• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX reveal still coming this year says NOE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Nintendo won't announce it this early because they don't want to overshadow the hot new holiday releases coming to the Wii U.

Nintendo isn't going to change a public stance on anything in an email to a random person. Whether the nx reveal will be delayed or not, they aren't going to share anything new in an email like this

NYR

200.gif

He's just repeating Nintendo's official position on the matter. Not that it likely isn't true (I still think October reveal, but at this point who knows) but he isn't really sharing anything new about the reveal date.

I'm curious about the question that he was asked too. I couldn't find it in that reddit thread. I'm guessing it's about giving out development tools or SDKs? The response is fairly interesting.

Nintendo isn't going to change a public stance on anything in an email to a random person. Whether the nx reveal will be delayed or not, they aren't going to share anything new in an email like this
Yeah, this is true. They're going to repeat whatever the latest statement that was made by Kimishima. If there was some delay only Kimishima would be allowed to say it.

Schnozberry

If anyone's getting in trouble it's probably the developer who screencapped this. Pretty weird way to go out considering that the post isn't even new information.

Exactly, and depending on the date format on the website, it's either from early September or way back in May...

Sorcerer

I feel the "stability issues, developer frustration" brought up are a hint to us that this is going to be delayed to Holiday 17, reveal at E3. Through a direct or at the event.

The only thing revealed soon will be a delay.

Ridley327

That's funny because I think they the hype hit its height last month. Not revealing it then I think was a mistake.

As soon as a day is mentioned, there will be no less than three dozen threads made about it. There is no situation where the hype will die down until after it's unveiled.

Yeah, this is true. They're going to repeat whatever the latest statement that was made by Kimishima. If there was some delay only Kimishima would be allowed to say it.
It's similar to how despite all other evidence people insisted persona 5 would be a 2015 release right until the delay because Atlus usa kept repeating the existing statements

It's similar to how despite all other evidence people insisted persona 5 would be a 2015 release right until the delay because Atlus usa kept repeating the existing statements
Yep I remember that because I kept saying it was going to be delayed and some guy kept arguing with me it wouldn't because Atlus USA repeated it would be 2015.

I feel the "stability issues, developer frustration" brought up are a hint to us that this is going to be delayed to holiday 17, reveal at E3. Through a direct or at the event.

The only thing revealed soon will be a delay.

He's specifically saying that they are avoiding "developer frustration" by not sharing the development tools openly until very close to release. I don't think he's saying that there is any of that going on.

timberger

Sent to die if 2016 at this point but fiscal seems to be the more likely option.

Even with that I'm not entirely sure if it's gonna do so hot though. Nintendo are going to need a major hook to get people on board if even half the rumours about this thing are on the money.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting really tired of certain individuals' complete disrespect for confidentiality.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Meh. NOE might not even know for sure. Even that post shows some uncertainty. Also, it's over a month old. Plans may have changed.

Rösti;219846560 said:
I'm getting really tired of certain individuals' complete disrespect for confidentiality.

And we're all getting tired of you acting like a pseudo-insider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom