• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] Dirt 5 | The Next Gen 2.0 Patch Technical Analysis - PS5 | SX | SS

Riky

$MSFT
Riky Riky is the only person on GAF that does not understand what an average is and likes to screenshot any dip in his favour and ignor dips that are against his fixed position. But dont forget, Riky has a VRR TV, didnt you know ? Yes its comical.

Back on topic, this game still has bugs whcih is why I watched it.

You don't understand how a massive 30fps tank in framerate is going to judder and stutter obviously, the Xbox will smooth out the smaller drops with VRR giving the user a much better experience.

Riky Riky is the only person on GAF that does not understand what an average is and likes to screenshot any dip in his favour and ignor dips that are against his fixed position. But dont forget, Riky has a VRR TV, didnt you know ? Yes its comical.

Back on topic, this game still has bugs which is why I watched it, will buy when its fixed.

Honestly, every fanboys are doing the same on each sides...

dcmk7

Banned
To be fair, he only does it if it’s something positive about PS5 though.
Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

As I said, watching videos like this is really good to see state of bugs and glitches, of which there seems to be quite a few still.

The console power war is over in my opinion, there is not much left to see except the bugs and current patch state of the game.

My message was not about why you watch the video, more about your Riky description.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Shout out to @NXGamer for the great content

Video is available up to 4k/60

Watching now...

Looks like XsX was improved in 120hz mode

MLcRw5n.png
Na2OSDS.png

(summarizing what I hear NX say)
- settings are much closer now but PS5 still has slightly better draw, AO, filtering, textures
- holds 120hz more often on both consoles, tears less in 120hz mode

FzRbV0z.png

- bug introduced on PS5 where ground looks burnt and game stutters at random points
- sharpening filter added on 120hz mode on XsX, introduces some shimmering in background details

6SZBh3Q.png

- generally slightly sharper image on XsX but better texture details on PS5 in 120hz mode
- quality mode (60fps) on PS5 still has slightly better texture filtering, texture quality and details, very close though, average higher resolution

c6eO0C5.png

edit:

Should add:

- he points out a few cases where VRS appears to be hurting shadow and texture detail in spots
- he shows a few spots where this new PS5 bug causes moments of judder that tank the framerate momentarily, then stabilize

sTmMVO.gif

oxman2k

i have dirt 5 on the xsx and ps5 the ps5 version looks better and has better controls with the haptic feedback,but there is a bug now after the patch that can cause big frame rate drops on the ps5.it's random sometimes a track will run fine next time frame rate drops same track weather etc.it seems to happen more on certain views bumper cam being one.when it does happen the frame rate can really tank looks like 40fps or lower same thing happened on xsx before patch nx gamer mentioned it in his other video and said it was a bug on the xsx.codemasters are aware of it and hopefully a fix will come soon.but this is now the second ps5 game that has worse performance after a patch we really need an option to remove and add patches on consoles if we want as long as it doesn't effect others in online multiplayer games.

Last edited:
Should add:

- he points out a few cases where VRS appears to be hurting shadow and texture detail in spots
- he shows a few spots where this new PS5 bug causes moments of judder that tank the framerate momentarily, then stabilize

This is something that I was eager to see more.
SeX having to resort to VRS to keep up with the performance, but in doing so ends with a visibly worse IQ.

How long will it take for the SeX to show it's theoretical advantage? They told is it was just a bug, but the bug was fixed and the SeX still under performs, even considering that now the PS5 version is a bit worse in some places.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
As I said, watching videos like this is really good to see state of bugs and glitches, of which there seems to be quite a few still.

The console power war is over in my opinion, there is not much left to see except the bugs and current patch state of the game.
how is the console power war over?

Last edited:

DJ12

Ps5 fanboys.still cheering for this mediocre game...
Nothing to play anymore?
Maybe it's xbox fans making two threads based on the patch notes saying claiming a power difference was wrong that did it.

Turns out the patch doesn't match the ps5 settings still and series x still performs worse apart from the one track ps5 has issues with.

Even with the stuttering bug ps5 still has a higher average framerate.

Reap what you sow I guess. Its clear what this thread is from the title, happy with your chosen platform then I suggest you ignore these threads from now on, you will rarely like the outcome.

geordiemp

how is the console power war over?

How is the power war still going except for a few die hards or Riky cherry picking the Ps5 dips and ignoring the XSX dips ?

Microsoft have changed their marketing to most powerful Xbox ever and its all died away in a quiet whimper.

Sony seem to not give 2 shits.

Even Richard of DF has not mentioned his loved terrafloppies in over a month ........

We have had our laughs, its boring now. See you again in 3 years for the mid gen refresh war.

Last edited:

molly14

Wish forza 8 and gt 7 were out then we could ignore this bug-ridden fest,that was obviously rushed out for launch

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Does anyone play this even or just using it to war?

I mean like who cares when its zoomed in 500% and moving at 120 fps?

Is it fun? Do you enjoy it?
I am playing this, it's a good game with tight controls. I choosed 60fps mode, because I like the sharpness. Even tho this comparison make it look like XSX is trash version, I am personally blown away, how good the game is in both visual and gameplay apartment. However I stilll vastly prefer onRush from same people. DIRT 5 feels like it has been slapped together in 6 months and that it gets really good over time. onRush is complete package.

Shmunter

I am playing this, it's a good game with tight controls. I choosed 60fps mode, because I like the sharpness. Even tho this comparison make it look like XSX is trash version, I am personally blown away, how good the game is in both visual and gameplay apartment. However I stilll vastly prefer onRush from same people. DIRT 5 feels like it has been slapped together in 6 months and that it gets really good over time. onRush is complete package.
Really? Onrush better? Maybe I should dust it off.

M1chl

Really? Onrush better? Maybe I should dust it off.
I really think so, it was overlooked as fuck, but it differentiate itself from other arcade races and I throroughly enjoy my time with it. And it's the same engine so it's relevant, I would go as far to say that onRush maybe is not that sharp but it's looking better due to variety of models, colors and shit like that.

DJ12

Magic lights, off but still reflecting. Ro-roh Codemasters.

Quality mode vastly inferior textures (Or poorly implemented VRS either way it's rubbish and needs to be fixed)

120 fps mode....

Oh dear, where to begin. Reflection lower res, textures simply awful, resolution lower. Not to mention the simply awful VRS artefacts throughout.

Shall I go one Riky? or you just going to hit me up with a triggered emoji and move on.

M1chl

Magic lights, off but still reflecting. Ro-roh Codemasters.

Quality mode vastly inferior textures (Or poorly implemented VRS either way it's rubbish and needs to be fixed)

120 fps mode....

Oh dear, where to begin. Reflection lower res, textures simply awful, resolution lower. Not to mention the simply awful VRS artefacts throughout.

Shall I go one Riky? or you just going to hit me up with a triggered emoji and move on.
I mean probably only Tier 1 VRS was considered, because Gears Tactic looks sometimes really blurry, however Gears 5 with VRS Tier 2 the quality of the image is great. But that's just a speculation.

dcmk7

Banned
Looking closer those screen comparisons are pretty shocking.

The textures for the rocks are ropey as hell.

drotahorror

Ps5 fanboys.still cheering for this mediocre game...
Nothing to play anymore?

Maybe I'm just uninformed but did the Series X have even 1 exclusive on day 1? PS5 had 3.

And for anyone that bought a PS5 and never had a PS4, good lord the amount of quality games is staggering. I'm sorry but at the moment, X just has XB1 games. Forza, Gears and Halo. And besides Forza Horizon 3 and 4, none of the other other titles are even close in terms of the whole package when it comes to most PS4 exclusives.

If you have a PC there is zero reason ever to own an Xbox as well. I found that out really quick the hard way.

PC/PS5/Switch masterrace

Wonder if Sony downplayed the CPU/GPU power of PS5? Both consoles are beastly. Can’t wait to see some ground up titles.
I dont see sony downplaying the cpu/gpu if there was anyone downplaying will be tech nerds consumers aka us as we wouldnt know how much custom parts was put into Sony's machine. Hell alot of us didnt think it would pull of this kinda thing 10tf ---> 12tf

dcmk7

Banned
Maybe I'm just uninformed but did the Series X have even 1 exclusive on day 1? PS5 had 3.

And for anyone that bought a PS5 and never had a PS4, good lord the amount of quality games is staggering. I'm sorry but at the moment, X just has XB1 games. Forza, Gears and Halo. And besides Forza Horizon 3 and 4, none of the other other titles are even close in terms of the whole package when it comes to most PS4 exclusives.

If you have a PC there is zero reason ever to own an Xbox as well. I found that out really quick the hard way.

PC/PS5/Switch masterrace

Don't even bother replying. They are just trying to justify their purchase.

If it makes them feel better that's fine.

Once you realise that, it explains why people ignore facts and cherry pick screenshots to suit their agenda.

drotahorror

Don't even bother replying. They are just trying to justify their purchase.

If it makes them feel better that's fine.

Once you realise that, it explains why people ignore facts and cherry pick screenshots to suit their agenda.

That's the thing, I don't see any reason I would need to justify my purchase personally.

For instance, if I did buy a Series X right now, instead of talking shit about another console, if I had to explain why I wanted an X right now, it's because it's a great emulation machine (with retroarch support). I think it's awesome that a console from a big company is able to play PS2 and gamecube games etc. That's almost enough of a reason to buy one honestly. And it'll have great exclusives in the future (for the console atleast). It looks like Doom will be exclusive to MS. Dishonored, PREY, Wolfenstein. All amazing IP's that are part of the Microsoft family.

Dirt5 isn't going to end a console war. The game is junk and I'm incredibly disappointed in it. I even made the OT for it here on GAF. It's nice to see they're working on it atleast.

DJ12

I mean probably only Tier 1 VRS was considered, because Gears Tactic looks sometimes really blurry, however Gears 5 with VRS Tier 2 the quality of the image is great. But that's just a speculation.
Unlikely, more likely vrs sucks ass at lower resolutions but looks far better at 4k as its harder to spot as the pixels it fudges with are far smaller

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
That vrs is shit. Imagine shouting from the rooftops about an iq destroying tech, Phil. Hopefully devs just need more time to get a handle on it.

It's the most disgusting feature being shouted from rooftop because of marketing 😅.imagine capping for a feature that makes the game look muddy and last gen
Yeah, I forgot about this.

Boy oh boy...the hits just keep coming. Whatever the PS5 is/isnt doing is having an overall better affect.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
That's simply the beginning for such technology with new AMD GPU, when you have a look on Gears 5, where VRS seems to be very well used, the result is very nice. I think it will simply be better used in the futur to have nice results. When you see how the game runs better now on series consoles with just one patch...
Series X and PS5 need time to really show their capabilities.

Lol so true

Anyway, I see that people are still using this game as proof of something. Yet forgetting that both GT sport and Forza horizon both look much better. The latter fucking destroys this rushed port at 60hz

So, maybe 3rd party games will be a wash and the exclusives will show what each console is capable of?

FranXico

That vrs is shit. Imagine shouting from the rooftops about an iq destroying tech, Phil. Hopefully devs just need more time to get a handle on it.

It's the most disgusting feature being shouted from rooftop because of marketing 😅.imagine capping for a feature that makes the game look muddy and last gen
It's just being overused at the moment. I believe it can be tweaked in detail, so devs just need to get used to it.
Long term, we'll see how it fares versus GE culling, which people claim has a learning curve as well.

dcmk7

Banned
Just wait until the NG version of Cyberpunk drops.

Shit is gonna get wild (especially if there is a clear advantage to either side).

It already got wild with Cyberpunk.

We had comparisons between the XsX enhanced backwards compatibility and effectively the PS4 Pro version with a better frame rate :messenger_tears_of_joy: .

Surely it can't be worse.

FranXico

Wonder if Sony downplayed the CPU/GPU power of PS5? Both consoles are beastly. Can’t wait to see some ground up titles.
They learned their lesson with the PS3. The only exception was the PS4 Pro, and they quickly reverted the "most powerful console" claim right before the One X was released.

They know very well how easily boasting about power can backfire.

Top Bottom