• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

I'm guessing a mario game will be shown as well. Just showing Zelda, which everyone has seen already, is not the best way to wow people. But I could be wrong.

Zelda game just to see how the thing operates. Then 'join us next week for a series of looks at the NX software lineup'

Vinnk

I am going to buy some snacks and drinks for a 3-min video. lol

Well.. if it's any good we will all be watching it on repeat and then maybe frame by frame trying to guess specs. And posting about it. It might be a long day.

Hmm.. I need to get some snacks...

There is no way Nintendo can live up to the hype lol.

Unless the trailer is 3 minute of "please be excited for next Nintendo video game console reveal at E3!"

NateDrake

If Nintendo was concious of their unique idea be stolen, I would think they'd want a longer, more intimate forum to reveal the hardware and its draw. Not in some 3 minute preview with no context or demo to explain.

I think it'll just be games, just to remind people there are still games on the horizon, despite this fall season.

Picture this: A person sitting down playing Zelda on their TV, standing up and taking the NX with them and playing the game on the city bus. Then going home and detaching the controllers to play. They show the concept of NX right there in a simple video.

AmyS

How are Nintendo shares right now??? Skyrocketing like Rockstar?? :D

I can't find anything.

qq0XzxX.jpg

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/19/nint...mario-run-mobile-game-coming-in-december.html

Dunno anything about how to look up stocks.

egruntz

shelaughz
Please Nintendo don't fuck this up. The fanboy in me cannot handle another marketing failure.

NEW CONTROLLER!
NEW CONTROLLER!!
NEW CONTROLLER!!!

Just...please.

Do it right! I WANT TO SEE YOU SUCCEED SO BADLY.

Quonny

So we know Nintendo, we've seen the alleged specs and we know that they're not chasing hardware power. Are people really still going to make a scene about that? It's like, no shit? I dunno at this point you'd think everyone would not expect it to be more spec-heavy than other things. It's simply a done deal.
There is nothing wrong at being disappointed in the lack of power. People can express disappointment for something they're still excited for.

It depends on where it lands in the spectrum for me. I know it's not gonna be a powerhouse, but if they really low ball it for some gimmick I'll be disappointed.

Astral Dog

So we know Nintendo, we've seen the alleged specs and we know that they're not chasing hardware power. Are people really still going to make a scene about that? It's like, no shit? I dunno at this point you'd think everyone would not expect it to be more spec-heavy than other things. It's simply a done deal.

this thing is still going to be plently powerful for a Nintendo device, people will judge its value in time,

The 'Console Wars' are fought between the fans because fans are, well, dumb. The companies respect each other.

Maybe Nintendo isn't all that aggressive with competition. But both Sony and Microsoft are take shots at each other all the time while battling out for the most consoles sold/install base in the regions that matter. We all know Microsoft took shots at PS4's lack of 4k. And they're always batteling out for exclusives.

The competition helps drive innovation, but they're giant corporations that want to take each out at the end of the day.. At least corporate does. All corporations do. VG industry as a whole is pretty cut throat and fickle, and the higher dev costs for games coupled with the high risk high reward of trying to create a great game while trying to sell a couple million to just break even, is crazy.. /:

If Nintendo was concious of their unique idea be stolen, I would think they'd want a longer, more intimate forum to reveal the hardware and its draw. Not in some 3 minute preview with no context or demo to explain.

I think it'll just be games, just to remind people there are still games on the horizon, despite this fall season.
Just so everyone knows: "Canberra settings" was supposed to be "camera swings". Auto correct is the devil.

Type_Raver

If they decide to show off 4 games in development, what do you think or hope they will be?

These are my choices...

1/ Zelda BotW
2/ Mario
3/ Fzero
4/ Metroid

vareon

In 9 hours we'll see the machine that holds Nintendo's future.

That's one sleep cycle, for some people.
That's one day of work, for some.

GamerJM

Banned
There is nothing wrong at being disappointed in the lack of power. People can express disappointment for something they're still excited for.

It depends on where it lands in the spectrum for me. I know it's not gonna be a powerhouse, but if they really low ball it for some gimmick I'll be disappointed.

The "gimmick," is almost certainly that it's both a handheld and a console. It'll actually probably be kind of a beast considering that it's a Nintendo handheld.

Picture this: A person sitting down playing Zelda on their TV, standing up and taking the NX with them and playing the game on the city bus. Then going home and detaching the controllers to play. They show the concept of NX right there in a simple video.
Don't spoil the whole thing dammit :p

Cyph3rZA

Posting to be a part of history in the making. Good time too, 16:00 here in South Africa, will have my cup of tea ready and maybe some buttered bread with some cheese ready xD.

Let's go my Gaf family :-D

Neoxon

Laura tweets!

29 seconds ago
At least three devs are waiting for tomorrow's NX name reveal to announce NX software.

Laura Kate Dale ‏@LaurakBuzz 4m4 minutes ago
Eurogamer and Emily Rogers info is rock solid. Trust them on NX info too. They know what they're talking about.

This needs to be reposted by Max. Which three devs??
After this, I don't really have any doubt about Emily Rogers or Eurogamer.

NateDrake

Maybe Nintendo isn't all that aggressive with competition. But both Sony and Microsoft are take shots at each other all the time while battling out for the most consoles sold/install base in the regions that matter. We all know Microsoft took shots at PS4's lack of 4k. And they're always batteling out for exclusives.

The competition helps drive innovation, but they're giant corporations that want to take each out at the end of the day.. At least corporate does. All corporations do. VG industry as a whole is pretty cut throat and fickle, and the higher dev costs for games coupled with the high risk high reward of trying to create a great game while trying to sell a couple million to just break even, is crazy.. /:

They all push each other to innovate, but they respect each other. Phil S isn't hostile with Yoshida or anything. Business is business.

Don't spoil the whole thing dammit :p
lol If it plays out that way I apologize.

Well.. if it's any good we will all be watching it on repeat and then maybe frame by frame trying to guess specs. And posting about it. It might be a long day.

Hmm.. I need to get some snacks...

Ha! I will definitely do something like that. I am also going to read the inevitable 10+ threads about NX and watching people in tears of joy / disappointment.

neptunes

The "gimmick," is almost certainly that it's both a handheld and a console. It'll actually probably be kind of a beast considering that it's a Nintendo handheld.
That's it? That's the secret they were trying to hide? Hmm I'd like to think Nintendo has more than that. That doesn't seem innovative enough to be the sole draw.

Quonny

Gimmick was the wrong word. I mean, if they put some kind of unique screen or feedback system that is proprietary that eats up a good chunk of the budget and they sacrifice on power that will be disappointing.

Piichan

Banned
Took Nintendo long enough. Holy shit.

The long wait has made it so that any hype I had originally is completely deflated. I guess having low expectations is good for this. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Right but we already know this, the specs are out there. There will be no surprise. If you're gonna be disappointed, you already should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom