildly higher clocks.
Given that NV GPUs aren't even mem bandwidth starved to begin with, exactly what kind of performance boost do you expect, dear "decimate camp"?

5-10%?

5700 will still beat 2060.
5700XT will still be on par with 2070.
Vega VII ain't a mass product anyhow.
570 will continue to beat 1650 and decimate 1050/1050Ti.

This kind of crazy titles is why some folks expected Switch to beat PS4 (and maybe Pro). Because, you know, it's nvidia and we have read so many orgasmic PR titles about it, chuckle.

Get back to planet earth.

thelastword

Banned
So RTX super is going to decimate AMD/NAVI...…..And all these people with 2080ti's, which I assume is the majority of NV fans everywhere, have no issues buying new RTX cards for another large sum of money for 4 RT games and a demo.....Hey! If RTX Super actually decimates Navi, it means it would decimate it's 9 month old Turing cards that it has been trying to sell you in the corner of a dark alley "in the RE4 merchants voice".....AT A HIGHHHHH PRICE....

Kenpachii

Why do you think they release a new 2000 series line, nobody bought them.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Hmm grab 2080 for 'cheap' or 2070 Ti SUPER/2080 SUPER?

The cheap 2080 will be even cheaper when the Super drops.....question is how much performance are you looking for.

A 2070 after the Supers drop is gonna be the hot cake of the gen
The 2070 was already impressive....with the price drop looking elsewhere(cept maybe a 2060) would be for those hunting absolute peak performance.

The 2080Ti Super still doesnt beat the RTX Titan though right?
And leaks dont mention a Super Titan anywhere.

Ascend

52a6b8d1b953301293dbbc080897ea02.jpg

Top Bottom