• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NxGamer: Assassins Creed: Valhalla - Patch 1.04 Performance and Graphic Analysis - PS5 | SX | SS

Kenpachii

I find it hard to believe that people are unaware that fixing bugs can either improve or lower performance. It depends on the issue that is being fixed.

If we are seeing lower performance on both consoles then you have a good indicator that the issues on both consoles is cpu related due to past games using the same open world, mission based, ai tracking multiple npcs, game engine. Or at the very least previous asscreed games have been cpu limited if i recall.

Still curious how improvement to both systems os software will impact game performance going forward.

The game is 100% gpu bottlenecked. CPU code for valhalla is better then odyssey for sure.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
See. Now THIS would be an in depth analysis. I'd love to see NXgamer attempt it. I get that he works and that this would be a much more involved video that he usually makes but it would be of real value.

Can anyone give me a TLDR of this vid? Can't stand the way he talks.

You know this is just an update on a more in depth analysis he already did, correct? Just because you don't like the conclusions that the data is presenting doesn't mean he's biased for Sony.

Concern

DF and VG disagree but since its fanboy nxgamer, he's automatically right lmao. Dude's a joke just trying up his subs on the naive fanboys 🤣🤣.

In example the sky can be blue and everyone says it blue. DF, vg, etc all say its blue but its in Sony interest its better if it's gray. NX makes an "analysis" and says its gray. Automatically he's right and everyone else is wrong lol. The fanboys eat it up tho, so you can't blame him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: Dude only has 50k subs lmao. No wonder he caters to console wars so much. DF 1 million vs Nx 50k 🤣

Last edited:

Resenge

DF and VG disagree but since its fanboy nxgamer, he's automatically right lmao. Dude's a joke just trying up his subs on the naive fanboys 🤣🤣.

In example the sky can be blue and everyone says it blue. DF, vg, etc all say its blue but its in Sony interest its better if it's gray. NX makes an "analysis" and says its gray. Automatically he's right and everyone else is wrong lol. The fanboys eat it up tho, so you can't blame him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: Dude only has 50k subs lmao. No wonder he caters to console wars so much. DF 1 million vs Nx 50k 🤣

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't his youtube channel just a side project as his fulltime job is a software/hardware engineer by trade? unlike Digital Foundry who are primarily Journalists so the youtube channel is their main focus?

Last edited:

Concern

Correct me if I am wrong but Isn't his youtube channel just his side project as his fulltime job is a software/hardware engineer by trade? Unlike Digital Foundry who are primarily Journalists.

I wouldn't know since I don't follow any of these people. But considering he outputs just as much videos as df, its definitely not just a side gig.

He's pushing consoles wars hard to get his subs up. But 1m - 50k lol. He's basically a flea to an elephant regardless of his baity videos.

FranXico

I wouldn't know since I don't follow any of these people. But considering he outputs just as much videos as df, its definitely not just a side gig.

For someone who "doesn't follow any of these people", you sure seem to know quite a few of these channels, not to mention what each of them said in detail.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned

Hear you blaming someone to be too much fanboy give me huge headache.

Last edited:

Resenge

*Says he wouldn't know, then says he definitively does know*

1myuho.jpg

It was more of a rhetorical question rather than asking you the answer because you "Wouldn't know" Ok let me tell you definitively. NXGamer has always said the youtube thing was a side project and his main Job is...

a software/hardware engineer by trade I have worked within high level corporate IS for over the past 15 years along with small and personal game development projects. I bring that level of knowledge, experience and understanding to my content, interviews which helps bring out the best in developers and ask the kind of questions many want to know.

Maybe you should do your research before you post your imature posts about 50k subscribers VS actual Journalists who use youtube for a living.

Last edited:

1myuho.jpg

It was more of a rhetorical question rather than asking you the answer because you "Wouldn't know" Ok let me tell you definitively. NXGamer has always said the youtube thing was a side project and his main Job is...

Maybe you should do your research before you post your imature posts about 50k subscribers VS actual Journalists who use youtube for a living.

Didn't know NXGamer NXGamer background. That would explain why he's able to explain tech pretty well in his videos. Like how he explained the RT in CoD for example. He certainly uses a different language than Digital Foundry when it comes to tech.

Last edited:

Concern

1myuho.jpg

He posts as consistently as df. Its ok you're trying to defend your "analyst" who's opinion fits your warrior narrative lol.

My point still stands. He makes baity videos catering to warriors like you for subs. But at the end of the day 1m >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 50k 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
PS5 wins.

next
Xbox wins.

NeoGAF.gif

No, Ubisoft wins because everyone rushed out to buy their rushed game for their new consoles. Paying full price and this is the result.

And the bottom feeding fanboy trolls that for some strange reason are allowed to proliferate on here come second with ammo for their console warring. (I am not saying that you two are by the way, but some of them are already here.)

Last edited:

Resenge

He posts as consistently as df. Its ok you're trying to defend your "analyst" who's opinion fits your warrior narrative lol.

My point still stands. He makes baity videos catering to warriors like you for subs. But at the end of the 1m >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 50k 🤷🏻‍♂️
I am a pc gamer first and consoles second I am subbed to DF and NXGamer for entertainment not to console war, Ironically your posts are console war fodder in disguise, but say whatever you feel to fit your narrative. I just saw your silly million subs vs 50k subs comment and decided to educate you on the real facts, not made up stuff because you
wouldn't know
Which is damn obvious when anyone who does know reads your drivel.

Last edited:

GHG

My point still stands. He makes baity videos catering to warriors like you for subs. But at the end of the day 1m >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 50k 🤷🏻‍♂️

So sub count is the be all and end all rather than the quality of the videos that are produced along with how informative they might be?

What a myopic attitude.

Great Hair

Banned
Am I wrong? I am happy to be wrong if you have any info on their backgrounds? I am going by their bio's only.

y4uXNJn.png

Definition of journalist
1a : a person engaged in journalism especially : a writer or editor for a news medium

Uploading videos to youtube ain´t "journalism". The only one (really) writing is Readbetter (have to admit, i don´t read their articles. Looks like John also has some written ones). And i use "writing" loosely here. They´re at best vbloggers. media reporters.

To be a video game reporter, vblogger, youtuber, "fake journalist" does not require to have any degree, just a gaming background and be able to write it down so others can understand it.

I still wouldnt call them journalists in the traditional sense of researching, writing, investigative, being it politics, laws, news ...

Last edited:

Resenge

Definition of journalist
1a : a person engaged in journalism especially : a writer or editor for a news medium

Uploading videos to youtube ain´t "journalism". The only one writing is Readbetter. And is use "writing" loosely here. They´re at best vbloggers.
Well some say they have journalistic backgrounds so I am going by that.

Azurro

Banned

Wow, you are accusing someone of being a fanboy? You? Really? Have you heard of the term "self awareness"? Because you seem to be devoid of it.

Md Ray

Wow. What an immature behavior and baseless fanboy accusations.

Last edited:

Cherrypepsi

I encourage you to have a look at his PS4 pro vs Xbox One X comparisons where he points out all of the pro's shortcomings, but hey, what a fanboy

Haven't watched it yet but it's probably bad news.

Edit: Well I was wrong. Seems like the patched fixed many of the XSX issues and the game is pretty much the same on the PS5. They basically came to the same conclusion that NXgamer did. It's s good thing they fixed most of thay tearing though.

Last edited:
I think Concern Concern owes NXGamer NXGamer an Apology.

Yep, you were wrong with your bullshit Concern Concern , calling out someone for being a fanboy, this digital foundry video confirms it.

Nxgamer did a stellar job and you were blatantly wrong, do the right thing thanks.

Well John did say he did have some sort of issue but all he needed to do was restart the system. At least people know what to do if the patch starts to give them issues.

sircaw

Banned
Well John did say he did have some sort of issue but all he needed to do was restart the system. At least people know what to do if the patch starts to give them issues.

i just think it's extremely wrong to call someone out like that, i have watched the last couple of videos from him, the analysis had been excellent, well thought out, and well beyond some of the other channels.

To start throwing shade like he only has 50k subs and he's a fanboy is pretty low.

I mean the guy posts here, what if he ends up getting pissed of like dark did and we lose another tech guy from this site

this is not some fanboy back and forth drivel between me and a xbox person, this is a guy who is making a living via these videos, this is his credibility which he is tarnishing.

it ain't cool and I think an apology is in order.

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly

What’s your choice of console if I may ask?

Romulus

I'm a bit surprised that none of these patches are showing XSX with a clear lead. I could understand the launch games are rushed out, but they're getting extra time to refine these games and the results are not that much different, and in some cases post-patch, it benefits PS5.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
I'm a bit surprised that none of these patches are showing XSX with a clear lead. I could understand the launch games are rushed out, but they're getting extra time to refine these games and the results are not that much different, and in some cases post-patch, it benefits PS5.

Why are you surprised? Becuz teraflops?!

Romulus

We all just fell for marketing speak.

Looks like there is more to computers than teraflops after all. Like a lot of smart people have been saying all along.

I mean for consoles it's not that crazy to imagine the machine with more Teraflops would have better results. The pro/x1x, ps4 and Xb1 were about in line with the gap in TF. of course theres more to this story.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I mean for consoles it's not that crazy to imagine the machine with more Teraflops would have better results. The pro/x1x, ps4 and Xb1 were about in line with the gap in TF. of course theres more to this story.

You are quoting someone being a bit harsh with you, but I agree, I also expected a modest lead on every Xbox game as well. I was expecting it to be either a small framerate advantage or a bit higher resolution, but I expected it to be there for sure. I'm guessing that there must be some sort of bottleneck somewhere in the Series X, perhaps the SDK on PS5 is much more efficient due to only being one platform instead of 5 like on Xbox, or the PS5 caching gives it a much bigger advantage than initially expected.

I'd love to know, honestly.

sircaw

Banned

I think even Mark Cerny said we need to stop using Tflops as a measurement, as there are so many things going on with machines today.

also, there have been a couple of Game developers that have said it too, for some reason we as people keep ignoring them.

All we should be doing now, is concentrating on the games and their quality and experiences, that's what we are all here for, fuck these companies with their pr shit and spin.

MastaKiiLA

He's pushing consoles wars hard to get his subs up. But 1m - 50k lol. He's basically a flea to an elephant regardless of his baity videos.
NXG and VGT have a fraction of the subs that DF has, but they're also relatively newer to the scene. Still, they provide very good analysis. VGT with no commentary, and a fantastic spreadsheet to accompany each video. NXG with top-notch commentary. For some people, this is a side-gig, and NXG doesn't have the luxury of getting free kit from all the manufacturers he covers. So at least we can feel comfortable that he maintains a certain level of independence, and if you don't like his analysis, don't watch it. I sub to all 3 channels, and find them all useful in their own ways. If the consensus from all 3 points in the same direction, then I feel that's pretty conclusive. YMMV.

Top Bottom