NYTimes Journo Melts Down On Joe Rogan's Show

May 22, 2018
Haven't watched the above clip, but I saw a bit of that woman on Rogan and she sounded like a complete moron

Jul 19, 2018
I wish people would just write up a bit of what actually happens in the videos they post. There’s much too much 1 video 1 sentence posts on this board.
Jimmy Dore and crew roasted Bari Weiss for calling Tulsi Gabbard monstrous, then getting flustered, and unsure of herself when Toe Rogan gave her the slightest pushback. I almost feel bad for Bari.

Last edited:
May 12, 2007
Texaa
Rogaine plants these easy targets to fire up his base.
So the editor of the opinion section of the NYT, the leading newspaper in the US, at least self proclaimed, is an easy target and has a hard time defending her opinions....as an opinion editor....against a podcast personality and MMA announcer.

I mean I agree you with you. I think all left-wing hacks are easy targets once you expose them to logic and take purely emotional appeals out of it, but I am surprised you agree.

Last edited:
May 12, 2007
Texaa
What a train wreck of a performance. Isn't the NYT supposed to be a respected paper?

I don't understand the hate for Tulsi. It's so bizarre.
Nothing unites both parties faster than someone wanting to pull back our overseas military engagements.

I'd actually be curious if even a majority of active duty military even support boots on the ground in Syria and Afghanistan.

njr

Jan 26, 2009
Yep. YouTube feed -> Gaf thread. YT spoon feeds them their conformation bias videos based on view history and the cycle continues.
Confirmation bias around what exactly? It’s just a reaction video from a progressive commentator on how they expressed an opinion about Tulsi Gabbard but couldn’t back up what they said when proved with further questioning. I’m not a fan of Jimmy Dore but I would recommend you watch the video.

Jan 12, 2009
I don't understand the hate for Tulsi. It's so bizarre.
She started her life very conservative, and got progressively left as she grew up, and had an explosion of leftism 2012+.

However, there's some lingering conservative views that don't sit well with Democrats.

Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
It's nice to see them turn on the more moderate members of the Democratic party. I think it'll ultimately result in some sanity returning to the mainstream platform sooner rather than later.

Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
It's nice to see them turn on the more moderate members of the Democratic party. I think it'll ultimately result in some sanity returning to the mainstream platform sooner rather than later.
If you want any evidence that Democrats don't actually care about Progressive issues but still want those progressive votes, look no further than how they've strongarmed and excluded every single popular Progressive Democrat. This isn't about Bernie 2016, but rather about a repeated pattern of ignoring Progressive talking points (for which they were elected) in favor of their own corporate donors.

One example is that when Gretchen Whitmer became governor, almost immediately after she announced a partnership with Blue Cross/ Blue Shield and has said that "single payer is not an option". So you have people who think they're voting for someone who will improve their healthcare -- after all, that's what Democrats do, right? -- when instead she is lining her own pockets and lying to her constituents, especially the Progressive ones.

Oh, but she does want to focus on climate change so I guess she's a "good one".

Apr 19, 2018
Not much of a melt down if you're asking me. She gets proven wrong and she tries to (badly) recover by moving the goal post, but I've seen much worse melt downs before. That's more of a fizzle out than a melt down.
You mean like she literally says i will check more and go back to your show ?
OPINION EDITOR OF NY TIMES ?

She totally lost it. She says something with confidence. Rogan asks "why?/is that true ?/how ?" and she totally loses it moving to "idk really, geez "i think"".

And it is not like Rogan asked her hard question. She say Tutsi is "monster" and aksed about why she couldn't even make one fact right.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018
I'm actually thinking it's going to get ALOT worse before it gets better. Just to be clear, Democrats are wholey supporting and are supported by...let's call them radical progressives, which are characterized by the following traits:

1) emotional reasoning may overtake factual reasoning in many situations

2) suffer from hero complex and narcissism

3) constantly seek ways of dividing people into victim classes

4) establish entire bogus scientific fields on the basis of opinion (gender studies) with blatant disregard for the scientific method

5) when pressured in a debate, will often resort to name-calling to discredit the opposition

6) have perfected the art of character assassination by angry mob, extremely fond of censorship and deplatforming

7) are ignorant about history, human psychology and economics

8) believe morals are relative down to the level of the individual

9) pursue equality of outcome rather than opportunity

10) engage in hypocritical activities that reflects sexism and racism through affirmative action and public criticism of whites, males or heterosexuals

And I think this is just the beginning. We still don't know if these folks are capable of self reflection and saying "let's pump the brakes here, we're taking things too far". Shitty times are ahead.

AV

Gold Member
May 31, 2018
  • AV

AV

Not much of a melt down if you're asking me. She gets proven wrong and she tries to (badly) recover by moving the goal post, but I've seen much worse melt downs before. That's more of a fizzle out than a melt down.
Yeah, this is kinda how I feel. I like Jimmy Dore but this felt like one of those "Left Wing FEMINIST Gets OWNED By Ben Shapiro" videos.

Yeah, she's useless, doesn't make it a meltdown. You wanna see a meltdown?

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
I'm actually thinking it's going to get ALOT worse before it gets better. Just to be clear, Democrats are wholey supporting and are supported by...let's call them radical progressives, which are characterized by the following traits:

1) emotional reasoning may overtake factual reasoning in many situations

2) suffer from hero complex and narcissism

3) constantly seek ways of dividing people into victim classes

4) establish entire bogus scientific fields on the basis of opinion (gender studies) with blatant disregard for the scientific method

5) when pressured in a debate, will often resort to name-calling to discredit the opposition

6) have perfected the art of character assassination by angry mob, extremely fond of censorship and deplatforming

7) are ignorant about history, human psychology and economics

8) believe morals are relative down to the level of the individual

9) pursue equality of outcome rather than opportunity

10) engage in hypocritical activities that reflects sexism and racism through affirmative action and public criticism of whites, males or heterosexuals

And I think this is just the beginning. We still don't know if these folks are capable of self reflection and saying "let's pump the brakes here, we're taking things too far". Shitty times are ahead.
I don't disagree with your points regarding the far left, but I would say the Tulsi Gabbard's of the Democratic party greatly outweigh the AOC's of it. They don't get a lot of airtime because they're pretty much normal people with reasonable beliefs about how to fix some of the problems in the US.

Oct 17, 2011

She totally lost it. She says something with confidence. Rogan asks "why?/is that true ?/how ?" and she totally loses it moving to "idk really, geez "i think"".

And it is not like Rogan asked her hard question. She say Tutsi is "monster" and aksed about why she couldn't even make one fact right.
And I do understand that as a professional she should've been a little more ready of push back, however, a melt down would require more anger in my opinion. Yelling and name calling, stuff like that.

Jan 11, 2016
So Rogan is generally an (entertaining) idiot, but Dore here is on point.

The problem with "Centrists" is that they don't even understand what centrism is. It's possible and viable to poach votes from the "middle" but you don't do it by sitting on the fence, you do it by tapping into perspectives that are relatable to people who aren't necessarily aligned with you on every policy issue.

A great example is Bernie Sanders, who is clearly a far left, but had more ability to poach votes from Trump because he was anti-establishment and pro-working class, which are key selling points of Trump's candidacy (regardless of if he delivered on either).

Another example is the rise of more libertarian Republicans candidates who are economically right but socially left. They're able to poach votes from a younger base that skews left and doesn't support the moral posturing against gays and drugs. Again, Trump was to some extent able to appeal to these voters (and again has betrayed them once in office with debt and fundamentalism, but I digress).

But this idea that half-measures and weak stances will broaden one's appeal are just bullshit. It's a fantasy.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Riiight.

She isn't supported by the DNC, because she supported Bernie over Hillary, so they are going to smear her. Those of us who like her are quickly going to be labeled Gabbard Guys and told that we aren't real democrats.

Jun 14, 2011
Just started watching the JRE interview with Bari Weiss, and so far she is coming across as quite sensible and genuine. I'm not understanding the whole meltdown bit. I guess maybe it happens later on?

However, after seeing the video in the opening post and reading the NBC tweet with their "take" on Tulsi Gabbard, I'm beginning to think the content of this thread and that video in the opening post might be more of an opportunity to attack sane democrats to pave the way for the nutcases.

I will listen on to JRE, and maybe I will change my perspective...

Jul 13, 2018
She started her life very conservative, and got progressively left as she grew up, and had an explosion of leftism 2012+.

However, there's some lingering conservative views that don't sit well with Democrats.
I don't think that's it.

It's more the anti-military industrial complex stuff that makes her toxic to the DNC.