• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleh

Oh my God
I was literally ignoring NX threads at this point because I thought they were all baseless random things and then I bothered to read this title and OH

HYPE
AFTER ALL THESE MONTHS

Booki

Being 3 minutes long I'm not expecting much from Nintendo. 1.5 minutes of that trailer will most likely be Miyamoto introducing it, followed by a full 30 seconds of whatever new logo they cooked up leaving less than a minute to show it off.

And I wonder why it is a "preview". I bet they are anticipating a real leak this time and wanted to get ahead of it.

What's the bet it'll be a shadow silhouette montage.

Toparaman

Banned
This thread is very long... Anyone's got a link where the video will be posted?

No, that's against the rules. The link will not be posted anywhere. Not on NeoGAF, not on Nintendo's twitter, and definitely not on Nintendo's Youtube channels. The video will be unlisted. You will have to iteratively enter in YouTube video IDs in order to find it.

Tadaima

Predicting just an announcement of an announcement. Maybe also a name/logo reveal, similar to the Wii brand reveal about 10 years ago.

CoolS

The more I think about it I am beginning to suspect they won't reveal the name yet. Maybe not even the full hardware. Just glimpses and some games. And an announcement of the full reveal.

Decided to check GAF while binge watching Outlander, never expected this holy shit!

This looks good, but I can't shake the feeling that a controller for this will be really awkward looking, I hope they surprise me.
It has a Wii pro controller /nun chuck /NES Classic controller port on it...

This is a shop, right?

The 3DS was a temporary name as well when it was announced, name was so popular they kept it.

Yeah but 3DS makes so much sense they'd have to have been fucking stupid not to go with it. NX is just a codename, but as I said some aspect of it could carry over into the final name.

Sadist

Yoooo we made it.

So won't read through seventy pages, but are there any rumours going around? Saw something about three developers waiting for NX reveal to announce software?

Teknoman

NX sounds pretty cool as a system. If they get a Super Nintendo like tag line:

Welcome...to the NeXt generation of gaming, or something along the lines of that. I just hope they drive home third party support though, not even multiplatform ports.

Just woke up, Nintendo delivering the goooods!!

obligatory:
tumblr_lheubcncwE1qzpbds.jpg

tbro777

Neo Member
Any last predictions as to what the name will be?

Sorry just trying to kill time. Gonna be a long night. Hopefully the booze kicks in and knocks me out soon.

For a while I was thinking they would reboot and go back to NES, then when the NES Classic was announced maybe they want to keep similar branding. So may NES Neo, or NES ___ some other catchy name.

Evilmaus

Weird. A three minute trailer of a console that is yet to be formally revealed. Even if they announce an NX Direct, why not just skip the trailer and go straight to that for the reveal?

That is, unless, it won't actually be revealed in this trailer, and we'll just get a few more vague details along with info on launch titles?

I dunno. A three minute trailer to reveal their new console just seems kind of unenthusiastic to me...

So won't read through seventy pages, but are there any rumours going around? Saw something about three developers waiting for NX reveal to announce software?

Yeah, and wouldn't it be neat? We think we're just going to see the console design and stuff in the preview, but it could really blow the lid off other embargoes as well. Like okay guys, it's been revealed, so we can now reveal we're working on this! And we see a bunch more shit tomorrow after the trailer.

Seriously, and it ain't happening but if say Retro is like here's Metroid Prime 4 I would absolutely blow a gasket.

oti

Banned
I have the feeling this will be just Mario trotting though NCL and looking behind the curtain to see NX resting on a podest. No words spoken. Or something like that. Fade to black, real reveal date.

Well this is interesting to wake up to!

Ok, looking through the last few pages, firstly, that Mario is, as many have said, fucking horrifying, but it's Halloween soon, so it kind of works, and that Dev kit looks legit, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's damned close to the tablet component.

3 minutes is no time at all though. I'd be surprised if we see the entire system in detail with such a small timeframe, that will need introduction, closing monologue, and enough to ensure they convey the gimmicks and functionality of the system, even if only broadly.

Plus it's Nintendo. Going in expecting to be disappointed always serves you better than expecting to be excited or to have understood what in the hells they were thinking.

Also, 3PM GMT? Guess I know when I'll be going for a poo at work today!

Speely

Banned
What they need to do is right from the very beginning (meaning THIS preview trailer) show exactly what the NX is, what it does, how it looks, and what it's called. There is no reason to be cryptic about the device itself. There are plenty of games (hopefully) to reserve for timed hype via announcements and stuff.

I think that's what this preview vid will be: something to show people what the device is, and possibly something about the overall platform (online/community stuff.) And a name so the branding can begin.

Weird. A three minute trailer of a console that is yet to be formally revealed. Even if they announce an NX Direct, why not just skip the trailer and go straight to that for the reveal?

That is, unless, it won't actually be revealed in this trailer, and we'll just get a few more vague details along with info on launch titles?

I dunno. A three minute trailer to reveal their new console just seems kind of unenthusiastic to me...

A little thing called "building hype".

Wait, just how coincidental is it that Rockstar is showing RDR2 tomorrow on the day the NX is being revealed? There's 365 days in a year, so it's, well, a 1/365 of a chance. Which isn't very good odds.

SoulUnison

Banned
There's an on button

Are their separate ON and OFF buttons?
Are you supposed to hit them at the same time?

How the fuck do those OPTION buttons work?
Do you hit the top two buttons at the same time to "RESTART?"

Those lines connecting the buttons in seemingly random ways are insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom