• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXGamer first look at XboxOne version of Just Cause 3 (hint: it's baaaaaad)

ViciousDS

Banned
consoles are hardware, they are what they are. "shaming" isn't the word, they aren't people.

that said I still think the APU choice was a pretty good compromise as the truth is a lot of games just don't push the CPU all that much relative to GPU. this one does it seems.

I could see physics in the future being completely pushed to the cloud at this point due to some developers ambitions. I think crackdown 3 is doing it.....although we haven't seen much she the last demo on it. But cloud computing would help greatly for a game like this.

J_Viper

Considering JC2 was pretty solid on last-gen, this is quite the disappointment.

I know it's a new studio and all, but good god man.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I could see physics in the future being completely pushed to the cloud at this point due to some developers ambitions. I think crackdown 3 is doing it.....although we haven't seen much she the last demo on it. But cloud computing would help greatly for a game like this.

Unless you got disconnected. Which is already unfortunate as the game is getting shit for a bug which logs you out every time you loose connection because it keeps trying to go online for reward stats

Mastperf

They've know what hardware would be in these consoles for years. The developer or publisher is at fault for all of these poorly performing games.

Oppo

we need the console versions to leverage more of those compute units I think. that's basically where any headroom is.

MMaRsu

Banned
Cool, guess I'm going for ps4 right now.

Dude ps4 is no better at all, massive framedrops, no AA and horrible loading times.

I am playing it on ps4, technically its trash.

Buy it in a few months when this shit is patched because the game itself is legit and a lot of fun.

Inuhanyou

Dude ps4 is no better at all, massive framedrops, no AA and horrible loading times.

Buy it in a few months when this shit is patched because the game itself is legit and a lot of fun.

That's the biggest problem right there. Not the consoles, but the 'launch first patch later' mentality. Witcher 3 is working fine after like 6 months. That shit is unacceptable.

Despite some of the noted issues, the bad thing is the game sits in the low 20s for 30 seconds just taking down a small base. The odd drop around a heavy scene I could accept but this is a fundamental part of the game.

I don't know why Devs can't sacrifice graphics for the sake of fps. So weird.

I feel most players don't really see it or care enough judging by the comments of early players, hence why devs lean on 20-30fps that was so prevalent last gen. Plus you get to add more to the game. If most see its fine or they adapt then who's to argue.

Durden77

I don't think we have an actual framerate test video around yet, but seems like a shitshow all around as well:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1147349

Seems to be some debate on whether that has to do with the servers or not. Although this video saying load times got up to 15 minutes at times is disheartening.

I have the ps4 version, there is no tearing but def framedrops all over the place and i will say it drops below 20 too sometimes

Thanks. Once again, a shame, but not a deal breaker for me. Dips were all over the place on the 360 version of JC2 and it never detracted from my fun. Hopefully they can patch it up though.

KDC720

Really hoping they can fix this up. XB1 is my only option for this game, and it would be a shame if these problems aren't addressed.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

You know that sounds terrible but...I'm sitting at 70 hours for Fallout 4 on PS4 and having a blast.

Then again it's nowhere near the fast pace of JC3 so slowdown would significantly hamper that game more.

Gah, this sucks. Might wait till they patch it up a bit.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
PC version looks fine from everything I've seen. Such a late in the year release, they probably did everything they could to get it out the door. I'd wait for a few patches if I only had consoles.

ODDI

Just great I was wondering to pick this up as my last game for the year may as well get FO4.

PC version looks fine from everything I've seen. Such a late in the year release, they probably did everything they could to get it out the door. I'd wait for a few patches if I only had consoles.

Yeah, check out the GiantBomb EX quicklook. PC version looks fucking amazing.

Eusis

consoles are hardware, they are what they are. "shaming" isn't the word, they aren't people.

that said I still think the APU choice was a pretty good compromise as the truth is a lot of games just don't push the CPU all that much relative to GPU. this one does it seems.
Guessing this might also be a case where PCs that are roughly console-equivalent due to video cards (IE 560 Tis paired with higher end i5s/i7s) are going to curbstomp this relative to consoles. Or at least perform more evenly on a whole.

Madness

Any word on the PS4 version?

This is a damn shame, but I'm picking it up regardless. Framerate dips didn't stop me in in JC2 and won't stop me here. Game's too damn fun.

They're saying processor is a limitation so since it's identical and clocked lower in PS4, I'd expect sort of the same issues disregarding the stronger gpu/better RAM. Just a shame.

MMaRsu

Banned
That's the biggest problem right there. Not the consoles, but the 'launch first patch later' mentality. Witcher 3 is working fine after like 6 months. That shit is unacceptable.

I asked like 4/5 times on Twitter already to @justcause if they will patch the game to improve ps4 performance and adress fps drops or say something but they just ignore people who have actually bought their game sadly.

eshwaaz

Game is gorgeous.

Looks to me it was rushed out to make it before Christmas. Another few months of optimizing and this could've been a solid 30 FPS
The game actually went gold in October. It's baffling that they didn't spend more time optimizing.

This comment is recurrent every generation.
If the visuals standards are higher each gen, the average frame rate will always (or almost all the time) be the same.

But there are plenty of great looking games each gen that perform just fine.

This isn't only about crazy graphics, it's also devs putting out broken, unoptimized games.

How, jc2 ran like a dream on consoles and on low end pcs and looked damn good at the time of release. Sky boxes and non urban environments still look great today, especially when you take in to account the world size :/

Mastperf

I would recommend everyone waiting on this until it's seen some patches. I doubt the developers themselves actually wanted to release it in this state but the men in charge have the power. People need to start taking a stand against this or it will only get worse.

Guymelef

Console version is a mess. AC Unity has lost the trophy.
Good work Avalanche New York.

How, jc2 ran like a dream on consoles and on low end pcs and looked damn good at the time of release. Sky boxes and non urban environments still look great today, especially when you take in to account the world size :/

Different studio.

ViciousDS

Banned
we need the console versions to leverage more of those compute units I think. that's basically where any headroom is.

You talking about GPGPU and offloading CPU tasks to the graphics processor? This would make up for a weaker CPU in the consoles. Highly doubt any studios outside of the console exclusives are even using these methods.

MMaRsu

Banned
You know that sounds terrible but...I'm sitting at 70 hours for Fallout 4 on PS4 and having a blast.

Then again it's nowhere near the fast pace of JC3 so slowdown would significantly hamper that game more.

Gah, this sucks. Might wait till they patch it up a bit.

Dude its not even comparable to fo4. I have played probably around the same amount of fo4 as that and havent come across anything as terrible as the fps drops in Just Cause 3. Its honestly a worse technical mess than anything ive seen on the system

Inuhanyou

I asked like 4/5 times on Twitter already to @justcause if they will patch the game to improve ps4 performance and adress fps drops or say something but they just ignore people who have actually bought their game sadly.

Just like Pete Hines.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

but I have to get one, there's a steelbook at target!

Which one is the least bad? lol

Tagyhag

Seems like a CPU bottleneck + rushing out the product for the holidays.

At least it can improve with patches!

Edit: I feel dirty for saying that, but that's what we've been reduced to in this gen.

bender

What time is it?
As Avalanche always had multiple studios? Maybe doing JC3 and Mad Max was just too much for them to tackle.

MMaRsu

Banned
Seems to be some debate on whether that has to do with the servers or not. Although this video saying load times got up to 15 minutes at times is disheartening.

Thanks. Once again, a shame, but not a deal breaker for me. Dips were all over the place on the 360 version of JC2 and it never detracted from my fun. Hopefully they can patch it up though.

I dont remember much dips on JC2 at all and I played a bit last month. It also looked GREAT for a 360 title. Going through a shadowy forest in a cop car with sirens on looked amazing back in the day.

Im a fan of these games but the performance on ps4 is horrible when any action is going down

Top Bottom