• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Subreddit mods "verifying" the the source of NX *RUMORS.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Sorry for the odd title, but wanted to make it clear that these are still *rumors," - only difference is that the source of these rumors have been "verified" to be - at least to them - legitimate.

LINK: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/56jomc/leak_goodies_from_a_large_retail_partner/

Reddit said:
So as some of you know, we have this little blurb in the sidebar.
If you have sensitive or privileged information you would like to provide to the community, send it to the mod team. We will review it and if we feel there is sufficient proof to validate the information, we will post it on your behalf to protect your identity.
Well, for the first time in a very long time, someone has meet our requirements and provided what we feel to be sufficient proof.
We have done our best to confirm this individual's identity and we feel pretty confident about it. However, someone who is determined enough can fake damn near anything as evidenced by that 3D printed controller hoax from a while back. As always, make sure to take everything we're about to post with a grain of salt.
Verification

We have verified that our source works for a very large retailer. We have verified that this source is in a position to have access to this sort of information. Exact details of what was provided will not be released. We take protecting the identity of our sources very seriously. Our source has added the disclaimer that this is all initial information and subject to change as time goes on.
Note: As part of our responsible leaking policies, we will be re-writing the information we have been provided in our own words in the off chance that the specific verbiage used could help track down our sources identity. I have asked our source to monitor this post to make sure that the content we have re-written on their behalf is still accurate. There may be small edits or corrections as a result.
Marketing

Rumors:

Marketing

"Interact with your game on the go." phrase seen on a poster.
Strong co-branding effort with a Mario launch title on many posters.
Console is currently set to launch with least 4 titles on deck.
Stores should be receiving demo units around February.
Base price point seems to be sitting at $299.99

Bundle

The NX is currently set to have a bundle option.
The contents of this bundle is currently unknown.
Bundle price is currently sitting at $399.99

Packaging

The packaging for the NX will be slightly larger than the Wii U's packaging.
The packaging is relatively clean and simple and is similar to the Wii U in terms of package design.
The color scheme for the packaging is white and blue (compared to the Wii U's blue and black).
The packaging still says "NX" however there is still no indication if this is a placeholder or the final name.
The areas of the packaging that would usually depict the hardware were blurred and redacted by Nintendo in attempt to keep it hidden.

Features and Specs

4k streaming has been mentioned. - What this likely means is playback of content such as Netflix, etc. Not gameplay.
1080p and 60fps are being used by the marketing teams in relation to gameplay on to the console portion. I've heard unconfirmed rumblings of 900p for the infamous hybrid part of the device.

Sorry if this is posted or isn't allowed - I know they're only rumors. But I did a search and checked the last three pages of posts and don't see anything. I feel like I can't possibly be the first person to see this, so I'm hesitant to click "new thread."

ggx2ac

I'm bolding this part in case no one noticed.

Note: As part of our responsible leaking policies, we will be re-writing the information we have been provided in our own words in the off chance that the specific verbiage used could help track down our sources identity.

I call bullshit because they say the color scheme will be blue and white. Fuck that, Nintendo is going with classic red this time.

The packaging still says "NX" however there is still no indication if this is a placeholder or the final name.

I doubt it will have NX as a final name. Let alone have any packaging that has NX on it.

DMONKUMA

So 4 launch games a one appears to be Mario? Hmmm wonder what the other three are. I imagine one is just a standard gimmick/demo game.

Of course though this sounds like a fake but eh..

The NX subreddit mods previously "verified" someone who claimed that NX would be a powerful home console, and responded to the EG/IGN/WSJ/MCV reports by putting the word "reporters" in scare quotes and insisting that these outlets had all been "duped."

In other words, I don't put much stock in their verification standards.

Mariolee

Didn't the last Reddit verified thread here about the NX get locked because their verifying methods are dubious at best?

Regginator

What are the odds the handheld hybrid is (3)DS compatible? That way I'd sell my current 3DS and put that money towards this hypothetical console + handheld bundle.

Yeah I read the OP. Even a bundle at $400 is completely ridiculous.

Based on what? It literally says the bundle contents are unknown, and $300 for the base means that the bundle, which would theoretically come with a game putting it at $360 for the console and a game... and the other $40, who knows.

Davey Cakes

White and blue seemed pretty obvious to me. It's a working aesthetic for Nintendo. The Wii was attractive as hell. That look should be the primary one for all NX SKUs.

I call bullshit because they say the color scheme will be blue and white. Fuck that, Nintendo is going with classic red this time.
This DOES come to mind, yes.

I wonder if Nintendo will go red and white, if these rumors are true.

Or maybe...Red, White, and Blue? AMERICA. Western focus confirmed. Lol.

The handheld is going to be 900p? That seems like such a weird resolution to use over the more common 720p which would be cheaper for a screen and give better battery life.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So 4 launch games a one appears to be Mario? Hmmm wonder what the other three are. I imagine one is just a standard gimmick/demo game.

Zelda?

Eh, Verified information on Reddit have been wrong in the past so yeah, I would take it with grain of salts.

Delio

$299 for the handheld standard just makes me think it isn't a handheld i guess. I know Hybrid but are they really nuking a cheaper handheld for the all in one?

I swore I read no Mario at launch. Probably misremembering something tho.

900p for the handheld weren't ppl saying even 720p would be a shocker?

$400 for a bundle seems pretty risky if they're going full casual marketing tho I guess depends what it is

-shadow-

I hope red makes a return. But we'll see. Atleast this seems like something somewhat believable. Now where's the actual announcement however?

Toparaman

Banned
As a redditor mentioned, "interact with your game on the go" is kind of troubling. Why "interact with", and not "play"?

ggx2ac

Rumors:

Marketing

Strong co-branding effort with a Mario launch title on many posters.

Packaging

The packaging for the NX will be slightly larger than the Wii U's packaging.

Features and Specs
I've heard unconfirmed rumblings of 900p for the infamous hybrid part of the device.

Some odd inconsistences, first off:

Didn't Miyamoto say that a new Mario title would be revealed at next year's e3? That would be long after launch especially if it's a holiday title.

The packaging of the NX is bigger? Do they mean the console? I find it hard to believe a Handheld and a dock would need more space than a Wii U and a Gamepad.

Also, 900p? Do they mean the handheld would be 900p? That goes against Emily Rogers rumour that the NX uses a 720p screen.

#teamfake. I mean, there are supposed to be posters, but none without the actual console?

And would Nintendo really prep the retailers without revealing the console first?

javadoze

The pricepoint and emphasis on 1080p/60fps are the points that sound a little sketchy. The pricepoint could possibly work, but the latter sounds very un-Nintendo.

Also this. Why go with blue and white if the WiiU already did that? Not tying the NX boxart to their new red branding would be a major missed opportunity.

Sendou

How do you figure? We don't know what's in the alleged bundle.

Honestly there is whatever the person who came up with these stories wants there to be. Person walks into store and sees a Nintendo handheld at $400 which is same price you pay for PlayStation 4 and a couple of games by the time this thing is out. Now I'm not saying some companies can't pull that off but Big N ain't one of them.

Unless they went off the deep end with docks and stuff.

Somnid

I fail to see the need to verify this type of rumor. It's vague and safe, what anyone would probably expect without any real information. Even if it was confirmed to be a lie would that change anything?

Jawmuncher

400 for the base and portable sounds fair. Especially if the bundle includes a good game to drive in some value.

Honestly there is whatever the person who came up with these stories wants there to be. Person walks into store and sees a Nintendo handheld at $400 which is same price you pay for PlayStation 4 and a couple of games by the time this thing is out. Now I'm not saying some companies can't pull that off but Big N ain't one of them.

Unless they went off the deep end with docks and stuff.
Maybe Nintendo aren't targeting idiots who look at one bundle price clearly marked "bundle" and ignore all other posters, displays, and news stories... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom