• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Right before inauguration, Trump shown intel that proved Putin personally ordered attack on US

rokkerkory

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/world/europe/trump-intelligence-russian-election-meddling-.html

Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election. The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation.

Mr. Trump sounded grudgingly convinced, according to several people who attended the intelligence briefing. But ever since, Mr. Trump has tried to cloud the very clear findings that he received on Jan. 6, 2017, which his own intelligence leaders have unanimously endorsed.

The shifting narrative underscores the degree to which Mr. Trump regularly picks and chooses intelligence to suit his political purposes. That has never been more clear than this week.

All this time Trump knew Putin was responsible and still choose to back Putin than his own IC. =/

eclipze

If you step back and apply Occam’s razor, then it’s simply his ego keeping him from accepting the abundance of evidence because he somehow believes that doing so would delegitimize his presidency. Either that or he’s incredibly stupid and doesn’t know he’s being played like a fiddle.

Time to let it go.. go and do something productive with your life other than posting story after story about how Trump is the devil incarnate.

All you can do is vote in the elections for your chosen candidate/party when they roll around but the daily outrage isn’t helping your cause.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
giphy.gif

Arkage

Banned
Time to let it go.. go and do something productive with your life other than posting story after story about how Trump is the devil incarnate

Meanwhile we have multiple threads in OT talking about Hillary's emails and if Romney would be better than Obama.

The story also had absolutely nothing to do with claiming Trump is the "devil incarnate." Strawman 101.

Lets see how long it takes before the republicans see the truth.

Oh who am I kidding. They probably think it is nice of Vlad to gift wrap their presents.

Last edited:
Meanwhile we have multiple threads in OT talking about Hillary's emails and if Romney would be better than Obama.

The story also had absolutely nothing to do with claiming Trump is the "devil incarnate." Strawman 101.

Those threads are a waste of time too. Nothing on the OT of Neogaf is going to change the outcome of the real world and these threads only cause arguments with no satisfying outcome.

Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election. The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation.

If what they're reporting is true, just how did this fact become knowlege of the NYT ?

This article is compromising sources and methods. So much for their national security concerns. Whoever leaked this should be in prison.

rokkerkory

If what they're reporting is true, just how did this fact become knowlege of the NYT ?

This article is compromising sources and methods. So much for their national security concerns. Whoever leaked this should be in prison.

That’s what u get for messing with the IC and backing Trump over ur own.

It doesn't matter. Whoever leaked that information to the NYT committed a serious felony. Reality Winner just got a 63 month prison sentence for leaking a plain top secret message. Information from communication intercepts surrounding Kremlin officials is most certainly top secret sci level, and thus would garner an even tougher sentence.

Texas Pride

Banned

Trump believes his IC is out to undermine him. Leaking shit like this just feeds his narrative and he digs in a little more. Your response is pretty immature.

Edit: Isolating Trump isn't the way to get him to agree with you. Bcs at this point he'd rather deny Russian involvement that admit the people after him are right. And with the way our IC has been politicized it's hard to blame him for feeling that way.

Last edited:
Trump believes his IC is out to undermine him. Leaking shit like this just feeds his narrative and he digs in a little more. Your response is pretty immature.

Trump would have to be an idiot not to believe this. I remember the first few months he was in office, verbatim transcripts of his phone calls with foreign leaders were leaked to the press. And he now knows, the impetus of the FISA surveillance on his campaign was the steele dossier, which was paid for by Hillary Clinton's campaign. The deep state knew it was a political hit job, but didn't care and used it to wire tap him. And they still don't have any incriminating evidence of Russia collusion. So there was no legitimate counter intelligence reasons to spy on him. They just didn't like his political views.

rokkerkory

Edit: Isolating Trump isn't the way to get him to agree with you. Bcs at this point he'd rather deny Russian involvement that admit the people after him are right. And with the way our IC has been politicized it's hard to blame him for feeling that way.

Cool the IC he put in place makes it more amusing.

PkunkFury

The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation.

And they still don't have any incriminating evidence of Russia collusion. So there was no legitimate counter intelligence reasons to spy on him. They just didn't like his political views.

?????????

?????????

Do you not know the definition of collusion ?

edit: Russia hacking the US is not collusion. Collusion would be Russia coordinating with the Trump campaign to hack. They were wiretapping him for months. If there was collusion, he'd already be under indictment.

Last edited:
Trump didn't put the IC "into place". He appoints its political leaders. But the IC is a bureaucracy that outlasts any president's term of office
You're really out of your depth.

Yeah all those traditionally left leaning CIA workers and their marxist agenda is doing a number on our democracy.

Or is it the deep state you are alluding to?

rokkerkory

Trump didn't put the IC "into place". He appoints its political leaders. But the IC is a bureaucracy that outlasts any president's term of office
You're really out of your depth.

Oh so he appointed the dni, fbi dir, nsa, sos, etc but they hapless bc their bureau betray trump? Wow that is some deep state ish right there!!

Dunki

The problem is can we even believe this? Anyone remember the leaked tapes talking about golden shower fetish stuff? Was that true? I just have a fucking hard time to believe them anymore regarding trump especially.

Also Russia and many other countries do this on constant basis. It is not even a new strategy at this point.

Last edited:
The last director of the CIA was an ex-communist. Don't think the CIA doesn't have leftists in its ranks.

Who said it doesnt? But the majority are registered republicans and dont you think it is awfully concerning that they are near unanimously pointing towards some untoward bit of activity regarding certain people? I mean call me a populist but if this many people reach to the same conclusion regardless of their political leanings, dont you think it is time to ask for (not presume) some answers from the accused.

rokkerkory

The problem is can we even believe this? Anyone remember the leaked tapes talking about golden shower fetish stuff? Was that true? I just have a fucking hard time to believe them anymore regarding trump especially.

Also Russia and many other countries do this on constant basis. It is not even a new strategy at this point.

Do you believe the IC or Trump?

I believe piss tape info came from Steele Dossier which hasnt been refuted but on the contrary verified bit by bit by daily news. You can look up latest Russian spy capturing and the report regarding her in the dossier

Last edited:

PkunkFury

Do you not know the definition of collusion ?

edit: Russia hacking the US is not collusion. Collusion would be Russia coordinating with the Trump campaign to hack. They were wiretapping him for months. If there was collusion, he'd already be under indictment.

You have no idea what evidence they have. Why would a Joe Schmo on a gaming forum know what evidence they have?

You are condemning people for leaking evidence in one post, then two posts later you are asserting they have no evidence

How can you want members of the IC who leak information sentenced to prison while at the same time berate them for having no evidence?

Either you want the evidence or you don't. If tomorrow they leak info that Trump colluded, will you be satisfied that evidence exists, or will you be upset it was leaked?

And no, he wouldn't already be under (public) indictment if they had evidence. There are many indictments still sealed. It's possible Trump is one of them. They are not going to go after Trump if there's a chance Trump can pardon himself or use his position to close the investigation

You are condemning people for leaking evidence in one post, then two posts later you are asserting they have no evidence

The leaked "evidence" that Trump was briefed on Russian hacking is not evidence of any collusion between Trump and the Russians. I know they have no evidence, because we're a year into this fiasco and the only people associated with Trump that have been charged with anything, were charged with tax crimes, or process crimes. You didn't even know what collusion means. You thought the story of a leaked intelligence briefing to Trump concerning Russian hacking and my statement there is no evidence of collusion was some kind of contradiction. You're not worth my time. :rolleyes: Post something insightful if you want any more replies from me.

Not sure what the issue is here. People are really arguing the POTUS cannot come to his own conclusion on things? Because US intelligence is always right?

Top Bottom