• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1p1ex

Still weird, for all the 'it's not a direct successor to the Wii U' talk from Nintendo, that it sounds like a direct successor to the Wii U.

Greenzxy

beautiful-caves-32.jpg

What place is this?

Thanks for reminding me how badly Nintendo dug their own hole with the Wii U brand confusuon with this video.

"The new controller" "The new controller" "The new controller"

Reggie literally starts off saying "new Nintendo system" and "a system we will enjoy together". The mistake was in only showing the controller and not the console itself, which would have further cemented it was a new console

Memento

Wait, the image of a controller that everyone is quoting...

Is that it? Where are the buttons???

I didnt follow the whole hype train for NX so can someone with more knowledge tell me wtf is that?

antonz

I didnt follow the whole hype train for NX so can someone with more knowledge tell me wtf is that?

Its reportedly an image of an NX Devkit. It may not have all aspects of the devkit in the picture etc if real

MCN

Banned

I think that's just the screen/processing bit. There seem to be holes on the sides to attach controllers to.

Krowley

Probably a dev unit.

The NX is apparently a hybrid system.

The base unit is a tablet with detachable controller parts that join up to each side.

The tablet can be attached to a base that lets you play on the tv while holding the detached controllers in a Nun-Chuck wiimote configuration.

This (if it's real) is just the tablet part. And a dev unit, so it won't look much like the real thing.

Went to sleep, only thread open was the NX speculation. Saw it locked, thought "what have they done now....". Go to main page. This thread.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

It's hilarious to see that people panic and scream "WHERE ARE THE BUTTONS?!" when we should already know that this thing is supposed to have detachable controller parts. See those indentations on the side? These three little holes? I let you figure out the rest.

It's in 8 hours. Right when I need to go somewhere.

Meh. After the Wii, 3DS and Wii U, Nintendo better be sitting on something absolutely amazing to get me to care. I'm more interested in the games they'll announce, which will likely not be shown there anyway.

tr1p1ex

Wonder if it will have rewritable carts? The Famicom unboxing that Nintendo did the other day struck me as foreshadowing.

What I saw was a system that had 2 controllers, one on either side, and sat on some dock and accepted rewritable carts and then there was a pic that showed the disk writer machine that only existed in Japan. IT sold carts to customers. Sorta like a Redbox machine except the machine wrote the data to the cart after the customer bought it or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom