• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Subreddit mods "verifying" the the source of NX *RUMORS.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Nintendo driving people crazy and bringing out the worst in
so called
gamers like they always seem to do. Amazing times can't wait to see the reactions after the reveal

Okay, you caught me. I've never played a real video game in my life. I just wanted to impress my friends. :(

thefro

I don't buy this rumor, but what's listed in the bullet points clearly isn't the same thing as the Eurogamer report from July.

I doubt the Tegra chip there is going to do 1080p/60 fps in home console mode, nor would you only be able to "interact with your game on the go!" instead of playing the whole thing. Also wouldn't be bigger than the Wii U's box.

This seems to be describing a PS4+ system with something like a better version of the Dreamcast's VMU system that you can carry around and do stuff with.

I am imagining a conference room in the bowels of Nintendo.

"Crap! We told them 'Nintendo X' would be out in March and we'd reveal it in 2016. Shit! Does anybody have any ideas for what it should be??"

I do really like how angry people get that they aren't being marketed to yet.

Nintendo, show your console or I will never support you again and will also fly to Japan to tie ill-wishes about you to temple trees.

El Topo

they witheld what the thing was for years. they teased the "revolutionary controller" a year out, expectations were insane, it'd be a VR helmet, haptic glove, ect.... fanboys grew up crazy schematics on how the GPU would be a trojan horse powerhouse

Didn't they only officially announce Revolution at E3 2005 and withhold the controller until TGS 2005? I mean, they talked about a 'gaming revolution' as early as E3 2004, but still. It's been so long, I don't recall the details.

L Thammy

Nintendo, show your console or I will never support you again and will also fly to Japan to tie ill-wishes about you to temple trees.

Do we not have a right to give Nintendo our money? Nintendo owes it to us.

It's pretty funny, really.

"We know nothing about this thing, what games it will play or what it does...but this price that's thrown around by a shaky source is too high!! Now excuse me while I go dump another 400 dollars on a slightly upgraded PS4, 2 years after spending that on the one I have now."

At least this forum is pretty transparent.

"We know nothing about this thing, what games it will play or what it does...but this price that's thrown around by a shaky source is too high!! Now excuse me while I go dump another 400 dollars on a slightly upgraded PS4, 2 years after spending that on the one I have now."

Yeah, remember 3DS ?
What is funny is people denying that Nintendo's target is alsl price sensitive.

120v

Didn't they only officially announce Revolution at E3 2005 and withhold the controller until TGS 2005? I mean, they talked about a 'gaming revolution' as early as E3 2004, but still. It's been so long, I don't recall the details.

maybe, i remember about a year wait after the console "reveal" where they just showed the case and said it'd have VC, it could've been shorter than that but dear god it seemed like an eternity.

that period brought out a special breed of crazy

Fou-Lu

Yeah, I don't get this thought process at all. If it ends up being something you are interested in or not won't be determined by when it is announced. If the only reason you don't buy something is because they didn't announce it when you thought they should that is purely spite and not logical at all.

El Topo

Yeah, remember 3DS ?
What is funny is people denying that Nintendo's target is alsl price sensitive.

You are so transparent. You probably own four PS4s and have a Sony tattoo. You don't even know anything about the device. What if it cures cancer?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Sure, because those are the same people. Or do you also believe in a hive mind like Noi_ ?

Lothars

Delusional Nintendo fans are definitely apparent. The group of us worried about the price has history in our favor from the 3ds launch at 250 which was overpriced to the wii u which is still overpriced. Nintendo hasn't done itself any favors lately and the onus is on them to prove that its worth it but they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt even if we barely know anything of the NX.

Delusional Nintendo fans are definitely apparent. The group of us worried about the price has history in our favor from the 3ds launch at 250 which was overpriced to the wii u which is still overpriced. Nintendo hasn't done itself any favors lately and the onus is on them to prove that its worth it but they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt even if we barely know anything of the NX.

If you can justify the price it doesn't matter. Neither the 3DS or Wii U were able to justify their price at launch.

There is nothing TO know at the moment. Including the veracity of the source material.

Thraktor

I'm inherently very suspicious of any rumours which claim to know pricing or marketing details this far ahead of launch. None of these decisions will have been nailed down by now, and there's no reason for anyone outside a very small group of people to be involved in the decision making (and they're not exactly the kind of people to go around making detailed leaks). I can't think of a single time a rumour of this type has turned out to be true.

You are so transparent. You probably own four PS4s and have a Sony tattoo. You don't even know anything about the device. What if it cures cancer?

Yeah right you clearly saw through me lol.
Btw, I don't have a PS4 and I wrote for a Nintendo website, even been to events and such and reviewed games too. I also had like 5 3DS and a Wii U.

I just don't have pink tainted gogoles and I also know what to expect from Nintendo.

Totakeke

All the more clearer when NX is actually unveiled and you still have people voicing opinions that doesn't really account what was unveiled. Some people care more about stating their pre-existing stance more than anything and then you have discussions that go nowhere because of that.

I'm so ready for the NX to be revealed so all this guessing and the crazy rumors can stop. I know it's not the first time this has gone on, but it sure feels worse than ever before. :(

Seems we're getting to a new point of desperation when the most blalantly fake rumors I've seen for a while have a 17 thread page.

Nintendo, show off your damn console already.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Meh, true or not these rumors don't say what probably most of us really want to know, NX real form factor and how it works so i don't care anyway.

Why are you so upset? Like why even accuse people of buying the pro? As some sort of "gotcha ya hypocrite" shit? I just don't get it.

El Topo

Very true. Core gamers also claimed Wii was overpriced at $250 but the market implied it was actually vastly underpriced.

Price was revealed September 2006, at which point we had already seen the masses try to get their hands on the device (see e.g. the infamous E3 scenes). So as amusing as it is to look at the reaction at GAF (see Wii3: Apocalypse Redux in the archives), an extent of reasonable doubt should be allowed I guess, let us not pretend that people generally expected this thing to bomb at that point. Initial reactions should always be taken with a grain of salt. That said, even outside of initial reactions, admittedly few expected Wii to be this giant success.

Edit:
It's an amusing trip through memory though: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156419

L Thammy

Why are you so upset? Like why even accuse people of buying the pro? As some sort of "gotcha ya hypocrite" shit? I just don't get it.

"Everyone on NeoGAF is a Sony fanboy" is a common complaint among people who were banned or couldn't get an account. Maybe something like that? The Pro bit seems kind of strange considering how bad the reception of its announcement was here.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I am imagining a conference room in the bowels of Nintendo.

"Crap! We told them 'Nintendo X' would be out in March and we'd reveal it in 2016. Shit! Does anybody have any ideas for what it should be??"

th

ultrazilla

I'm not believing anything until Moses himself ascends Mt. Sinai with the receipts etched in stone.

Spit my coffee out lmao!!!

Anyways....17 pages based on another dubious rumor for Nintendo NX?

AWESOME!! It's not the destination, it's the trip folks. ;)

P44

Care to tell me what the actual product is so I can put a value to it? We aren't certain it's a handheld with a dock, or a console with some form of handheld, or both with some crazy new tech that would blow our minds. And even if it was a handheld with a dock or vice versa, how do we know what unprecedented crazy tech that has? I'm not into jumping into conclusions based on vague rumors, sorry. Give me something solid and I'll tell you how much.

What's your point, we shouldn't discuss rumours and/or speculation? We can't interpret the rumour and have a discussion of possible good price points, or bad price points based off of that rumour? Nobody is jumping to conclusions, but writing BASED OFF OF X RUMOR OF 63% PROBABILITY OF BEING TRUE IN MY OPINION A GOOD VALUE IS X gets very old. It's assumed.

ViciousDS

Banned
Bundle. Console at $299, which sounds about right based on what we know.

To me it still sounds a little pricy......I'm guessing it will include the base to increase power. But that box to me would be smart to be sold separate for $99, and the handheld only for $199.

My bold prediction is that Nintendo has a simultaneous reveal and launch of the NX in March. At this point it clearly makes the most sense.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
1) The thread is being locked because it's currently an active console war. Grow up. 2) Even if the thread had stayed on track, the rumors seem both dubious and pretty irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom