• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

[NYT] An Urgent Reckoning for the Trump Brand

QSD

Nov 8, 2020
Amsterdam
www.quixoticsounddesign.com
I think both parties are on life support. If they don't evolve with the times, they will continue to use their power & energy to solely making the other party look bad, they will cease to be. I have the same level of disdain for both parties equally.

Now is a great time for the Republicans to rebrand. The Dems would need to shortly follow. I could easily see the creation of a viable 3rd or 4th party, given the divisions in both.
This is what I'm constantly hoping for, but I believe both existing parties are guilty of shenanigans to stop new parties from taking off. The 2-party, opposing-teams mindset is ultra toxic.

• Strength
Reactions: Maiden Voyage

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
New York Times gets zero journalism respect, and Trump will be much bigger than he’s ever been. I’m conservative but not particularly enamored with anyone, both parties are utter failures as public servants. At least Trump understood basics like needing borders, needing to build stuff, and unlike any president in my lifetime, he has a strong work ethic. Those days his dad had him work construction payed off. Biden needs to be sucking on a hard candy playing scrabble.

Last edited:

Vestal

Sep 26, 2007
Tampa FL
New York Times gets zero journalism respect, and Trump will be much bigger than he’s ever been. I’m conservative but not particularly enamored with anyone, both parties are utter failures as public servants. At least Trump understood basics like needing borders, needing to build stuff, and unlike any president in my lifetime, he has a strong work ethic. Those days his dad had him work construction payed off. Biden needs to be sucking on a hard candy playing scrabble.
Strong work ethic?? I thought I had seen it all.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
This.

Trump famously had nothing on his agenda. He would watch TV all day. He couldn't focus in meetings. He is the laziest president of all time by a landslide.

Yet the economy soared and unemployment plummented under him, and there were no wars started. Funny that.

Raven117

Oct 5, 2015
You believe this?

fart town usa

May 31, 2009
midwest
Strong work ethic?? I thought I had seen it all.
It's OK to dislike Trump and disagree with his politics and lifestyle but the man is a success story. Plain and simple. If you can't even acknowledge that without being partisan, than why should anyone pay attention to anything you have to say?

Reactions: solidsheelop

Vestal

Sep 26, 2007
Tampa FL
It's OK to dislike Trump and disagree with his politics and lifestyle but the man is a success story. Plain and simple. If you can't even acknowledge that without being partisan, than why should anyone pay attention to anything you have to say?

STRONG WORK ETHIC!?!?!?

come on. Like be real here. It’s over he is gone. No reason to stan for him anymore.

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
and unlike any president in my lifetime, he has a strong work ethic.
He spent more time in vacation than any president in history, demanded all his briefings fit on index cards, skips most of them anyway, and most of his daily schedule consists of watching TV. He is the laziest president of your lifetime.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarringGaffner

fart town usa

May 31, 2009
midwest
This.

Trump famously had nothing on his agenda. He would watch TV all day. He couldn't focus in meetings. He is the laziest president of all time by a landslide.
Why does hating Trump always involve delusion? You can dislike someone, even hate them, while still having a firm grip on reality. Trump wasn't lazy, not by a long shot.

fart town usa

May 31, 2009
midwest
STRONG WORK ETHIC!?!?!?

come on. Like be real here. It’s over he is gone. No reason to stan for him anymore.
I don't even know what stan means. I'm not even a Trump guy, I just don't live in an echo chamber fueled by delusion and hatred. Grow up.

Vestal

Sep 26, 2007
Tampa FL
I don't even know what stan means. I'm not even a Trump guy, I just don't live in an echo chamber fueled by delusion and hatred. Grow up.
Lol. Killing me here.

if you want to point to some of the crap he has done fine. But don’t try and claim he has good work ethic. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: fart town usa
Feb 3, 2015
Yet the economy soared and unemployment plummented under him, and there were no wars started. Funny that.
Yes he inherited all those trends directly from the Obama admin. Look what happened when he had to actually do something about a pandemic.

but I agree on no new wars. Let’s hope/demand that continues.

Yes a conman, terrible businessman who inherited everything became president. I guess It’s kind of a success story.

fart town usa

May 31, 2009
midwest
Yes he inherited all those trends directly from the Obama admin. Look what happened when he had to actually do something about a pandemic.

but I agree on no new wars. Let’s hope/demand that continues.

Yes a conman, terrible businessman who inherited everything became president. I guess It’s kind of a success story.
You're clearly partisan on this and we live in different realities as a result. Not much else to say to you.

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
He spent more time in vacation than any president in history, demanded all his briefings fit on index cards, skips most of them anyway, and most of his daily schedule consists of watching TV. He is the laziest president of your lifetime.

Yet he somehow got more done than any other president, and I had no idea you spent so much time with him. Might wanna keep that to yourself around here, hate to see you get cancelled.

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
Yet he somehow got more done than any other president, and I had no idea you spent so much time with him. Might wanna keep that to yourself around here, hate to see you get cancelled.
He got very little done. Other than tax reform and a prison bill that passed without the need for his approval (and which he initially resisted) he has no major legislative accomplishments and his administration has been a revolving door mess.

President's daily agendas are a matter of public record. Dude just watched TV and ate hamburgers and golfed. We basically had no president for four years.

Last edited:

Mahadev

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2007
Trump despite his idiocy and incompetence managed to threaten the international status quo and their plans for a neoliberal globalized corporatist future, they had already started preparing for it with their dystopian trade agreements (TPP and TTIP for anyone that doesn't remember). He will definitely be punished for it which is why he'll also stay in politics to keep some leverage, he's in for the long haul now whether he wants it or not.