• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Gamer leaving YouTube behind

Over at NXGamers Twitter he has announced that he is uploading his final video.

It is with a great deal of sadness, that I feel my final scheduled video will be up this week, my top 10 games of 2017 may be the channels Swan Song, it has been a great few years, but my style and influence has not been enough to succeed on my individual style.

It's such a shame to see this channel go away. There have been a handful of my creators I subscribe to that have dropped off YouTube in the last few years, I'm sad to see such an active one follow suit.

For those who don't know his material, he delves into the tech aspect of video games and their graphical capabilities, think along the lines of Digital Foundry but a lot more in depth. See his channel over on YouTube.

There seems to have been some drama with a mod at another forum and some creators fatigue on his part that may have led to this decision. Please keep in mind that this thread wasn't created as place to pass judgement and hurl insults. I hope this shows NX Gamer that his stuff is watched and enjoyed by more than the vocal few and that it will be missed.

t_wilson01

It's such a shame to see him go. I liked his videos and thought he did a very good job analyzing graphical techniques.

Dante83

Banned
His analysis is very nice and well done, sometimes more enjoyable than digital foundry. He also showcases the games graphics and high points in a more charismatic way than digital foundry. I still love digital foundry, don't get me wrong, but I love seeing analysis in different perspectives.

I really enjoy his videos but I think it would behoove him to be more active with his community. I’ve never gotten a reply to any comment I left on numerous videos

Guys like AngryJoe can get away with ignoring the fans, but you gotta be truly huge to operate like that

cozomel

I really enjoy his videos but I think it would behoove him to be more active with his community. I’ve never gotten a reply to any comment I left on numerous videos

Guys like AngryJoe can get away with ignoring the fans, but you gotta be truly huge to operate like that

Meanwhile, I've always gotten a response back from him. Im sad to see him go, his work was great. Our lost!

taizuke

Love the guy and it's sad this had to happen.

Since apparently he's coming back i wonder if he could try a more friendly approach? Perhaps showing himself on videos? I think it may help him gain a bigger audience to see him and the footage he's talking about.

cormack12

Gold Member
Takes a lot of time and effort to produce this kind of analysis. The editing alone must take significant amounts of time. Might be hoping that maybe he gets an invite from DF. Can't imagine it's fun making those videos then wrathful fanboys descend tearing the work down.

I watch the occasional video that's posted here on GAF, but not much. When someone comes in and summarises that's enough for me rather than watching 20-30 minute videos. Probably even less relevant now that Xbox One X has put a bit of daylight between the consoles. Right now they are about to enter that era where the PS4/Xbox One comparisons died out because one box was clearly superior.

I think we're now seeing something much more interesting though - how the CPU's are still dragging down decent GPU's (no secret there), or the different approaches developers take to squeeze the best visuals out. And also we get to see which games are just clearly unoptimised because now PC performance can be weighed against the Xbox One X.

If anything I'd say he could differentiate his content by focusing less on the FPS stutters and drops and talk about the other techniques and effects applied for IQ. They're much more interesting than watching side by side FPS counters.

I have no opinion on his videos, but I always found the reaction to his videos to be... odd. Like if people had an allegiance to Digital Foundry or trying to discredit him because they disagreed that some game was as impressive as he says. Fanboy bullshit, really.
That said, he knew those kind of people jumped on a bandwagon and left this site. Why did he follow them? Stop trying to cater to the morons on the other site and I guarantee you'll have a better time doing this kind of work.

Over at NXGamers Twitter he has announced that he is uploading his final video.

It's such a shame to see this channel go away. There have been a handful of my creators I subscribe to that have dropped off YouTube in the last few years, I'm sad to see such an active one follow suit.

For those who don't know his material, he delves into the tech aspect of video games and their graphical capabilities, think along the lines of Digital Foundry but a lot more in depth. See his channel over on YouTube.

There seems to have been some drama with a mod at another forum and some creators fatigue on his part that may have led to this decision. Please keep in mind that this thread wasn't created as place to pass judgement and hurl insults. I hope this shows NX Gamer that his stuff is watched and enjoyed by more than the vocal few and that it will be missed.

This makes me sad. He does amazing work.

Sad to see him go. You could tell that he put a lot of effort into his videos, but his subscriber count just never took off.

thelastword

Banned
It's a shame Nxgamer was dog piled at the other site in that Witcher thread, it's the most awful display I've ever seen and I've seen some stuff I tell you. What makes it worse is that it was fuelled and propagated by a mod there as well. It was absolutely horrendous. That mod only showed what I always knew him to be, a poster even said that Nxgamer work is terrible and all the mod did was to imply that Nxgamer is too dumb or not tech savvy enough to make tech videos, when he had not watched Nxgamer's work in over a year.

I can't type much right now because I'm mobile, but I felt really bad for Nxgamer because he always tried his best and was it not for him, there's a lot we would not have known if DF was the only tech site in town. DF have made so many mistakes and at times appeared very biased and opinionated in tech pieces and many people are willing to give them byes. Now, not only did that other site allow a poster to insult Nxgamer when they knew he was in the thread, the mods insult was even worse on account of his authority and influence. It's OK to debate any issue, but if all someone uses or allows are insults to someone you don't agree with, then it only reflects said person's depravity and deep rooted issues.

I know Nxgamer is a cool guy and he said, that's not the reason he is leaving or taking a break, but it all adds up and any one with reasoning or analytical skills will decipher as much. That assault on Nxgamer at that other site was seriously stomach churning.

Hope Nxgamer gets over this because we need his great analyses, we need vgtech with their great stats and we need candy land with their visuals. Nxgamer have brought so much clarity to all these tech debates and it will be a shame to see him go because of Internet bullies and keyboard warriors who oppose great work because they have an axe to grind or where everyone don't attune to them as the Holy grail. I was one of his first subscribers I've done my part. Some people actively tried to dog pile him and suppress his expansion for a while now, whilst more mediocre work were lauded. It's really a shame he felt the need to hang his hat or take a break from the sum of their misgivings. It really would be uncharacteristic of me, if I said nothing on this at all. Shameful really.

Senua

Sad to see him go. You could tell that he put a lot of effort into his videos, but his subscriber count just never took off.

I think his editing was really bad at the start which didn't help, and his audio. almost blew an ear out on some of his videos with random spikes all over the shop. I hope he comes back though because the more channels like this the better.

Journey

Banned
It's a shame Nxgamer was dog piled at the other site in that Witcher thread, it's the most awful display I've ever seen and I've seen some stuff I tell you. What makes it worse is that it was fuelled and propagated by a mod there as well. It was absolutely horrendous. That mod only showed what I always knew him to be, a poster even said that Nxgamer work is terrible and all the mod did was to imply that Nxgamer is too dumb or not tech savvy enough to make tech videos, when he had not watched Nxgamer's work in over a year.

I can't type much right now because I'm mobile, but I felt really bad for Nxgamer because he always tried his best and was it not for him, there's a lot we would not have known if DF was the only tech site in town. DF have made so many mistakes and at times appeared very biased and opinionated in tech pieces and many people are willing to give them byes. Now, not only did that other site allow a poster to insult Nxgamer when they knew he was in the thread, the mods insult was even worse on account of his authority and influence. It's OK to debate any issue, but if all someone uses or allows are insults to someone you don't agree with, then it only reflects said person's depravity and deep rooted issues.

I know Nxgamer is a cool guy and he said, that's not the reason he is leaving or taking a break, but it all adds up and any one with reasoning or analytical skills will decipher as much. That assault on Nxgamer at that other site was seriously stomach churning.

Hope Nxgamer gets over this because we need his great analyses, we need vgtech with their great stats and we need candy land with their visuals. Nxgamer have brought so much clarity to all these tech debates and it will be a shame to see him go because of Internet bullies and keyboard warriors who oppose great work because they have an axe to grind or where everyone don't attune to them as the Holy grail. I was one of his first subscribers I've done my part. Some people actively tried to dog pile him and suppress his expansion for a while now, whilst more mediocre work were lauded. It's really a shame he felt the need to hang his hat or take a break from the sum of their misgivings. It really would be uncharacteristic of me, if I said nothing on this at all. Shameful really.

I saw that too, but I don't think him leaving is related to that, and if so, it would be a shame; he should not let a few opinions affect him this way.

Is it possible to find out exactly what happened between NXGamer and said mod? I'm assuming this is from that "other" forum *wink wink*???

DonF

NXGamer confirmed he is taking a break for other reasons:

https://www.*************/threads/n...-from-making-videos.12512/page-6#post-2465490

He also confirmed he will be back:

https://www.*************/threads/n...-from-making-videos.12512/page-7#post-2466306

This matter is now settled.

oh my, quite the show the put there.

He sounds (or reads?) super cool and focused on making his channel better. He is a creative person, so if his hard work doesnt pay off its frustrating. A break is the best he can do to reevaluate his channel.

Rellik

He'd be better staying off such toxic forums anyway. That place is more toxic than this place ever was, and that's saying something.

This is a damn shame as I've been a subscriber to his youtube channel and enjoyed his content for years. He seems like a good affable dude so hopefully he can tweak his video formula slightly to get the channel views which his technical knowledge and hard work deserve.

Top Bottom