• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Trump Associate Felix Sater Boasted That Moscow Deal ‘Will Get Donald Elected’

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

A business associate of President Trump promised in 2015 to engineer a real estate deal with the aid of the president of Russia, Vladimir V. Putin, that he said would help Mr. Trump win the presidency.

The business associate, Felix Sater, wrote a series of emails to Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, in which he boasted about his ties to Mr. Putin and predicted that building a Trump Tower in Moscow would be a political boon to Mr. Trump’s candidacy.

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

The emails show that, from the earliest months of Mr. Trump’s campaign, some of his associates viewed close ties with Moscow as a political advantage. Those ties are now under investigation by the Justice Department and multiple congressional committees.

There is no evidence in the emails that Mr. Sater delivered on his promises. Mr. Sater, a Russian immigrant, was a broker for the Trump Organization at the time, which means he was paid to deliver real estate deals.

In another email, Mr. Sater envisioned a ribbon-cutting in Moscow. “I will get Putin on this program and we will get Donald elected,” Mr. Sater wrote.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/trump-tower-putin-felix-sater.html

tower-t3-master675.png

Mimosa97

I still can't believe these people talk about such serious matters through emails.You'd think they'd be paranoid and only talk face to face or through secure phones. It's hard to believe they could be so careless. I don't get it.

Kensation

I still can't believe these people talk about such serious matters through emails.You'd think they'd be paranoid and only talk face to face or through secure phones. It's hard to believe they could be so careless. I don't get it.
Criminals aren't often brilliant.

Says a lot about Trump voters.

They got fleeced by a gaggle of morons.

There is a reason trump himself doesn't email
All his acheming and plotting was done in meetings and elevators.

jelly

I imagine if Trump and his circle weren't idiots, it probably wouldn't come up. We are at least lucky he is incompetent on a stupendous scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom