• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one may be a fake sure but people are quickly dismissing the reports that there are no buttons ;)

Because the reports only had credibility due to the images as an "independent source". If the reports had credibility on their own merit, we would've heard the rumor before the images popped up. Plenty of fake rumors and fake sources are sent through the internet all the time. Hell, the same "leaker" who faked it could be the source for GI for all we know

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Rösti;199153884 said:
Alright, here goes. Due to our three letter friend, there appears to have been some slight miscommunication (misinterpretation on my part). I believe we all should be able to sleep soundly in our beds tonight and instead of reveling in the absurdity of these recent events instead look forward to E3 and Nintendo's FY 15 Financial Results (Briefing) on April 27/28. I am glad that the true nature of these images have been brought forth, albeit a bit sad that they were created in the first place. Sorry for my initial comments, but I like to underline that I have not confirmed nor denied the validity of anything, or at least I have had no intention to do so.

So the damage control through ninjas worked.
/jk thanks for this

Mokujin

This one may be a fake sure but people are quickly dismissing the reports that there are no buttons ;)

The button thing continues to be debatable, but in regards to the "reports", it's really just the game informer guy saying he "heard" that it didn't, we'll continue not to know for sure.

Maniel

Banned
Because the reports only had credibility due to the images as an "independent source". If the reports had credibility on their own merit, we would've heard the rumor before the images popped up. Plenty of fake rumors and fake sources are sent through the internet all the time. Hell, the same "leaker" who faked it could be the source for GI for all we know
Ok this actually calmed me down a little bit. Thanks lol

ZombAid82

Oh BTW:
]Idriss2Dev 1 Punkt vor 3 Minuten
lol sorry ...
no I did not black controller, he resumed my model (Bravú) and made it a better fake ^

Lol, awesome Fake indeed kudos to idriss and bravú!
Now I'm #teamfake

Wait really?

Yep, I think it was actually Retro that convinced them to make the Nunchuck? But pictures of the Wii Remote without a speaker are in this very thread. Weather they did that on purpose to keep that feature a secret, or it was actually something they didn't think to add until the 11th hour, I don't know. But there was originally no speaker or nunchuck and I'm like 90% sure there were also no (or at least fewer) buttons.

QaaQer

Does that image being fake change this?

Because, more than the shape, this is the most troubling aspect of this entire situation.

No, but the buttons could be elsewhere. If they are using Sharp screens, they will want to minimize the number of screen holes. A controller with buttons on the back/sides could be cool.

Robiin

Everyone on GAF is insane. This thread is crazy. Glad it's over for the time being.

I pray for everyone's sanity that the NX controller has buttons.

The greatest fake leak ride ever.

But what's the consensus on the black units?

pkfWmFK.jpg
GB8lTkz.jpg
YsGkiV7.jpg

Those suckers look so real I have trouble believing they're simply photoshopped in like the white controller. Is #Team3DPrinted now the consensus?

Our "source" who faked the white controller talks about the black controller "leaks":
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4avdcg/codename_nx/d1chdzl

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

Those suckers look so real I have trouble believing they're simply photoshopped in like the white controller. Is #Team3DPrinted now the consensus?

Original faker said some guy took the model for the fake and 3D printed the fucker.

ZOONAMI

See the last several posts before your post lol

Original faker said some guy took the model for the fake and 3D printed the fucker.

BOOOOOOOM VINDICATIOOOONNNNNNN

Everyone that shit on me for suggesting it could be a 3D print can suck it!! It all turned out exactly how I speculated, with the exception of the white one actually being a render and not also a 3D print.

Doctre81

I think I am rolling with #teamreal until we see the final product. Something sneaky is going on here.

Or until I see a video about how the black one was done at the very least.

I'll never forget the good times in this thread. The tree, the moon landing, the dev from the future, the amazing gifs and images. All too good for this world.
Care to summarise the best/most important posts? I couldn't keep up with the thread so only saw as far as the tree.

Just the page numbers where these important events happened would be enough?

Please? :)

Damn guys, I just can't believe that the black units are straight-up photoshopped in. Those are some amazing fakes. Especially this one:

How do you fake something that well using only software? I was positive it was either real, 3D printed, or hacked together from some other random product.

Damn guys, I just can't believe that the black units are straight-up photoshopped in. Those are some amazing fakes. Especially this one:

How do you fake something that well using only software? I was positive it was either real, 3D printed, or hacked together from some other random product.

Dude, that question's been answered for the last few pages, second one was literally 3D printed from the first model.

Caffeine

in this world everything is cg

What about Andy from GI and his tweet along with this post?!

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199016198&postcount=1244

partial /sarcasm

It means someone fed him a rumor that sounded similar recently. Guys like him probably get a ton of rumors, and besides which it's entirely possible the same person/people behind this fake sent him a fake rumor a bit earlier so that they could get an "independent" verification.

Again, if the stuff GI heard was believable enough without the images to back it up, why had he not shared it already?

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I don't care I'm keeping my label as a badge of honor until the actual thing is revealed.

Vena

Does that image being fake change this?

Because, more than the shape, this is the most troubling aspect of this entire situation.

Hm.

Somebody "confirmed" the last set of pictures to me. I didn't believe or disbelieve, I just figured I'd wait for more information.

This might qualify as more information.

It honestly feels like someone is feeding insiders/community connection people with hot bullshit information.

What if Nintendo leaked this. What if this was the plan all along... and only told a few people about the design being "real"... and now, now... they are all de

Nanashrew

Banned
Dude, that question's been answered for the last few pages, second one was literally 3D printed from the first model.

Where are you sourcing that? All I'm seeing is this post from Idriss2Dev:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4avdcg/codename_nx/d1chdzl

He just says someone else took it and "made it a better fake." Nothing about 3D printing. I took that to mean it was still faked only using software. Do we have actual confirmation the black units were 3D printed?

EDIT: Well NOW he made another post.

L Thammy

It honestly feels like someone is feeding insiders/community connection people with hot bullshit information.

What if Nintendo leaked this. What if this was the plan all along... and only told a few people about the design being "real"... and now, now... they are all de

Nintendo's never been big on CG though

Lol nah you take that L too.. Tried to clown me and whoever else take that one EL

I'm glad you keep me in your memory, so I looked back at whatever post I sent to you and this was what youre referring to

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199069150&postcount=6626

I didn't say anything about it being fake or real.

In fact, I even said i "Wouldn't be surprised if fake" a couple minutes later

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199070726&postcount=6688

I am still on the fence, honestly (including the other fake from the AMA). Depending on what ShockingAlberto is talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom