• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC-GAF Meet-up: GAF at The Gaf (2/18/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhoan

Woke up with a headache that I chased away with an aspirin but I'm fine. My bag is not with me and I paid 27 bucks for a cab ride. I hope one of you guys has my bag. There's a bunch of important stuff in there including my passport and sketchbook.

Crayons

Banned
Woke up with a headache that I chased away with an aspirin but I'm fine. My bag is not with me and I paid 27 bucks for a cab ride. I hope one of you guys has my bag. There's a bunch of important stuff in there including my passport and sketchbook.
I woke up with a headache too except it was in the hospital

Does anyone have my wallet

Peltz

A few of you who were pretty sauced are probably waking up like:

hungover-o.gif

Jhoan

hungover-o.gif
Pretty much. I want to sit down and use the laptop but I can't because lying down feels better at the moment until the aspirin fully kicks in. Weirdly enough, I have one of the castle music from Dragon Quest VII stuck in my head. My 3DS is within arm's reach.

I seem to recall a major announcement from someone who's planning on moving to Seattle to follow the programming/coding scene.

Crayons

Banned

hungover-o.gif

Like the .gif but worse

Damn son! I hope you have Medicaid or something so you don't get slapped with a bill.

No worries! It happens. Hopefully you're fine now.

I don't have medicaid, gonna get billed for this fuuuuuuuck

I have a major headache and I feel like absolute trash wow

I deadass said that I was only gonna have one or two drinks when I went out today

Jhoan

I feel like puking but I can't for crap possibly because I haven't eaten anything yet to trigger it.

It seems like several people had personal items go missing. The million dollar question is who has it? Hopefully it's being kept safe.

bob page

I feel like puking but I can't for crap possibly because I haven't eaten anything yet to trigger it.

It seems like several people had personal items go missing. The million dollar question is who has it? Hopefully it's being kept safe.
Damn feel better man. I don't think I saw you with a bag the entire night- even at GAF. I remember seeing a coat lying around at one point but that was it.

Jhoan

Damn feel better man. I don't think I saw you with a bag the entire night- even at GAF. I remember seeing a coat lying around at one point but that was it.
I'm much better now. My stomach has been bubbling like a cauldron but strangely enough, it's been gas.

I swear I had it with me at that other bar. It had a purple lanyard on it. I might have to call the bar to see if anyone saw it last night. Maybe someone else there can speak to its fate. I thought Phil had it. The coat was Phil's.

Jhoan

Jhoan is Jipan, correct?

Looked like fun. I was hanging with a good bud yesterday so I couldn't make it.
Fixed but correct. I'm staying far, far away Trader Joe's box of wine. Never again.

Phil is requesting that the embarrassing picture be removed. If anyone else took pictures that included me or him, please refrain from posting them. We would both appreciate it.

Edit: I took some pics but they're blurry for the most part. I'll sift through them.

Penguin

Last night could have gone smoother

Yeah, Jhoan think folks looked for your bag when you mentioned it here and no one saw it. And didn't see anything at The Gaf, but who knows.

And no idea when we lost Crayons.

Makai

You were in the subway station with us on the way to Barcade. I had already told you to just go home since you were wasted and you wouldn't make it into Barcade anyway. You couldn't figure out how to swipe in - probably using your credit card or something. So we left you there.

Crayons

Banned
You were in the subway station with us on the way to Barcade. I had already told you to just go home since you were wasted and you wouldn't make it into Barcade anyway. You couldn't figure out how to swipe in - probably using your credit card or something. So we left you there.

I don't even remember leaving Jolly Monk

oh my goddddd I hope I didn't make a fool of myself

Wait, what? The hospital?

I remember drinking at Jolly Monk, not too long after having a cigarette outside and chugging four loko outside at the same time, and then waking up and being asked if I knew where I was at the hospital

Jhoan

Last night could have gone smoother

Yeah, Jhoan think folks looked for your bag when you mentioned it here and no one saw it. And didn't see anything at The Gaf, but who knows.

And no idea when we lost Crayons.
So my leads are The Gaf, Jolly Monk, and the cab I was in last night. I wonder how I would gain access to a number for the latter. I have a feeling that someone found it and kept it but I won't find out until I make some calls.

It sounds like you guys had a wild night after Jolly Monk. I won't be getting that wasted like that for a while.

Edit: The bag is in Jolly Monk. I need to go pick it up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So my leads are The Gaf, Jolly Monk, and the cab I was in last night. I wonder how I would gain access to a number for the latter. I have a feeling that someone found it and kept it but I won't find out until I make some calls.

It sounds like you guys had a wild night after Jolly Monk. I won't be getting that wasted like that for a while.

Apparently there's a website for stuff lost in a cab

https://nycyellowcabs.com/report-lo...1mhfnnsQhgGnl_O_wSbpuR0yGE1OKfgdvSBoCVxHw_wcB

There's a number on the page you can call.

bob page

Edit: The bag is in Jolly Monk. I need to go pick it up.

I don't think you had a bag with you when you got in the cab... just a coat. Might want to check with Jolly Monk to see if they found anything outside by that coat.

Penguin

I just called Jolly Monk and they have it. Crisis averted. I wouldn't think that anyone would take since there's nothing of value unless you count my drawings. I'll head down either later today or tomorrow. Thanks guys!

Great!

though honestly don't remember you with a bag

Speaking of the Jolly Monk... do you remember sitting down at the wrong table and talking to those strangers?

Jipan got shit faced again ? Color me surprised :p at least when I drink too much, I just pass out at the vemue, wake up in half hour and pretend like nothing happned.

Crayons

Banned
Most people were fine actually. Had a good time. Some great talks.

Numbers hustling strangers in MvC and his little victory dance.

Where was the wallet?

Is that everything accounted for now?

It was in a pocket of my jacket that I never use. Now I have everything except my headphones, but those were only $15 and I planned on getting new ones anyway so it's not the biggest deal

Jhoan

I mean, damn, how drunk did you guys get?
Enough that my brother has been getting a kick out of lurking in the thread. In all seriousness, a box of Trader Joe's wine has 13% ABV and 4 bottles of wine. Divide that by 2 people who drank it like water and you get the idea. It's not a good idea to drink wine to pre-game especially sans a meal and ideally shared with 4 or more people. The only time I'll drink wine now is with food and in small amounts at events.
Great!

though honestly don't remember you with a bag

Speaking of the Jolly Monk... do you remember sitting down at the wrong table and talking to those strangers?
Either you must have been buzzed or it was really dark because the bag has a purple Play Fair lanyard tied to one of the ends so it can stand out. :p

Yes I do. It was awkward as sin for them, embarrassing for me and you guys in retrospect. Did they say anything about it after I left?
Jipan got shit faced again ? Color me surprised :p at least when I drink too much, I just pass out at the vemue, wake up in half hour and pretend like nothing happned.
I think I would be terrified to wake up in a random girl's house or on the streets. Passing out in public is never a good option.
If drinking were a videogame, some gaffers obtained the high score and unlocked all possible achievements last night...
That's such a NeoGAF thing to say if I ever heard it. And what would be the hardest achievement to get?

I'll post some more closing thoughts at a later point and respond to anything else. Suffice to say, I'm glad everything turned out okay in the end after I went home.

Peltz

That's such a NeoGAF thing to say if I ever heard it. And what would be the hardest achievement to get?

Achievement Unlocked: Restless Passenger

Description:
Successfully break into a car to take a nap while shitfaced.

Jhoan

Achievement Unlocked: Restless Passenger

Description:
Successfully break into a car to take a nap while shitfaced.
That's news to me! Lulubop told me that apparently the owner of the car came out and surprisingly enough did not flip out. I guess he must be used to it.
This was my first one of these and you guys are absolutely nuts. Looking forward to the next one!
I don't think I met you since I take it that you joined in after everyone went to Barcade but there's always next time!
It was good meeting you guys

Glad you found your bag jhoan lol
I regret not sobering up at The Gaf but stuff happens. There's always another outing. I binged watched Stranger Things and it was great so I'll go get my bag tomorrow or on Tuesday.

So just some quick closing thoughts that I wanted to get to now that I'm on the laptop proper before this thread is hung up for good as discussion transitions to the NYC GAF until the next outing. I was planning on doing a pictograph drawing of the summary of last night as a post but I'll save it for the NYC GAF thread:

• Shocking news: Makai is thinking about packing up shop and going west for greener pastures! Whatever happens, I respect your decision and there's always a family here in the big old city. Seattle GAF is a solid bunch from what I've seen of their pictures at their meet ups so I'm sure you'll fit in well. Go chase those dreams man. PAX West and PAX Dev are out there so it's fitting.
  • If I offended anyone or did something dumb last night, I apologize. I know I got a bit crass with Peltz at The Gaf.
  • Five years in the books: The Gaf brought back the memories. I dunno if we'll ever be back again, but it felt good being back. It's a nice small place that I can see myself going back to on a date. The Gaf being the Cheers of GAF has a nice ring to it. I've changed quite a lot since that time so to bring it full circle where it all began was a way to reflect on it. Going to all these GAF meet ups made a lot more street smarter, got me outside of my comfort zone,and aware of the bar scene. For that, I'm thankful that these things have been going on as long as they have even without me, jason, Mully, TangMeng, -PXG-, and so many other peeps who have organized it in the past. As long as someone is passionate to take up the reigns, they'll keep going long after the old guard crew moves on. I'm accepting that one day I might not be able to make it to a meetup and that's okay but that day is not any time soon. This community has been another family to me and I mean it.
  • On a more positive note: I wanted to discuss all things CW TV shows and writing about comics with Penguin , the wacky world of Yakuza with David, catch up with number47, and online dating adventures with Peltz under better circumstances since I have my thoughts on it but there's always another outing.
  • Again, a huge thanks to bobpage for getting the cab and for all the water in the bar. The 27 bucks stung a bit but it was for the better in the grand scheme of things. I dunno what went down in Barcade so there's a few gaps to fill in there.
  • To anyone who hasn't come out to one yet, I'll paint the future for you: In one month's time the Switch will be out and good number of folks in this thread will will get one. I have a feeling we'll be seeing the Switch at a future meet up to come and playing 1, 2 Switch just like the ads envision it. Maybe that will be a good carrot in the stick to get you guys to literally come out and play.
  • It was a pleasure seeing all you guys doing all so well. Pelz's dramatic transformation from a baby faced guy wearing a suit to a five o'clock shadow was quite surprising to see in a good way a year later. Between now the next big meetup, my hair might be trimmed down a bit so who knows?
  • Phil made it out alive and recovered so your fears can be rest assured.
  • I'll be changing to a new avatar in the coming days. Either a recent picture or drawing a self-portrait just to give folks the heads up.
  • More pics next time is a promise for sure. Whether that means I bring a camera or use the phone.

I guess that's it from me. This is the longest I've written in a week. If only I could write this much for the website I write for. xD You'll find me in the usual threads but most of the time lurking in the big discussions on both sides. If anyone posts a picture in the Free Portrait Drawing thread, I'll definitely be more than happy to immortalize some you in my sketchbook in my "style." I'll post the pics I took in the NYC GAF thread. Until the next one, it's back to the drawing board to contemplate the next one. Be well and stay gold duders.
Jelly of all you guys that are going to be playing Breath of The Wild. :(

Peltz

That's news to me! Lulubop told me that apparently the owner of the car came out and surprisingly enough did not flip out. I guess he must be used to it.

I don't think I met you since I take it that you joined in after everyone went to Barcade but there's always next time!

I regret not sobering up at The Gaf but stuff happens. There's always another outing. I binged watched Stranger Things and it was great so I'll go get my bag tomorrow or on Tuesday.

So just some quick closing thoughts that I wanted to get to now that I'm on the laptop proper before this thread is hung up for good as discussion transitions to the NYC GAF until the next outing. I was planning on doing a pictograph drawing of the summary of last night as a post but I'll save it for the NYC GAF thread:

• Shocking news: Makai is thinking about packing up shop and going west for greener pastures! Whatever happens, I respect your decision and there's always a family here in the big old city. Seattle GAF is a solid bunch from what I've seen of their pictures at their meet ups so I'm sure you'll fit in well. Go chase those dreams man. PAX West and PAX Dev are out there so it's fitting.
  • If I offended anyone or did something dumb last night, I apologize. I know I got a bit crass with Peltz at The Gaf.
  • Five years in the books: The Gaf brought back the memories. I dunno if we'll ever be back again, but it felt good being back. It's a nice small place that I can see myself going back to on a date. The Gaf being the Cheers of GAF has a nice ring to it. I've changed quite a lot since that time so to bring it full circle where it all began was a way to reflect on it. Going to all these GAF meet ups made a lot more street smarter, got me outside of my comfort zone,and aware of the bar scene. For that, I'm thankful that these things have been going on as long as they have even without me, jason, Mully, TangMeng, -PXG-, and so many other peeps who have organized it in the past. As long as someone is passionate to take up the reigns, they'll keep going long after the old guard crew moves on. I'm accepting that one day I might not be able to make it to a meetup and that's okay but that day is not any time soon. This community has been another family to me and I mean it.
  • On a more positive note: I wanted to discuss all things CW TV shows and writing about comics with Penguin , the wacky world of Yakuza with David, catch up with number47, and online dating adventures with Peltz under better circumstances since I have my thoughts on it but there's always another outing.
  • Again, a huge thanks to bobpage for getting the cab and for all the water in the bar. The 27 bucks stung a bit but it was for the better in the grand scheme of things. I dunno what went down in Barcade so there's a few gaps to fill in there.
  • To anyone who hasn't come out to one yet, I'll paint the future for you: In one month's time the Switch will be out and good number of folks in this thread will will get one. I have a feeling we'll be seeing the Switch at a future meet up to come and playing 1, 2 Switch just like the ads envision it. Maybe that will be a good carrot in the stick to get you guys to literally come out and play.
  • It was a pleasure seeing all you guys doing all so well. Pelz's dramatic transformation from a baby faced guy wearing a suit to a five o'clock shadow was quite surprising to see in a good way a year later. Between now the next big meetup, my hair might be trimmed down a bit so who knows?
  • Phil made it out alive and recovered so your fears can be rest assured.
  • I'll be changing to a new avatar in the coming days. Either a recent picture or drawing a self-portrait just to give folks the heads up.
  • More pics next time is a promise for sure. Whether that means I bring a camera or use the phone.

I guess that's it from me. This is the longest I've written in a week. If only I could write this much for the website I write for. xD You'll find me in the usual threads but most of the time lurking in the big discussions on both sides. If anyone posts a picture in the Free Portrait Drawing thread, I'll definitely be more than happy to immortalize some you in my sketchbook in my "style." I'll post the pics I took in the NYC GAF thread. Until the next one, it's back to the drawing board to contemplate the next one. Be well and stay gold duders.
Jelly of all you guys that are going to be playing Breath of The Wild. :(

We're cool man. All is forgiven and the most important thing is that you and everyone else got home safe.

Nothing else matters. I'm glad I came out and met everyone again. Plus it was great to see some new faces.

jasonng

Guys, be safe.

These meet ups aren't meant to be an excuse for you guys to be irresponsible. Hold your liquor, enjoy the company of good people, and look out for each other. Don't be stupid because at the end you guys still represent GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom