• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

spekkeh

Banned
I am wondering if there is some sort of connection between RDR2 and NX. Like,.. RDR2 will be announced and later Nintendo will reveal the NX and one of the launching titles will be RDR2.
Doesn't make much sense that both companies waited so long to announce this "products" and now they are doing it on the exact same day.
Yeah given that it is one hour later it does feel like some coordination has been going on. Like they want to put the official name at the end but have to wait for Nintendo to call it first.

Still, it's Rockstar, who haven't particularly liked Nintendo, so I'm going to be really cautious about it.

But hey the 2K boss really digged NX a couple of months ago, so some cautious hype maybe? Yay?

3 minutes preview will mean that people expecting tons of info or crucial info will be disappointed

no specs
no price
no software?

probably a confirmation of the March release, the name, the logo and the overall concept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83GoGHBkdyg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnqGBNQHTQo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEKCetCeibs

The Wii one and the sum of the two 3DS ones are pretty likely, imho

Like I said, to me the minimum should be the name, design, but also a date for the full showcase next week (likely before the meeting on Wednesday?).

But why have a preview trailer in the first place and not just have it all together? That's what confuses me.

Scrawnton

It's the idea of them making handheld style games for a main console. I want new 3D zeldas, 3D Marios, fzero, retro's big game, platinum games, etc. don't want teams shifting to some dumbed down handheld thing
Did you enjoy the Wii U's console games? Because 3DS games had more depth, polish, and content. If Wii U had 3DS' library it would've been amazing.

I am wondering if there is some sort of connection between RDR2 and NX. Like,.. RDR2 will be announced and later Nintendo will reveal the NX and one of the launching titles will be RDR2.
Doesn't make much sense that both companies waited so long to announce this "products" and now they are doing it on the exact same day.

I keep reading RDR2 as R2D2. Always takes me a minute to get what people are saying when they bring it up haha.

Protome

3 minutes preview will mean that people expecting tons of info or crucial info will be disappointed

no specs
no price
no software?

probably a confirmation of the March release, the name, the logo and the overall concept

It wouldn't shock me if it was the other way around.
A name (maybe)
A sizzle reel of some new games.
No hardware/concept/anything.

It's the idea of them making handheld style games for a main console. I want new 3D zeldas, 3D Marios, fzero, retro's big game, platinum games, etc. don't want teams shifting to some dumbed down handheld thing

Have you used a handheld in the past decade? All the biggest games are just consoles games. Monster Hunter, Zelda, Mario etc etc have all been console quality except for the limitations of the hardware.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
My prediction of the trailer

Retrospective of the NES and GameBoy showin
Then n3DS and Wii U

Then with the words "introducing Nintendo's next generation console"

Multiple scenes

Scene 1
Shows person playing Zelda on the TV. Gets a call. Grabs tablet and attach controllers and carries on playing from where he left off in the bus with the tablet and attached controllers

Scene 2
2 kids play a NX game while the 2 controllers are detached NES style and the tablet has a stand and the 2 kids play locally from the portable device.

Scene 3
Girl plays Just Dance on the TV using NX motion controllers

Scene 4
Old man plays a Brain Training type game in the office using the touchscreen. No controllers are attached it's just the tablet.

Scene 5
Someone plays a game that adds new features when portable. For example Nintendogs on the TV you can play with the dog in the house. But then the person detaches the tablet and takes the dog for a walk.

Finally
Name revealed
With tag line
Play how you want
Where you want

This tag line is to give the message you can play at home or on the go. You can play with touchscreen controls, gyro, motion or traditional controls.

I actually think this makes a lot of sense. Except I think Mario will also be shown.

GoaThief

You haven't see the NX though.

What does a hybrid do to make the console side worse?
Playing devil's advocate; lowers the hardware specs (could also affect controllers, etc), potentially diluted focus on titles, added cost.

Hopefully the poster will come back to elaborate more.

Mediking

My prediction of the trailer

Retrospective of the NES and GameBoy showin
Then n3DS and Wii U

Then with the words "introducing Nintendo's next generation console"

Multiple scenes

Scene 1
Shows person playing Zelda on the TV. Gets a call. Grabs tablet and attach controllers and carries on playing from where he left off in the bus with the tablet and attached controllers

Scene 2
2 kids play a NX game while the 2 controllers are detached NES style and the tablet has a stand and the 2 kids play locally from the portable device.

Scene 3
Girl plays Just Dance on the TV using NX motion controllers

Scene 4
Old man plays a Brain Training type game in the office using the touchscreen. No controllers are attached it's just the tablet.

Scene 5
Someone plays a game that adds new features when portable. For example Nintendogs on the TV you can play with the dog in the house. But then the person detaches the tablet and takes the dog for a walk.

Finally
Name revealed
With tag line
Play how you want
Where you want

This tag line is to give the message you can play at home or on the go. You can play with touchscreen controls, gyro, motion or traditional controls.

Somebody works for Nintendo....

The time has come. Brace yourselves.

2WiqDyL.jpg

NX is coming.

YfFLWdM.gif

marmoka

Banned

no specs
no price
no software?

As you say, people are making irrealistic expectations. We will probably see the console, the concept, the name, Zelda, and that's all.

Software in another direct, expect in a PDF next week (or probably never), and price in Q1-2017. That will be all.

Now we need the date for the games Direct.

You... are aware that it's going to launch with what will likely be the largest, most fleshed out Zelda game ever made, right?

Also literally the only other announced game for it is Just Dance 2017. That... is not a handheld game. Like at all.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Don't know why they didn't wait another hour until the kids finished school, fucking stupid.

Haha, I would totally have been in your situation. Except today my mother is picking up my boy so Im ready for the HYPE TRAIN.

LadderFilter

Neo Member
Man looking back at that trailer, no wonder people didn't have a clue what the Wii U was, everything looks like a new controller for the Wii

They cannot make the same mistake with this first look one

I have had the same impression right now... a real misstep for Nintendo. :(

Manoko

We.. really don't know that. Even as a hybrid, you could just use it as purely a console, and then what is it not doing?

Just...don't use the handheld part? I'm not sure why anyone would be opposed to more games for a system.

You haven't see the NX though.

What does a hybrid do to make the console side worse?

Having the device be able to be played on the go means the specs must be significantly lowered (because of form factor, heat and TDP).

So far the rumours point to a Wii U gamepad that you can take on the go, with detachable controllers on the side.
And that sounds absolutely awful to me.

Significantly less powerful console means we won't get any third party support, or barely, too.

j.rob

I really hope nothing major leaks just before in this lead up. Nintendo's ninjas have been CRAZY on point.

We have come this far for shit to just spill now.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Like I said, to me the minimum should be the name, design, but also a date for the full showcase next week (likely before the meeting on Wednesday?).

But why have a preview trailer in the first place and not just have it all together? That's what confuses me.

Because of the Investors meeting on October 26th
To me, that's it.
They will reply to their questions with a: "We just announced that we willl discuss NX in further details later this year".
Btw, having a preview trailer is not less but more than having a PR/Tweet just saying: Stay tuned on October 30" let's say

notaskwid

Don't know why they didn't wait another hour until the kids finished school, fucking stupid.
Cmon, kids don't watch console reveals...
Or if they do, they're not making time to watch a tea ser right as it goes live, it'll be all over the internet as soon as is released, there is no stupidity here.

Ladekabel

Yeah given that it is one hour later it does feel like some coordination has been going on. Like they want to put the official name at the end but have to wait for Nintendo to call it first.

Still, it's Rockstar, who haven't particularly liked Nintendo, so I'm going to be really cautious about it.

But hey the 2K boss really digged NX a couple of months ago, so some cautious hype maybe? Yay?

Didn't Rockstar North release a couple of N64 games when they still were DMA Design?

PLEASE MASTER, I'M TRYING AS HARD AS I CAN!!!

lol i put in "arcadegirl64" behind her name but that didn't really work either. i mean is she cute?

Nintendo insider? More like you want to be Nintendo InsideHer!

Up top y'all

uqgrvcglgdlxid1sv02f.gif

Seriously though don't be creepy

You... are aware that it's going to launch with what will likely be the largest, most fleshed out Zelda game ever made, right?

Also literally the only other announced game for it is Just Dance 2017. That... is not a handheld game. Like at all.
And the new 3D Sonic game. Dragon Quest X and XI also were announced for NX.

Manoko

The sources that have leaked this announcement before Nintendo made their tweet. They have already said Emily Rogers system spec leak is 100 percent real

Yes I've seen it.

I still choose not to believe it, in my mind this is the handheld, not the entire NX ecosystem we're seeing here.

This device they are leaking about to me is the handheld that will launch first in Japan, while we'll get the home console part here in Europe and in the US. And get the handheld a bit later.
Or maybe at the same time, but not as heavily marketed as in Japan.

I really hope this is it, not a hybrid.
Makes a looooot more sense to me.

What were those?
Custom Nvidia GPU chip
Region Free (No region lock)
Six inch (6.2 inch?) multi-touch screen (Heard nothing about a stylus)
The touchscreen has 720p resolution.
32GB of built-in internal storage
SD card support
Supports USB 2.0 and 3.0
The dock has two 2.0 usb ports and one 3.0 usb port.
The portable device is around 14 – 15 mm in thickness.
The right analogue stick (or circle pad?) will be below the face buttons.
Camera and microphone are not built into/inside the NX portable device.
Cooling is still a little noisy
Detachable controllers (motion controls and next-gen vibration technology) <– Everything Laura Kate Dale said in her article was correct.
Share / Social button that Laura Kate Dale posted is true.
There are *at least* two shoulder buttons.
Battery Life — Ehhh not great. I haven’t heard an exact number of hours, but it doesn’t sound great.
Below PS4 and XB1 in raw power.
Supports Unreal Engine 4 and Unity Engine.

https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/09/02/rumor-what-should-we-expect-from-the-final-nx-product/

Hope the NX doesn't come in just black or white. I want Gamecube purple or transparent (like the N64 DK set, with the jungle green N64) or even something with glitter as long as it's not just black and white.

Oh, and a matte finish please Nintendo. Fingerprints suck.

Having the device be able to be played on the go means the specs must be significantly lowered (because of form factor, heat and TDP).

So far the rumours point to a Wii U gamepad that you can take on the go, with detachable controllers on the side.

Significantly less powerful console means we won't get any third party support, or barely, too.

If you're so up on the rumors you should also know that your last sentence contradicts all of them. Mainly that it is extremely easy to develop for and port games to.

They also point to it being slightly less powerful than a PS4 or Xbox One, which is absolutely not just a Wii U gamepad you can take on the go.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly cant believe this didn't leak already lol. Nintendo's good at this.

Manoko

I know, right? Being able to take your home console gaming on the go sounds like the worst idea EVER! Who needs that kind of convenience!!

If you think you can somehow have a mobile chip as powerful or nearly as powerful as the PS4/XBO, you're delusional.
Well you can, but that thing would be bulky as hell and hotter than the sun, with a battery life in minutes rather than hours.

I don't want weak specs because you can, if you want, play your console on the go.
It's such a shame, because weak specs aren't just worse graphics (which don't matter at all to me, graphics aren't important), but mostly would not make the third party developpers want to port/develop for your device.

What will be interesting with this video is the direction the marketing is taking this time. Will they show happy familys again or go more the route of the others and make it less happy and colorful and more serious? It is Nintendo after all so I don't expect anything like you would see from Sony or Microsoft but maybe as weird as the commercials from the Gamecube era.

3 mins is more thren enough time to show specs , some nice shots of it's design , a 1 minute montage of games and a rough idea of its release / price.

Protome

So you skipped the last two Nintendo systems too?
It's going to be underpowered regardless, it's Nintendo.

They need to rely less on third party support if all their studios are working on one platform though.

Manoko

If you're so up on the rumors you should also know that your last sentence contradicts all of them. Mainly that it is extremely easy to develop for and port games to.

They also point to it being slightly less powerful than a PS4 or Xbox One, which is absolutely not just a Wii U gamepad you can take on the go.

Yes but the rumours also say a very bad battery life and active cooling.
And that makes no sense to me, so I choose not to believe those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom