• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nyko Perfect Shot is in stock, 14.99 - gamestop.com

robot

awesome - just ordered one.

was looking on ebay and looks like the price is slowly going back to normal. still $10 over retail though.

Xamdou

Just got Ghost Squad yesterday from the Amazon DOTD and using the plain old wii mote just don't feel right. Ordered one of these Nyko Perfect Shot just now ty and my Wii gun-play experience should be much better! :D

M3wThr33

Banned
Ghost Squad for a serious game.
HOTD 2+3 for an arcade easier romp.
RE:UC for a story catchup on the earlier RE games.

I don't care about the rest.

MoogPaul

This is a little off topic, but has anyone tried this from nyko:
41tRWLy5ZXL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It looks ridiculous but I think it might add the extra weight and bulkyness to the classic controller I've been looking for. Plus it's only 5 bucks on amazon Click.

anyone?

M3wThr33 said:
Ghost Squad for a serious game.
HOTD 2+3 for an arcade easier romp.
RE:UC for a story catchup on the earlier RE games.

I don't care about the rest.

I'll look for HOTD first. I always wanted to try it but the price of admission was too high for me back in those days.

tmarques

MoogPaul said:

It looks ridiculous but I think it might add the extra weight and bulkyness to the classic controller I've been looking for. Plus it's only 5 bucks on amazon Click.

anyone?

I'm confused - what is it supposed to do?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
tmarques said:

Provide a dual shock-like grip, anchors the remote to the CC, and ups the heft-factor a bit?

Perhaps?

Odrion

Banned
MoogPaul said:

anyone?
Bulky and in the way of your fingers.

MoogPaul

tmarques said:

I guess it's intention is to attach the classic controller to the wiimote because putting the wiimote in you lap or next to you is too punishing. I, however, like the extra size it adds to the classic controller with the grips and adding more weight as well. I find the classic controller to be too light and small.

oneHeero

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i ordered 2 for some double fisted HOTD action!
That sounds fun as heck.
I'd love for a FPS game to come out on the Wii were it let you dual-wield guns like that online or SP.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
MoogPaul said:
I guess it's intention is to attach the classic controller to the wiimote because putting the wiimote in you lap or next to you is too punishing. I, however, like the extra size it adds to the classic controller with the grips and adding more weight as well. I find the classic controller to be too light and small.

Heh, I actually find it a bit too thick. I try to hold it like a SNES pad but its not as ergonomic.

MoogPaul said:

anyone?
I have this, but I only use the handles. Attaching the Wii Remote to the back is a separate, optional piece. I have big hands, so the handles are perfect (while the Wiimote part got in the way when I tried having it attached). Recommended just for the handles if you feel you need them, as I do.

taku

Quick! Someone order me 2 of those and send 'em straight to Sweden-land! (I'll pay 20$ extra!)

NolbertoS

Bought 2 of those bad boys now..Thx Constanza and to think you were a MGS noob about a month ago and now, you've become one of us, meaning MGS foxhound fanboys :p

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
See, Nintendo, this is how you make a damn lightgun peripheral.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
taku said:
Quick! Someone order me 2 of those and send 'em straight to Sweden-land! (I'll pay 20$ extra!)

In stock at VG+ now, they're priced $19.99 (CND) though.
I'm biting the bullet.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
What's the verdict on the same thing but from Venom? I can get it at 12.99 euros, but only if the quality is good.

How well do light gun games work on the wii? I would only want a shell if there were light gun games out there that could be calibrated really well.

ProfessorLobo said:
How well do light gun games work on the wii? I would only want a shell if there were light gun games out there that could be calibrated really well.

dude, House of The Dead absolutely KILLS on the wii. IMO

ProfessorLobo said:

The Sega games come with calibration and its pretty much spot on, I can play just fine with the zapper with no reticule. So it should be damn near perfect with a perfect shot that allows you to really to aim down the sight.

c2morg

brain_stew said:
For UK GAFers Datel's seemingly exact replica of the perfect shot can be had for less than £7:

http://www.tgrav.com/ProductDetails.aspx?prodid=5909

wii_gun_small.jpg

nyko-perfect-shot-wii-20071213044444135-000.jpg

It looks to use the same mould and only differs in terms of colours. Amazon seem to be the only people stocking the perfect shot over here and its £13 plus delivery.

You can get the Venom wii gun which is also identical for £10 in HMV

I have 2 for HOTD, which rules everything when playing on your own with 2 guns :D

c2morg said:
You can get the Venom wii gun which is also identical for £10 in HMV

I have 2 for HOTD, which rules everything when playing on your own with 2 guns :D

I looked at the Venom gun and its definitely using a slightly different design/mould but seems to follow the same concept. So it works well then? Was a bit wary whether or not the trigger was any good after hearing bad stories about the PEGA one on DX but if its fine then, yeah that's worth going for. Its £7 at Amazon.

I've ordered a Perfect Shot and Datel clone now anyway so not much use for me, but certainly helpful for others.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Awesome. Now I can play House of the Dead the way it was meant to be played. :D

(And just in time for Target: Terror, too!)

Man, I would so buy two of these and HOTD at Circuit City if I were in the states right now. Damn, I hope some of these good deals are still around next month.

brain_stew said:
For UK GAFers Datel's seemingly exact replica of the perfect shot can be had for less than £7:

http://www.tgrav.com/ProductDetails.aspx?prodid=5909

It looks to use the same mould and only differs in terms of colours. Amazon seem to be the only people stocking the perfect shot over here and its £13 plus delivery.

Ah nice one. I was considering spending £18 on the PS from Komplett a few months ago as they were the only place i could find with them. £13 from Amazon for the Datel is a much better option :)

ImNotLikeThem said:
How the hell are you playing Red Steel with this? You need pretty much all of the buttons on the top of the wii remote.

It's not that bad really. Just use it for the non-sniper levels, and 'jumping' isn't really necessary in Red Steel. Reloading works just fine too.

MOH is where it's at though.

Top Bottom