• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the second fake doesn't look like a 3D model. Someone built a fake fake NX controller? lol

3dtOFSe.jpg

They must have been laughing their ass off.

notaskwid

Now the next step is to create a CGI Reggie revealing the NX during a fake direct.

Come on, fakers, show me what you got.

hgmO_f25.jpg

Every night I feel the A button, the B, the X, the Y, even the C stick... It won't stop hurting... It's like they're still there. I'm gonna take back what's ours.

It's like waking up from a nightmare.

Now I'm still worried about the guy from GI saying he heard NX wouldn't have face buttons.

All in all, my hype for NX has decreased a little. I was cautiously optimistic, now I'm cautiously on the fence. Next step, cautiously pessimistic.

Honestly that guy could just be remembering something he heard from someone else who saw the patent and mentioned the lack of buttons.

BAM "I heard that..." explained

hgmO_f25.jpg

Every night I feel the A button, the B, the X, the Y, even the C stick... It won't stop hurting... It's like they're still there. I'm gonna take back what's ours.

people were literally zooming on his teeth and saying they were clipping.

The NX shit was child's play compared to MGS carnivals of stupid

Well, we still don't know that for sure, do we? we only know that first image was a fake.

And the second is too. No way in hell is the second the real deal.^^

But now I can't wait what Nintendo has to offer. Every "insider" looks stupid now and all we know is, that nobody knows anything. Wow, Nintendos NDA this time is really strict and seems to work.

Dascu

Stellar fake, had me fooled. I do expect something similar for the final product though. It just seems like a very Nintendo-like controller, together with all the various patents pointing in that direction.

Honestly that guy could just be remembering something he heard from someone else who saw the patent and mentioned the lack of buttons.

BAM "I heard that..." explained

Or it simply proofes that he knows nothing, believed the fake pictures were real and wanted to ride the wave too.

The fake achieved one goal: Every NX "insider" or guys "who knew someone" knows nothing about NX in reality.

Phoenixus

After the rayman smash4 fake I'm sceptical of any reveal that isn't official. Not that I'd have minded having a go with a design like that, am open to trying new control methods. :)

Trike

I Admit it. I take the L for shitting on Nintendo earlier in the thread. I don't mind eating the crow. But something has to be said about the fact that it was so easy to believe. Nintendo is fucking crazy, and after seeing their prototypes for the Wii that were considered but turned down:

6be27f03.jpg

It's hard to make out juuuuuust how fucking crazy they are.... I mean.. shit, they damn near considered a fucking round controller with a STAR button in the middle once upon a time... Is a buttonless monstrosity shaped like the ovals you filled in with #2 pencils during school tests really out of the question with these guys?

It's still good to hear though. I enjoyed MK8 and I really want one on their upcoming console, but it needs to be reasonable. I'm not buying crap.

Yeah, a lot of stuff was pitched as part of their blue ocean or whatever strategy. No one was really a fan of the star controller though. I'm sure Sony and Microsoft have their fair share of horrible prototypes that never have seen the light of day.

Taker666

It'll be funny if the real NX does look very similar.

It's certainly possible that their next handheld will have a freeform display and no face buttons.
There's nothing the fake did that Nintendo didn't patent.

kankki

Senior Project Lead, NX Hardware Design at Nintendo of Europe
Hah, no, thank you! This thread was the fucking best! :D

You can't believe how hard I laughed at the tree speculation :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom