• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obama orders intelligence report of election cyberattacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Now he fucking does something?

Too little, too late.

An investigation needs to happen for our country, even ignoring orange clownbus. We need to have systems in place to prevent this happening again. No matter who's in charge. This is national and constitutional defense.

Kilau

Gold Member
This isn't to change the results, guys. Here's Obama's Press Secretary on them matter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHRQBgDue0M

Yeah folks seem to think this about voting machine hacking, it's not.

This is about the very clear interference of foreign actors to sway the outcome of the election, through hacking of emails and or fake news propaganda, etc.

This was probably Putin's way of getting back at HRC for when she declared his election a rigged fraud.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Because nothing good can come of it and more than likely nothing at all would come of it except even more taxpayer money being wasted. In between peoples feelings being sore and various other complexes at play, there is a teetering nation to worry about (that being us). Even in the slim chance they find that Russia somehow managed to rig the entire thing (lol), what's the best case realistic scenario of a post-election investigation without saying "I hate Trump" and "I love Democrats"?

Nothing good can come of it? How about insuring that our elections aren't successfully tampered with by foreign powers in the future, for starters.

99Luffy

Banned
Im really quite surprised that Trump hasnt come out with a tweet yet.

"And they called me paranoid for saying the election was rigged"

cLOUDo

If this is true, what will change?
I mean, There is no way to prove that trump had any implications,right?
What are the scenarios?

If this is true, what will change?
I mean, There is no way to prove that trump had any implications,right?
What are the scenarios?

What will change is the result. If there was involvement, and they can deduce which votes were fraudulent, they can do a recount, maybe. Maybe? It won't have any implications on Trump directly, but they can definitely attempt a recount. Who knows, maybe after all this bullshit Trump is still the President and we will all move on from this chapter of blame-game.

An investigation needs to happen for our country, even ignoring orange clownbus. We need to have systems in place to prevent this happening again. No matter who's in charge. This is national and constitutional defense.

So interference is one thing. Hacking the numbers, threatening Americans, ensuring a win by nefarious means, etc. There's no proof of that yet fortunately.

Simply spreading the Bullshit that already existed on the Internet and fanning the flames of our own stupidity isn't an act of war, it's our own damn fault for buying into it.

If any defenses need to be bolstered it's the DNC that was targeted and allowed hackers to retrieve reams of sensitive information. Merely by having one side's secrets fully exposed to the public, that side is at a disadvantage.

Using information and misinformation and blaming the Russians for "influencing" is like blaming the slick car salesman for you buying a shitty lemon car. It's your own fault you got tricked, and you better learn from it next time. Because that's how the world works. Russia doesn't give a fuck about america'so agenda or needs. They have their own plans to enact that they will do by any means necessary.

HotHamBoy

So interference is one thing. Hacking the numbers, threatening Americans, ensuring a win by nefarious means, etc. There's no proof of that yet fortunately.

Simply spreading the Bullshit that already existed on the Internet and fanning the flames of our own stupidity isn't an act of war, it's our own damn fault for buying into it.

If any defenses need to be bolstered it's the DNC that was targeted and allowed hackers to retrieve reams of sensitive information. Merely by having one side's secrets fully exposed to the public, that side is at a disadvantage.

Using information and misinformation and blaming the Russians for "influencing" is like blaming the slick car salesman for you buying a shitty lemon car. It's your own fault you got tricked, and you better learn from it next time. Because that's how the world works. Russia doesn't give a fuck about america'so agenda or needs. They have their own plans to enact that they will do by any means necessary.

I agree that if they didn't do more than proliferate the same bullshit Americans were putting out there then you can't really hold them responsible for the ignorance of the voting populace.

Also, Russia isn't to blame for more than half of eligible voters staying home.

That said... if ties can be drawn then that is still a Big, Red Problem.

While I agree with a large portion of your sentiment. Russia did hack the DNC and leak controlled info to the media/public. Not too mention there had been a lot of smoke surrounding Trump receiving funding from Russia as well as Paul Manafort, his Campaign Manager pre-nomination. Americans are to blame for believing all the shit perpetuated by the far right and fake news. It's sad the amount of people that buy into the fake news and don't know how to verify sources. I began to see the early effects of it in 2012 with people who seemed locked into these completely false beliefs. I also remember finding it very strange how much they pitted Putin in a favorable light against Obama.

I wish there were a way to just hold a quick re-election by 2018 and let Obama hold the reigns a little longer. There is and was just too much BS surrounding this election. Forget Russia, FBI agents coordinated an investigation into HRC with the Trump campaign to deal her one final blow. The same FBI that several months earlier said they wouldn't investigate ties into Russia funding money to the Trump Campaign. Not too mention the mainstream media that tried painting everything as both sides are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom