• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF '16 Meetup #$2.75: The calm before the New York Comic Con storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too familiar with how parking works around there but I think if you were to park along the waterfront along Noble St in Greenpoint, you should be fine. I think you should avoid the main roads like Metropolitan Ave since there's probably going to be no parking space around there.

I'm not going to can it considering that I'm willing to take up half of my day to do this. If it's a small gathering, then it's fine. Conversely, if it ends up being a decent showing where lurkers suddenly show up, then that's good too.

thanks Jhoan!

I'm busier than I thought this afternoon so I'm gonna have to skip the brewery. Still should be able to get to The Commodore in time, though.

Jhoan

JcbMBmw.jpg

Well Fuck. It's been two years since I went to one of these. Been away for Basic training and haven't been out in forever so yea I guess I will see you guys at 8:00 o'clock. Hope to see some familiar faces and 3am Halal guys trip.

Jhoan

I'm with Pein and a GAF lurker. A certain Asian dude. Bought some beer tokens so gonna be here a while getting the beer drank on.

Jhoan

Party grows by 1 with a lurker. Said he has a FFVII and not Lulubop. Kinda loud in here SO I can't hear his GAF name.

Does the L train still run? I'm going to train it
Just finished by obligations going to head to commodore by 8:40 ish
Hopefully I find you guys :)

Errands took longer than I thought. Probably won't get to The Commodore til around 9. Bronx commutes and all that.

Hopefully the 4 isn't doing that "Yeah, we're gonna go local to Brooklyn Bridge" shit this weekend. It's the quickest way I have to the L.

Jhoan

2 panama hats by the bar. I'm wearing a ponytail. Look for the Asian dude wearing a Panama hat and a Hispanic dude wearing said hat next to a black dude with orange glasses on his head.

Goddamit! If only I'd have seen the thread before :( I wanted to come so bad.
Been living here for the last 3 years almost & no friends :( Missing my old social life..
Is there gonna be a nycc meetup though?
I work few blocks far from javits center & was promised an exhibitor badge by a javits employee so I'll definitely be there & would like to meet nyc gaf people :)
#foreveralone

Jhoan

Goddamit! If only I'd have seen the thread before :( I wanted to come so bad.
Been living here for the last 3 years almost & no friends :( Missing my old social life..
Is there gonna be a nycc meetup though?
I work few blocks far from javits center & was promised an exhibitor badge by a javits employee so I'll definitely be there & would like to meet nyc gaf people :)
#foreveralone
Come to Union Pool on Metropolitan and all will be well. We took over a whole table and got Crayons in thanks to Phil.

Dunno about during NYCC since I'm gonna he super busy working all weekend and I'm usually with my Crew family. It's hard. I'll let Fallengorn make the call on that. Signal is shitty as fuck at Javits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom