• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF '16 Meetup #$2.75: The calm before the New York Comic Con storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come to Union Pool on Metropolitan and all will be well. We took over a whole table and got Crayons in thanks to Phil.

Dunno about during NYCC since I'm gonna he super busy working all weekend and I'm usually with my Crew family. It's hard. I'll let Fallengorn make the call on that. Signal is shitty as fuck at Javits.

Such a bad timing Man, just saw the thread & i'm in the bus going in NJ lol. It wasn't meant to happen for me, I'll make sure to check daily for any info regarding any possible nycc meetup, & i know the reception pain in javits. U guys have fun & see u next time :)

Jhoan

Such a bad timing Man, just saw the thread & i'm in the bus going in NJ lol. It wasn't meant to happen for me, I'll make sure to check daily for any info regarding any possible nycc meetup, & i know the reception pain in javits. U guys have fun & see u next time :)
Otherwise, the NYC GAF thread is the best place to be for smaller meetups.

Like he said, not too late. Its barely 10:25 and this is probably gonna last a while. Am still going to halal guys/white castle aftet midnight.

Jhoan

Thanks to everyone that popped in and out last night! Last night confirmed that the fall chill is here and hipsters sure do love their cigarettes so it was fascinating to watch. I found it funny that Toronto GAF had a meetup concurrently on the same weekend so one of these years two North American cities will meet. Hopefully ginger ninja sobered up.

To anyone who's going to NYCC, I'll see you guys in 1.5 weeks. Otherwise, feel free to continue discussion in the NYC GAF thread once discussion in this thread eventually peters out. I took a candid potato cam shot that I'll post from my phone at a later point.

If I were to do one last big meetup before the year's end, it would most like be for December since November is a pretty "quiet" month. It is the start of GAF Secret Santa which is a great treat for the community. I'll open the door for anyone who would be eager to organize the December one. Expect more pictures to be uploaded from other folks.

kooplar

It was nice meeting all you guys! Also, some guy was semi-jacking off on the subway so all I can say is: the rumors were true. Welcome to NYC!

Crayons

Banned
It was nice meeting all you guys! Also, some guy was semi-jacking off on the subway so all I can say is: the rumors were true. Welcome to NYC!
your first subway wanker, huh?

My train car had a guy with a leg that looked like it was decomposing. And he was scratching it.

Lulubop

I got kinda caught up lol.

The last thing I remember was Makai passing me by and telling me something I didn't comprehend. When I went to close my tab, everyone was gone. Still I had a fun time with my date winky face.

Also I think I just saw Junior lurker member from crown heights at a bar on ave B....

Jhoan

Likwise! The weather is getting much more chillier as the sun goes down earlier so enjoy checking out the neighborhoods before the temperatures take a dip.

Strangely enough, I've never encountered that before for all the times I see it on the news or in websites and I'm pretty observant on the subway.
You're one to talk lol. But great work on the meetups man. You single handedly running this shit.
Hahaha, it was the reverse effect for me though sobering up as the night wore on which kind of made things a bit boring. I was surprised to see how acquainted you were with alcohol after your initial introduction to the vice a few years back. A stray observation for sure since it was fascinating how much some of the older regulars have morphed including Pein's weight loss. You're being too modest since sometimes I ask myself how I can keep this going for until I find myself having virtually no time to to do it or decide to do a work abroad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom