• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYE: How are you spending your last gaming moments of 2020?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Genshin Impact and have been playing a lot for the past week. I don’t understand how this game is free. I don’t know why they didn’t pull the easy bait-and-switch paid then F2P or putting the newest map expansion behind a paywall.
they don't need to charge people to play. they are obviously making enough from selling currencies for people to buy characters and shit.

but yeah for a free game it's impressive. i'm loving it and haven't spent a single penny and don't plan to.

hemo memo

Gold Member
they don't need to charge people to play. they are obviously making enough from selling currencies for people to buy characters and shit.

but yeah for a free game it's impressive. i'm loving it and haven't spent a single penny and don't plan to.

I’m just glad they didn’t go the greedy easy route. I mean for completing the main quest alone you are getting your worth of a full game without spending a dime.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Got to Master in Gears 5 King of the Hill last night.

Bought Stronghold HD today for 80p on Steam, been playing that all morning. Still as good as ever. Got Stronghold Crusader HD as well for £1.50 but I’ll wait until I’ve finished the military campaign on the former first.

crozier

Trying to decide which game to start first. Help me decide GAF.

Sunset Overdrive (PC)
Jade Empire (PC)
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PC)
ICO (PS3)
Bloodrayne (PC)
Ni No Kuni

As for me, I will probably usher in the new year with Worms Rumble.

Last edited:

Cornbread78

Working until 11, so I'll get home, change and play some Spiderman remaster on PS5 and/or Lost Odyssey on my SerX.... Goodbye real world and shit year. Bring on 2021, I mean, it HAS to get better from here, right???

Jigsaah

Gold Member
My ma's birthday is on New Year's Day so I often spend NYE with her. I'll probably just grab my controller and phone and check out some games on Xcloud at her house.

McHuj

I’ve purchased sekiro again, this time on PSN. And I may try to platinum it after I just platinum’d Demon Souls.

DuckZilla

Neo Member
Been playing Witcher 3 for the first time over the holidays. Now reaching the end of Blood & Wine. About 90 hours in. I'll try to finish it tonight so I can move on for the next year. Next in line is Valhalla.

Yep. It's like a yearly thing i do. This time I pushed it this far into the last week as I had family over. And so far Hades has been legit. Loving it. Can't wait to try more!
I hope you enjoy it man!

I loved the game, but the journey towards the ending was far too long of a journey for me.

But regardless, my experience with it was excellent!

We're having a few friends over so probably Mario Kart 8 at some point. I did beat BOTW last night though and that was pretty awesome. What a great game.
Sounds like a blast! Enjoy your time with your friends :)

BOTW is definitely in my top 5 games to play when I get a switch.

Whether it lives up to the hype is a different story, but wanting to at least rationalise my own opinion on it is a must.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Holy Shit eyesabitdull eyesabitdull , pretty funny, but I'm having a buddy come over and bringing his PC, we plan on jumping into a Warhammer 2 co-op campaign for a few hours until midnight.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Playing Half Life: Alyx.

My Occulus Rift S arrived yesterday.

This game is the most incredible gaming experience I have ever had.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I've been banging my head against the wall in Flinthook, trying for months (probably close to a year, actually) to defeat the second string of pirates and their boss, Goldfeather. I could reach him ~80% of the time, but I could never put a reasonable dent in him.

Today I finally beat him! It unlocked the next pirate fleet as well as "Infinite Raid mode" which strings an infinite number of ships/levels together. I feel so pumped. 💪

Trying to decide which game to start first. Help me decide GAF.

Sunset Overdrive (PC)
Jade Empire (PC)
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PC)
ICO (PS3)
Bloodrayne (PC)
Jade Empire!

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Probably in bed. I dunno what happens today but I just feel very tired, hope it's not the kung-flu. :lollipop_sad_relieved:

Guess I'll watch something on my phone and have some rest.

[Sigma]

Brushing up my trash skills in Dragon ball FighterZ trying to get ready for when Super Baby 2 drops and i'm still on Ghost of Tsushima of course.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Just finished the mummy demastered some minutes ago. I just love these type of games.

Now i'm gonna watch the girl play new horizon and drink some beer.

Last edited:

lachesis

Dragon Quest XIs on Game Pass. I think I spent at least 120+ hours on it so far. Just started the 3rd and final phase of the game (well, techincally a postgame I guess) - and quite surprised of all the content they've put it in the game. Was hoping to wrap it up by NYE, but it's not happening... hoping to end it by mid Jan now.

Will most likely take a break once new year arrives and watch Cobra Kai S3 over the weekend...

Kuranghi

Maybe some more Arkham Origins, deliver some bat-smashes to the face as Christmas presents for some lucky thugs, also a good way into "I Am Dead" and really enjoying that but its the opposite mood really. Might just watch some more of The Expanse, ooh actually I have a new episode to watch! Woohoo!

Kuranghi

Dragon Quest XIs on Game Pass. I think I spent at least 120+ hours on it so far. Just started the 3rd and final phase of the game (well, techincally a postgame I guess) - and quite surprised of all the content they've put it in the game. Was hoping to wrap it up by NYE, but it's not happening... hoping to end it by mid Jan now.

Will most likely take a break once new year arrives and watch Cobra Kai S3 over the weekend...

So excited to start this, have it sitting right there in Steam, setup for crazy graphics. I want to finish Ghost of Tsushima first though since I've left that half finished for months now.

Coconutt

Currently playing Nioh 2 so will continue that when I get off work, was skeptical when it was on sale new for $10 but it's really good so far.

jm89

Getting my ass whooped by one of those witches in ac valhalla, who is almost 200 power levels above me.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Massive BBQ. Before I spent time setting up the damn saturn core in retroarch. Maybe I'll have luck next year...

Last edited:

desertdroog

Just finished Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order after having put it down last year when I got frustrated with Oggdo Bogdo. Next up will be Wasteland 3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom