• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXGamer first look at XboxOne version of Just Cause 3 (hint: it's baaaaaad)

Hip Hop

Yeah, the PS4 versions struggles with explosions and action too.

Wondering how the PC game will handle it.

Memory leaks that cause 15 minutes long loading times, consistent sub 30 framerate whenever some serious action is going on and 900p. Yikes.

hawk2025

It's not only pretty consistently below 30, but it persistently hits the low 20s and even high teens on every single even moderately sized action scene shown in the video.

You know, the main appeal of Just Cause in the first place.

Somnia

Have we heard/seen much on the PS4 version? I remember reading it had crazy load times too which makes me think it has the memory leak too?

Jigolo

Game is gorgeous.

Looks to me it was rushed out to make it before Christmas. Another few months of optimizing and this could've been a solid 30 FPS

ViciousDS

Banned
Game is gorgeous.

Looks to me it was rushed out to make it before Christmas. Another few months of optimizing and this could've been a solid 30 FPS

Yes...square probably wanted them to not have a delay. This seems like it should have been optimized more console wise. Most likely it will be fixed in the next few months.

I got xenoblade next week.....so looks like I'll wait to pick this one up.

Banned
These consoles man, developers need to tone down their scope.

I guess that leak that broken games trend was gonna continue was true. Ironically it wasn't assassins creed.

ViciousDS

Banned
BTW what version are reviewers getting? It would be jarring if there is no mention on the console reviews if there are no major performance issues.

15 minute load time after playing for an hour he said around 5 minutes. Holy hell.

Yeah, that blew my mine. I heard the PS4 version is also having issues with slow downs and terrible load times?

I planned on getting the PC versions since its cheap, hopefully it performs great which it seems to be from footage and other impressions.

Durden77

Any word on the PS4 version?

This is a damn shame, but I'm picking it up regardless. Framerate dips didn't stop me in in JC2 and won't stop me here. Game's too damn fun.

Somnia

These consoles man, developers need to tone down their scope.

I guess that leak that broken games trend was gonna continue was true. Ironically it wasn't assassins creed.

Haha the funny thing is Assassin's Creed turned out to be one of the better holiday games too, unfortunately sales are hurt due to Unity. I'm having a great time with Syndicate.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BTW what version are reviewers getting? It would be jarring if there is no mention on the console reviews if there are no major performance issues.

We had a choice so I figure most people did. I'm reviewing PC.

This is incredibly disappointing (and odd!) considering how well optimised Just Cause 2 was for consoles regarding how amazing it looked (and still does, particularly the sea + lighting) and how stable the performance was (from what I can remember so rose tinted glasses etc).

I really hope they patch it up; it's even more puzzling considering it went gold like a month and a bit ago so there shouldn't have been any reason for this in that they had time to patch it, or it shouldn't have gone gold until they fixed it (for which again they had time to). I know it's first time on new hardware and all, but damn has the engine not held up well. Perhaps it was too well optimised for last gen (or it may be an entirely new engine for all I know)!

Or just tone down the 'splosions a little lol.

MMaRsu

Banned
Any word on the PS4 version?

This is a damn shame, but I'm picking it up regardless. Framerate dips didn't stop me in in JC2 and won't stop me here. Game's too damn fun.

I have the ps4 version, there is no tearing but def framedrops all over the place and i will say it drops below 20 too sometimes

ViciousDS

Banned
We had a choice so I figure most people did. I'm reviewing PC.

I imagine the game does run on a mid spec PC insanely well. However a mid spec CPU now.....destroys anything in these consoles. Look at how well some 2011 i5's run compared to the laptop style ones in the console. They really should have put at least a halfway decent processor in the consoles.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Memory leaks are just bad programming in general...no way that shit should be acceptable

Oppo

What's with all the console shaming suddenly?

consoles are hardware, they are what they are. "shaming" isn't the word, they aren't people.

that said I still think the APU choice was a pretty good compromise as the truth is a lot of games just don't push the CPU all that much relative to GPU. this one does it seems.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If there are memory leaks it is likely they will exist on all versions.

Super disappointing.

Hip Hop

And this isn't the same studio that made Just Cause 2, right?

Wonder why the switch, if this is their flagship.

Top Bottom