NYT backs itself into a corner as it welcomes newest member of the New York Time's editoral board

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
There's some truth to your post, yes. I guess I was thinking more of you shouldn't feel guilty to be white. If someone likes being white, I could totally understand. I love being black for instance. If a Genie could change my race and my whole family's race, I'd turn him down because I love being black.

The reason is (to answer your question) being black in some cases comes with cultural things that you do, eat, and say. I wouldn't want to trade that cultural experience for nothing.
Cultural experience is also not bound by Race in m opinion but about the place you grew up.a Black person born in Germany will not adopt the same culture as a black Person in the Bronx. Myybe be proud of your origin which in the end combines everything.

mckmas8808

May 24, 2005
Cultural experience is also not bound by Race in m opinion but about the place you grew up.a Black person born in Germany will not adopt the same culture as a black Person in the Bronx. Myybe be proud of your origin which in the end combines everything.
You are not wrong per say. But in America (with the history and diversity of this country) things are different. Your race means alot more to your possible experiences that you'll have. Sure every black person isn't the same, but in many ways it can be a similar upbringing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
It shouldn't be. You should be proud to be white.
Nobody should be proud of anything that was out of their control from being born.

That sense of false Pride breeds the arrogance and ego in man that creates Supremacy since humbleness is not an innate trait but needs humility to learn it. And that goes for all Races and Creeds.

Pride should be reserved for accomplishments that you've succeeded with in life not something completely out of your control. Now if you want to pay respects and appreciate your heritage that's great, but to be prideful for something you had no control over is one of the fundamental roots of division.

Why don't we extend it further and say, I'm proud to be born a man, or I'm proud to be born with a silver spoon in my mouth, or I'm proud to be born poor; oh wait no one will ever say that, Etc.. It's a false sense of pride.

Last edited:

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
That is also why America seems so obsessed with race and why things are pretty aggressive. Also a reason why it will never change there

NahaNago

Aug 29, 2014
And see this is where I blame Hollywood, the news media in general, and social media for your lack of understanding. And some of it could be based on where you live, but there are 100s of thousands of black lawyers, doctors, and scientist. Like they are everywhere (where we live of course). Travel to Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Washington DC, New York, L.A., New Orleans, Baltimore, Kansas City, Atlanta, etc and you'll see them everywhere. And that's why representation matters. Especially in Hollywood.

I know of a black guy that I went to High School with that works for NASA at the moment. We are doing all of these jobs. It's one of the reasons why I loved the movie Hidden Figures so much.
This was more based on where I lived and when I was googling up the numbers for doctors and for lawyers I was merely going by the tv commercials that showed up with the morning news.

This was what I had googled for doctors : "Blacks made up just under 4 percent of practicing physicians, 6 percent of trainees in graduate medical education and 7 percent of medical school graduates. The overall population of the United States was 15 percent black in 2013, according to the U.S. Census Bureau." https://blackdoctor.org/463686/black-doctor-shortage/ There are also around a million doctors in the U.S.

For lawyers it is like 4% as well from the ABA National Lawyer Population Survey. Now from what I gathered there are like 1.3 million lawyers So I guess that would give us around 50 thousand black lawyers.

That is still kind of a small number of practicing doctors and lawyers.

mckmas8808

May 24, 2005
That is also why America seems so obsessed with race and why things are pretty aggressive. Also a reason why it will never change there
This may be true (no reason for me to run from your possible factual statements), but you have to understand that it's mainly due to the history of our nation that it's this way. This is all either taught directly or you learn it indirectly through your personal experiences or through shared experiences with your friends and/or family members.

This was more based on where I lived and when I was googling up the numbers for doctors and for lawyers I was merely going by the tv commercials that showed up with the morning news.

This was what I had googled for doctors : "Blacks made up just under 4 percent of practicing physicians, 6 percent of trainees in graduate medical education and 7 percent of medical school graduates. The overall population of the United States was 15 percent black in 2013, according to the U.S. Census Bureau." https://blackdoctor.org/463686/black-doctor-shortage/ There are also around a million doctors in the U.S.

For lawyers it is like 4% as well from the ABA National Lawyer Population Survey. Now from what I gathered there are like 1.3 million lawyers So I guess that would give us around 50 thousand black lawyers.

That is still kind of a small number of practicing doctors and lawyers.
It's small relative to the total number of people in America yes. But 15 percent of the total population is also a super small minority too. Now if you were to break those numbers down in cities where black people actually live.......you'll get a totally different story. Check on those numbers for these 3 cities, Washington DC, Atlanta, and Chicago. I bet you'll be surprised.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018
Why should you be proud to be white? black or whatever? Be proud of your accomplishments not of something you had no influence in. This goes also for your sexuality, your gender etc.
Being white is a part of who I am. Why shouldn't I be proud of that? Same for black people in my book. They should be proud of who they are.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
Being white is a part of who I am. Why shouldn't I be proud of that? Same for black people in my book. They should be proud of who they are.
Because it is not your accomplishment. I also wold not be proud of having rich parents. Be proud of what you have accomplished in Life not of what you did not,

Jun 30, 2018
Because it is not your accomplishment. I also wold not be proud of having rich parents. Be proud of what you have accomplished in Life not of what you did not,
Having rich parents is not a part of who you are though. I'm white and I'm proud of who I am. Black people should feel the same too.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
black is also not what you are. It is your enviroment, your friends etc. Being black in the US and black in Europe for example is totally different. I am neither proud not ashamed of being white.

Last edited:

Tapioca

Banned
Aug 17, 2017
Then the left should stop making the alt right look credible then, but the left hates white people far too much to do that.
Nothing makes the alt right look credible.

However, there are many low self confidence. angry people out there who feel like they don't matter/don't belong and are very susceptible to alt-right brainwashing propaganda. It's very similar to a cult.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
However, there are many low self confidence. angry people out there who feel like they don't matter/don't belong and are very susceptible to alt-right brainwashing propaganda. It's very similar to a cult.
You can literally swap “alt-right” for “alt-left” in that sentence and it would be even more accurate.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

That description is even more applicable to social justice ideologues...

Jun 11, 2004
what’s alt right?
bunch of idiots who self identified themselves.
The term "alt-right" was first used in November 2008 by self-described paleoconservative philosopher Paul Gottfried, addressing the H. L. Mencken Club about what he called "the alternative right".[52] This was republished in December under the title "The Decline and Rise of the Alternative Right"[53] in the conservative Taki's Magazine, making this the earliest published usage of the phrase in its current context according to Slate. In 2009, two more posts at Taki's Magazine (one by Patrick J. Ford and the other by Jack Hunter) further discussed the alternative right.[54] Since 2016, the term has been commonly attributed to Richard B. Spencer, president of the National Policy Institute and founder of Alternative Right.[23][55][56]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right#cite_note-56

LegendOfKage

Mar 6, 2018
There's some truth to your post, yes. I guess I was thinking more of you shouldn't feel guilty to be white. If someone likes being white, I could totally understand. I love being black for instance. If a Genie could change my race and my whole family's race, I'd turn him down because I love being black.

The reason is (to answer your question) being black in some cases comes with cultural things that you do, eat, and say. I wouldn't want to trade that cultural experience for nothing.
Well, at least you don't have a double standard on this. No one should feel shame for having any skin color, but I guess I can see being happy that you're white or black, based solely on being happy with your appearance. Just like someone might be happy to have blond hair or brown eyes. I guess that's even more the case if you're happy with the shade of your skin, because that's definitely going into aesthetic opinions rather than just race.

It's also interesting, and a little sad, that people are often unhappy with their skin color if they're at either end of the spectrum. White people with super pale skin, or black people with very dark skin.

Proud seems like something that should be reserved for accomplishments, though. At least in my opinion. And the cultural things seem more like environmental factors rather than simply skin color, but I do get what you're saying.

You can literally swap “alt-right” for “alt-left” in that sentence and it would be even more accurate.
That description is even more applicable to social justice ideologues...
I think it's accurate either way. You have "low self confidence. angry people out there who feel like they don't matter/don't belong and are very susceptible to" people who will welcome them almost without question, as long as they believe as the group does, and hate what the group hates.

But rather than "brainwashing propaganda," let's call it what it is. Groups of people who want to build themselves up by tearing others down. From basic racists, to the more hateful and negative social justice types, to angry judgmental religious people. They all have a lot more in common than they'd care to admit.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I think it's accurate either way. You have "low self confidence. angry people out there who feel like they don't matter/don't belong and are very susceptible to" people who will welcome them almost without question, as long as they believe as the group does, and hate what the group hates.

But rather than "brainwashing propaganda," let's call it what it is. Groups of people who want to build themselves up by tearing others down. From basic racists, to the more hateful and negative social justice types, to angry judgmental religious people. They all have a lot more in common than they'd care to admit.
I agree with you. But, I also agree that it is fair to call people who regurgitate rhetoric they see on social media and use trending internet buzzwords instead of using common sense and formulating their own opinions, brainwashed.

Jun 30, 2018

When the left spews anti white hate and the alt right points it out, that makes them look credible.

Tapioca

Banned
Aug 17, 2017
When the left spews anti white hate and the alt right points it out, that makes them look credible.
No it doesn't, at least towards people that aren't dumb. The NYT not firing a random racist asian broad is not going to turn me into a white nationalist.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
This isn't a contest. lmao.
You should tell yourself that then.

The alt-right loves that she was not fired so that they can use this as a talking point/recruit new members through their white victimization narrative.

I’m noticing a pattern...:pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Tapioca

Banned
Aug 17, 2017
You should tell yourself that then.

I’m noticing a pattern...:pie_thinking:
I don't.
You neglected to quote the post where I shit on the crazy left that hates white people.

You're just triggered because I shit on the alt-right.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I addressed the leftwing racetards on the last page.
I would say that the “some leftists” you refer to far outnumber the supposed “alt-right” which, as far as I can tell, consists of Richard Spencer, half a dozen 4chan autists, and a handful of Russian bots.

Tapioca

Banned
Aug 17, 2017
I would say that the “some leftists” you refer to far outnumber the supposed “alt-right” which, as far as I can tell, consists of Richard Spencer, half a dozen 4chan autists, and a handful of Russian bots.
I think both groups are rather small as most of the population doesn't really care about politics.

Wow, you really showed ‘em.

I totally believe that you are completely unbiased when it comes to this topic and you don’t consistently show otherwise.
I don't like any form of hateful dumb dumbs. IDK how I can make it anymore clear. If I shit on football that doesn't mean I'm a soccer fan. Unless you consider yourself alt-right why would my comments even matter at all to you?

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I think both groups are rather small as most of the population doesn't really care about politics.

I don't like any form of hateful dumb dumbs. IDK how I can make it anymore clear. If I shit on football that doesn't mean I'm a soccer fan. Unless you consider yourself alt-right why would my comments even matter at all to you?
Given that the indoctrination of the reciprocal leftist version of the alt-right is occurring through universities, I don’t share your optimism.

Why does it matter? Because I question whether the alt-right bogeyman even exists, at least in a form that could have any kind of widespread influence. I think it is used by the media to paint a picture that there are white nationalists lurking around every corner to whip people into a frenzy. I just don’t believe it, and I hope you can see why it’s an issue if the media is creating an unjustified moral panic.

Last edited:

Tapioca

Banned
Aug 17, 2017
Given that the indoctrination of the reciprocal leftist version of the alt-right is occurring through universities, I don’t share your optimism.
IDK I go to an American college and have experienced 0 of this. It's do your work, get a grade, pass class, onto the next one. Youtube vids of isolated incidents at a dozen colleges, when there are literally thousands of colleges do not represent reality. It sounds a lot like this alt-right boogeyman scenario you've bought into, just with leftists and colleges.

Why does it matter? Because I question whether the alt-right bogeyman even exists, at least in a form that could have any kind of widespread influence. I think it is used by the media to paint a picture that there are white nationalists lurking around every corner to whip people into a frenzy. I just don’t believe it, and I hope you can see why it’s an issue if the media is creating an unjustified moral panic
IDK how many of them are out there. It's not huge, but stormfront doesn't exactly have that of a small user base. I will talk shit about them because I think they are dumb dumbs. If this triggers you then you need to reevaluate your thinking. If you aren't alt right, they surely wouldn't go out of there way to try to defend you. They'd call you a cuckservative or whatever other buzzword is hot at the moment. You're wasting your time unless you consider yourself to be one.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
IDK I go to an American college and have experienced 0 of this. It's do your work, get a grade, pass class, onto the next one. Youtube vids of isolated incidents at a dozen colleges, when there are literally thousands of colleges do not represent reality. It sounds a lot like this alt-right boogeyman scenario you've bought into, just with leftists and colleges.

IDK how many of them are out there. It's not huge, but stormfront doesn't exactly have that of a small user base. I will talk shit about them because I think they are dumb dumbs. If this triggers you then you need to reevaluate your thinking. If you aren't alt right, they surely wouldn't go out of there way to try to defend you. They'd call you a cuckservative or whatever other buzzword is hot at the moment. You're wasting your time unless you consider yourself to be one.
You’re just not paying attention then.

Jun 11, 2004
How big is the alt right?
I don't care?

Your devolving into the same shit you do all the time.

The fact of the matter is that the alt right moniker was self appointed and the alt left one was given in an attempted to say "both sides" are the same.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

May 24, 2005
So weird to me that some people want to make the alt-right seem like 50 people in America, whereas they want to then act like every college in America has 20,000 crazy "left-tards" or "SJWs" just walking and screaming at people on campus. And to see that person honestly think they are totally unbiased, is like mind-blowing. They can't see how crazy that all is.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
So weird to me that some people want to make the alt-right seem like 50 people in America, whereas they want to then act like every college in America has 20,000 crazy "left-tards" or "SJWs" just walking and screaming at people on campus. And to see that person honestly think they are totally unbiased, is like mind-blowing. They can't see how crazy that all is.
When for example we talk about protests there are max like 100 people there and thousand or thousands of counter protesters. Same on social media or university you see them way more and being way more aggressive. Attacking panelists disturbing classes etc you do not see this at all from the right. The right is quite until the elections and then vote the left often acts like children loud children

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
When for example we talk about protests there are max like 100 people there and thousand or thousands of counter protesters. Same on social media or university you see them way more and being way more aggressive. Attacking panelists disturbing classes etc you do not see this at all from the right. The right is quite until the elections and then vote the left often acts like children loud children
I get what he's saying in principal. Not everyone who argues for left of center politics is unhinged but sometimes they are characterized that way by association. And that doesn't sit right. But your counter point is spot on too. When we see the alt right people its typically a handful of people standing around saying bad words, maybe even holding a weapon in right to carry states. But when was the last time they actually rioted? On the other hand, we see constant examples of mobs trying to start fights with them, tearing streets apart, attacking people / buildings / cars, etc. And rather than fiercly condemn them, they are propped up as being on the right side of history by and large. And anyone who is at the same place but not attacking them in mob fashion is then labeled a nazi. This coverage contributes almost all of the fuel to the fire that is over generalizing the left.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
This coverage contributes almost all of the fuel to the fire that is over generalizing the left.
You could clearly see this at this years charlottes ville or even Fergusson back then when you had more "journalists" and media than protestors and counter protestors together.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I’m simply looking at the numbers. How many Antifa showed up to the Charlottesville anniversary compared to alt-righters? Which one has a chapter in every major city of every Western country? I’m saying the alt-right is far smaller than its mirror image because that is what I have observed. I’m not picking sides based on political affiliation because I don’t have one. I’m pointing out the hypocrisy of the media constantly crying wolf over the alt-right bogeyman while ignoring Antifa, which is demonstrably larger and far more active. Nobody likes Richard Spencer, but many people (even here) are cheering on Antifa.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I don't care?

Your devolving into the same shit you do all the time.

The fact of the matter is that the alt right moniker was self appointed and the alt left one was given in an attempted to say "both sides" are the same.
And what shit would that be, my friend?

Seems to me you want to play dumb and pretend the “alt-left” doesn’t exist when it’s pretty clear that I’m criticising Antifa and co. Does Antifa not exist?

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
I’m simply looking at the numbers. How many Antifa showed up to the Charlottesville anniversary compared to alt-righters? Which one has a chapter in every major city of every Western country? I’m saying the alt-right is far smaller than its mirror image because that is what I have observed. I’m not picking sides based on political affiliation because I don’t have one. I’m pointing out the hypocrisy of the media constantly crying wolf over the alt-right bogeyman while ignoring Antifa, which is demonstrably larger and far more active. Nobody likes Richard Spencer, but many people (even here) are cheering on Antifa.
You underestimate how much people don't like these racist supremacist groups.

Meanwhile....

The American college campus, we are led to believe, is a dangerous place: If you say what you really think, particularly as a conservative, a mob of young social justice warriors will come for your faculty position or invitation to speak on campus. Entire books and online magazines are premised on the idea that political correctness is sweeping the American university, threatening both higher education and the broader right to free speech.

But a brand new data analysis from Georgetown University’s Free Speech Project suggests that this “crisis” is more than a little overblown. There have been relatively few incidents of speech being squelched on college campuses, and there’s in fact limited evidence that conservatives are being unfairly targeted.

The Free Speech Project’s researchers have cataloged more than 90 incidents since 2016 that fit their criteria for a person’s free speech rights being threatened. Of those 90, about two-thirds took place on college campuses. These incidents range from a speaker being disinvited to a faculty member being fired over allegedly offensive comments to a student-run play being canceled over concerns it would offend.

The raw numbers here should already raise questions about the so-called political correctness epidemic. According to the Department of Education, there are 4,583 colleges and universities in the United States (including two- and four-year institutions). The fact that there were roughly only 60 incidents in the past two years suggests that free speech crises are extremely rare events and don’t define university life in the way that critics suggest.

Moreover, there’s a consistent pattern in the data when it comes to conservatives — one that tells a different story than you hear among free speech panickers.

“Most of the incidents where presumptively conservative speech has been interrupted or squelched in the last two or three years seem to involve the same few speakers: Milo Yiannopoulos, Ben Shapiro, Charles Murray, and Ann Coulter ,” Sanford Ungar, the Free Speech Project’s director, writes. “In some instances, they seem to invite, and delight in, disruption.”

What Ungar is suggesting here is that the “campus free speech” crisis is somewhat manufactured. Conservative student groups invite speakers famous for offensive and racially charged speech — all of the above speakers fit that bill — in a deliberate attempt to provoke the campus left. In other words, they’re trolling. When students react by protesting or disrupting the event, the conservatives use it as proof that there’s real intolerance for conservative ideas.

The other key thing that emerges from the Georgetown data, according to Ungar, is that these protests and disruptions don’t just target the right. “Our data also include many incidents, generally less well-publicized, where lower-profile scholars, speakers, or students who could be considered to be on the left have been silenced or shut down,” he writes.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/8/3/17644180/political-correctness-free-speech-liberal-data-georgetown?utm_campaign=vox.social&utm_content=voxdotcom&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisladd/2017/09/23/there-is-no-free-speech-crisis-on-campus/#6352e31328cb

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
You underestimate how much people don't like these racist supremacist groups.

Meanwhile....
I don't like class supremacist groups either, which is precisely why I don't like Antifa. They're a supremacy group for: any race other than white, any gender other than male (i.e. female), any sexual orientation other than straight, and any religion other than Christianity.

You need to provide a source for the quoted article.

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
I don't like class supremacist groups either, which is precisely why I don't like Antifa. They're a supremacy group for: any race other than white, any gender other than male (i.e. female), any sexual orientation other than straight, and any religion other than Christianity.

You need to provide a source for the quoted article.
They're just focused on politics that you don't like, targeting extremist right wing groups, and the police apparently, even if you find their tactics unnacceptable.

The source is within the quote at the bottom and links to the findings if you wanna skip the middleman.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
They're just focused on politics that you don't like, targeting extremist right wing groups, and the police apparently, even if you find their tactics unnacceptable.

The source is within the quote at the bottom and links to the findings if you wanna skip the middleman.
antifa is targeting everything they do not like. They do not care about race or gender in Europe they occupy buildings burn a lot of cars etc. Antifa is not your friend

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
antifa is targeting everything they do not like. They do not care about race or gender in Europe they occupy buildings burn a lot of cars etc. Antifa is not your friend
As you know I don't compare the US to Europe very much, because things that seem similar can still be very different, and I don't live there to know all of that.

Here Antifa uses technically unacceptable tactics, but they rose at the right time. They've been great combating supremacists who sought to rise as soon as their man got elected. Right place, right time, and with laser focus making an impact.

Recently Antifa attacked the police and journalists in two locations where there were no significant showcase of supremacist groups, BLM marches, Womens marches, or anything in particular, and everyone went against them.

So what I'm saying is, well, you get it don't you?

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
As you know I don't compare the US to Europe very much, because things that seem similar can still be very different, and I don't live there to know all of that.

Here Antifa uses technically unacceptable tactics, but they rose at the right time. They've been great combating supremacists who sought to rise as soon as their man got elected. Right place, right time, and with laser focus making an impact.

Recently Antifa attacked the police and journalists in two locations where there were no significant showcase of supremacist groups, BLM marches, Womens marches, or anything in particular, and everyone went against them.

Are you seriously gonna sit there and justify the existence of modern day brownshirts?

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017

If people use violence in a democracy they are not great. If they use ear tactics and assault politicians in public they are not great they are terrorists. I can not believe that you are ok with fascist tactics as long it hits the right people. imagine the right would do that. What would you say about this? They are calling police officers "Nigger" they beat black police officers or even by standers They are not the good people you should cheer for.