• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Trump Team Met With Lawyer Linked to Kremlin During Campaign

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I love the Trump family's go-to response to being caught out in a lie is to pretend they forgot. Worst memory of any family.

Hmm discussing a policy that was stopped because of sanctions, almost like they were anticipating lifting those sanctions 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Without transcripts of these meetings, nothing will come of them.

It seems like Donald the Dumbass is never directly involved in any of this stuff that's going to be his out and his supporters are dumb enough to eat it up. And the GOP is self serving enough not to care.

https://twitter.com/halliejackson/status/883841105128706048

NEW: spox for POTUS outside legal team casts mtg as part of oppo effort. Source close to team calls it "poss. setup by Russian operatives"

y66FAAi.jpg

Funniest spin yet

GrapeApes

It was those darn Democrats setting us up. They did the colluding! Trump and his people need to make up their mind if colluding is bad. Can't really be like "so what if there's collusion" then slam Democrats for colluding.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

This is one of those ones where they're going to regret rushing to put something out. And were probably bullied into doing it by their idiot panicking boss over a crackly international cellphone call.

Also, if they know so much about this meeting and its participants why didn't they remember to mention it in their disclosure. I thought they forgot. Oh now they remember EVERYTHING plus some extra details?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Catching up on House of Cards right now, and the shit in Season 2 that led to an 8% poll popularity for the pres. and impeachment proceedings is so fucking lightweight compared to what the GOP and Trump's admin have pulled. It's insane!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
lmao, so their excuse is trumps campaign probably got taken by foreign agents because they didn't bother with due diligence. But they totally didn't get taken by foreign agents any other time, and definitely not on purpose!

Stinkles

Well if they're right, then the ongoing investigation will get right to the bottom of it and finally Hillary will go to jail!

You see, Dems knew Hillary would only be a one-term president and be followed up by a Republican, so tanking her candidacy & working to get Trump elected and embroiled in scandals was actually a brilliant strategy to ensure large Democratic gains in 2020, giving them control over redistricting to cement Democratic majorities for the next 10 years.

Ms.Galaxy

Democrats colluded with Russia to frame Trump for appearing to collude with Russia for the purpose of electing Trump, so they could take Trump down after they lost.... I guess.

Ah, that makes sense....

Good lord, this entire administration is a nightmare of incompetence, corruption, and stupidity.

theWB27

I wonder if Mueller and his team are way ahead of these leaks. Or if we're getting leaks after they've made a connection.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I wonder if Mueller and his team are way ahead of these leaks. Or if we're getting leaks after they've made a connection.

The only leak Mueller isn't ahead of yet is the one on the mattress.

robochimp

It's really interesting that Trump is never directly involved in any (or just very few) of these meetings. It's almost as if they knew shady stuff was going on that he needed to have deniability of.

Uhhh... wasn't the Steele dossier commissioned by one of the Republicans in the primary? (Jeb?).

It's "Jeb!" with an exclamation mark and yes his campaign hired Steele.

And just when I thought they'd MAYBE learned that their nonsensical denials invariably make everything worse because they get caught in lies.

Initially it was Republicans funding the opposition research about Trump, yes. Democrats took over the funding after Trump won the Republican nomination

It's "Jeb!" with an exclamation mark and yes his campaign hired Steele.
OK, I knew it was something like that (Jeb!)
So the Democrats colluded with the Russians to have their candidate, who should have won easily, lose miserably? Come on now.
I remember saying in another thread that racist people will believe anything negative you say, regardless of how implausible it may be, as long as it's said about a black person. Just take that concept and replace "racist people" with "Republicans" and "black person" with "Democrats" and you'll understand where we are now.

Do Better

You see, Dems knew Hillary would only be a one-term president and be followed up by a Republican, so tanking her candidacy & working to get Trump elected and embroiled in scandals was actually a brilliant strategy to ensure large Democratic gains in 2020, giving them control over redistricting to cement Democratic majorities for the next 10 years.

Lol

Azuran

Banned
It really is hard to believe how bad Donald/his administration/his lawyers are at spin. It's even harder to believe that there are people that buy it.

That's not how this works.

It should work like that considering the world would be better off without Donald and his cronies. Not having to see Eric Trump's face anymore would be a positive for humankind.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That spin is juicy. I sense a very fun follow-up piece about the identity of the acquaintance who suggested DJT Jr hold this meeting.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wow....that spin got me dizzy.

Lord have mercy. They really think we are all that stupid don't they.

Their probably right. Look who we elected.

Stinkles

The insane response makes you think there's something to this story than before.

This is literally what happens every time and the GOP is just stalling and ignoring it. Ultimately they're accountable for this and they should be held to that from now on. They enabled and encouraged him. Colluded if you will.

The insane response makes you think there's something to this story than before.
The most amazing part about Trump's administration is how they somehow always manage to shoot themselves in the foot. There have been so many times where they could've ignored it or just made one quick statement and the story would've blown over. Instead they constantly brought it up and issued several responses from numerous people(including my favorite Trump's twitter account) which always contradict each other. I'm not sure I'd even fully believe half the stories told about Trump and co if it wasn't for them ousting themselves.

Top Bottom