NYT Deletes Worst Tweet of 2019

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
Thankfully someone screen grabbed it before the New York Times deleted it.

Took aim
Took aim
Took aim?
Wow, what a fucking horrible and disrespectful tweet.
That's right folks. Airplanes take aim and kill people, not muslim terrorists.

Here's their deletion and note that they edited it for clarity. Clarity? Clarity.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Well, they had to beat themselves.

From only 2 days ago:

Edit: beaten by Joe T. Joe T. While getting the image, dammit.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
We see you mass media manipulators. You think we are all stupid and will fall in line with your little song and dance but it all going to come back on you.

Good thing about all of this BS media manipulation is that it can't be hidden after the fact. People will forever be able to pull up these so called "fair and balanced news articles" and point out the obvious history of bias. If I were the Trump campaign, next year I would put out a political ad that is just nothing but ridiculous twisted headlines from so-called trusted media organizations.

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
people walking on eggshells not realizing how dumb they look. but I get it, just the utterance of the word Islamic extremists is counter productive to any conversation that may be had. Same with White privilege; as soon as its brought up you're going backwards

• Thoughtful
Reactions: CeroFrio996

pennythots

May 14, 2019
hard to care considering we know who did it, who trained and funded them and we still do business regularly with them.

dead americans = $ for the war machine

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
Well, they had to beat themselves.

From only 2 days ago:

Edit: beaten by Joe T. Joe T. While getting the image, dammit.
This is even worse. WTF New York Times.

Reactions: matt404au

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
I find it a bit strange that people are outraged/offended by that Mao tweet. I think the current state of affairs speaks for itself

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
(…) Same with White privilege; as soon as its brought up you're going backwards
Excuse me. So terribly sorry to disturb your flow of thought.
If you claim Whte Privilige exists, then you are hereby required to provide a definition and evidence it indeed exists [in contemporary western societies].

Oh, but you wanted a freebie? You wanted to claim and have others start from that assumption. You wanted to claim away, but be spared the hard intelectual work of having to substantiate your claims.

I am so awfully sorry.

• LOL
Reactions: Schrödinger's cat

Stilton Disco

Aug 22, 2014
UK
I find it a bit strange that people are outraged/offended by that Mao tweet. I think the current state of affairs speaks for itself
Anyone trying to paint that cunt as anything other than one of histories greatest monsters, on a par with Hitler and Stalin, is despicable.

The fact a supposedly reputable news outlet used such flowery language to describe him and acted like he was just some notable historic figure is particularly loathsome.

Last edited:

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Jun 15, 2013
What are we going to do about the radicalized airplane problem?!?

This is shameful, even my low expectations from NYT. It isn’t the airplanes fault for what happened....

They blame airplanes like they blame guns. Never thinking of the people operating them.

CeroFrio996

Jun 20, 2019
“Come on guys, they’re just words” said the pronoun-pushing ally.
Mind readers reading minds again. When did I push pronouns? Or are you assuming my stances based on my general political leanings? Of course not, you would never do that....

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Ignoring mass murder of a countries citizens because it's authoritarian leaders employed communism is how people get to handwave the atrocities of communism. Let's not allow the dilution of history because it's uncomfortable...isn't that the argument used when discussing the U.S. founders and whatever the outrage du jour tends to be?

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Anyone trying to paint that cunt as anything other than one of histories greatest monsters, on a par with Hitler and Stalin, is despicable.

The fact a supposedly reputable news outlet used such flower language to describe him and acted like he was just some notable historic figure is particularly loathsome.
McCarthy was right!

brap

Formerly 'xXxKi$$e$&Razorblade$xXx'
Jan 9, 2018
Can we ban airplanes? I don't want this to happen again.

crowbrow

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2019
People forget that The New York Times went against Bernie in favor of Clinton. The NYT affinities are with neoliberals like most of the mainstream media.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
How many NYT scandals are we at this year?

Back to back tweet scandal.
Antisemetic journalists scandal
'Now that russia is over lets switch to racism' scandal.
Anti-semetic carton scandal
Russiagate

Hiring sarah jeong was last year... but i feel like im missing something else.

CNN has like double that. Don Lemons and the moustache, fredo, beating up journalists.....

The media has literally gone insane. Bonkers. Like, not just dishonest, or serving corporate interests, but bananatown.