• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCH!

I seriously doubt they are going to show anything more than the concept. Maybe we won't even get to see the actual device itself. But you know what? I don't care! It's something!

LQX

Being 3 minutes long I'm not expecting much from Nintendo. 1.5 minutes of that trailer will most likely be Miyamoto introducing it, followed by a full 30 seconds of whatever new logo they cooked up leaving less than a minute to show it off.

And I wonder why it is a "preview". I bet they are anticipating a real leak this time and wanted to get ahead of it.

It's only three minutes Go to the bathroom and watch it on your phone.

Haha, good idea.

Being 3 minutes long I'm not expecting much from Nintendo. 1.5 minutes of that trailer will most likely be Miyamoto introducing it, followed by a full 30 seconds of whatever new logo they cooked up leaving less than a minute to show it off.

And I wonder why it is a "preview". I bet they are anticipating a real leak this time and wanted to get ahead of it.

Nah, it's going to a be a a video of a girl using the NX in her hipster every day life.

dr_mario

Oh fck. Waking up I didnt expect this. Also didnt expect the hypetrain would hit me so full face on o_o I'm hyped as fucked. End of my university week at 4pm today, perfect start to the weekend. Oh fuck. Oh fuck.

I seriously doubt they are going to show anything more than the concept. Maybe we won't even get to see the actual device itself. But you know what? I don't care! It's something!

I hope it's not like the Scorpio trailer last E3.

I want to see the actual thing!

Da-Kid

That wouldn't make any sense this far down the line.

Jintor

I'm still a bit weirded out theyre not doing a live reveal - has historically anyone done a pure video reveal?

Natural evolution of the direct formula i suppose

MouldyK

It's only three minutes. Go to the bathroom and watch it on your phone.

6d7c6d5f36bd83531234814defa98d92eafcf1ae30e81b98671106ebfab3481d.jpg

Lucifon

Holy shit I did not expect to wake up to this. It's really happening isn't it!?

Hopefully we get a full reveal next week.

oti

Banned

My guess would be they are indeed telling some people what the NX actually is on Friday. It could be the first time the concept leaves they higher circle of Nintendo's management so they want to announce what they want to announce at this point and prevent leaks.

celebi23

Is there a page I can bookmark that'll have the video on it when it goes live? I might not be able to watch it at 10am. Would rather not be spoiled if possible.

marmoka

Banned
This is awesome!! I was afraid of having a Direct, and not being able to watch it at work, but just a 3 minute trailer makes it possible. Imagine watching a 30 minute trailer and your boss behind.

Whatever that console is, I need to see the games. Games are the most important when the console launches.

BTW, many of you guys should apologize Emily Rogers. I'm not been as much as you in NeoGaf, but the environment lived yesterday was toxic as hell (I don't know how people behaved here during the GamerGate days). I understand people of being afraid because nothing could happen this week, but those aren't the manners. I'm not defending her, I understand people not trusting her because she was often wrong, but what you all did yesterday... Thank god she was right in the end, and tweeted in the evening that we would finally get something sooner than expected, and happened to be true as well. Something we forget that we are humans, that we make mistakes, and other people make mistakes. I would understand all this if she was the ultra-corrupted president of your country, but come on, she's just an insider.

What's most, that thread should had been closed early in the European morning, and all those possible threads created later just to criticize Rogers too. I'm not saying that mods had to ban people, no way, that's not the solution, but they had to do something, not just say "Let's see if she's right; if she isn't, we don't allow more threads about what she said, and if she is, we have a thread about NX and nothing happened here". I hope situations like this do not happen again.

Now, get hyped everyone!!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I think it will be shown with one game at most - probably Zelda.

3 minutes is really no time at all. You'd expect over two of them just to be explaining the system concept.

If I had to reach for one crazy curve-ball prediction, it's that we won't get a name.

No Zelda even, probably
The exact opposite of what Id like to see XD

AdanVC

Well, time for bed. I can't believe we're just a few hours to the reveal of one, if not, the most hyped gaming device of all time. Just wishing the best to Nintendo and hope they deliver because the meltdowns are going to be spectacular if the don't. Have fun those who continue on this thread. See ya' on the other side :')

Oh don't worry, there will be plenty of reaction videos by noon tomorrow.

There will be tons of reaction videos on YouTube. You can enjoy that, lol.

The only reaction I wanted it didn't happen anymore, as SMD64 has bailed out of the live stream.

Trueeee. I like watching reaction videos so looking forward to some of that crazyness!

oni-link

Just woke up to this news, god I hope they keep the name NX

Desperatly hoping I don't log on later and see thread with a title like:

"Nintendo Flibideedo revealed, controller is a detachable blancmange, out Nov 2020, specs "double" the power of the Wii U"

CoolS

I predict meltdowns and disappointment. I've seen burned to much before.

Oh and they will definitely Not reveal ANYTHING about the specs. Not now and Not in the future.

oatmeal

Banned
Everyone post more Nintendo reveal videos! The smash one is excellent. TP is obviously a great one too (best ever maybe).

I need mooooaaaar

GCX

I'm still a bit weirded out theyre not doing a live reveal - has historically anyone done a pure video reveal?

Natural evolution of the direct formula i suppose
It's probably not a full console reveal though.

In 2005 for instance Nintendo showed off the Wii remote with a trailer and some tech demos but the actual reveal of the console was in E3 2006.

I think they'll focus on trying to get people to understand the concept of NX with this trailer. All the details etc will be left for later.

JCH!

That wouldn't make any sense this far down the line.

Nintendo's calling this a 'preliminary trailer', it's not even the real deal.

I'm expecting something like a silhouette of the system, maybe the final name, and a date for further information.

Any last predictions as to what the name will be?

Sorry just trying to kill time. Gonna be a long night. Hopefully the booze kicks in and knocks me out soon.

It's going to reveal the console design, logo, name, etc. Possibly show bits of Zelda NX. It sounds like they're just going to take the lid off with this trailer, and then have a bigger showing/demonstration very soon.

Yeah people need to keep their expectations down...its only 3 minutes...if we are lucky we get a direct next week!

*citation needed*

Is logic good enough? :p Concerning Zelda I'm going by some of the tweets that were right about NX news coming this week. If it's a 3 minute trailer, it's just going to show the hardware design and logo and stuff.

I imagine this trailer will end with "more coming next week" or something. Kind of like here you go, shut the fuck up here's what it looks like and what it's called, calm down" Then we get more goods shortly after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom