• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oboro Muramasa Youtouden [Wii] screens ( Vanillaware RPG game )

king zell

h-104_77580_070907oboro01.jpg.jpg
h-104_77580_070907oboro02.jpg.jpg

h-104_77580_070907oboro05.jpg.jpg
h-104_77580_070907oboro06.jpg.jpg

h-104_77580_070907oboro03.jpg.jpg
h-104_77580_070907oboro04.jpg.jpg

h-104_77580_070907oboro07.jpg.jpg
h-104_77580_070907oboro08.jpg.jpg

h-104_77580_070907oboro09.jpg.jpg

This game looks beautiful. Does it remind anyone else of that Ninjai movie thing that has never been finished on the internets?

Jme

Oh, fuck yes. This looks even BETTER than Odin Sphere. Atlus, get started working on the localization now! No, like, right now!

Ranger X

Beautifull AGAIN.

I wonder how it will play. Looks early and right now it looks like it would be kinda a Ninja Gaiden type of game (i mean, like the sidescrolling ones of course)

But they say "RPG" so...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
RPG?

So I can't actually whack anyone with that sword or what?

Kyoufu

I love the art. Buying this (provided that impressions turn out favourable) on launch. Hopefully the waggle won't be a nuisance for this kind of game.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
handofg0d said:
Oh, fuck yes. This looks even BETTER than Odin Sphere. Atlus, get started working on the localization now! No, like, right now!

Thats too late, it should be localised yesterday, it looks outstanding, I would love to see this in the UK, but I can't see it happening :(

Kyoufu said:
I love the art. Buying this (provided that impressions turn out favourable) on launch. Hopefully the waggle won't be a nuisance for this kind of game.

Hmm, it took 14 posts this time, impressive.

Certain shots really remind me of Mystical Ninja on the SNES:

h-104_77580_070907oboro08.jpg.jpg

mystical_Ninja.jpg

h-104_77580_070907oboro07.jpg.jpg

62izcjq.gif

Here's hoping it plays in a similar vein (complete with first level of Gradius) :D

Chrono

Banned
I'm there if they include a GCN/classic controller option. Unless waggle turns out fine, doubt it though.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
JDSN said:
Cool, I was wondering if we could still use this one.

We should never forget all the good things Pavarotti has done for the world, including animated gifs.

I have not purchased Odin Sphere, the miserable broke bastard that I am. I will make it my mission now to get that title. This looks beautiful, can't wait to see it in motion.

ZeroEdge

Sweet and Beautiful 2D Bliss... now if only other 3rd part devs could put quality like this in to their Wii games.

Lucky

This is looking awesome. What is with all the awesome Japanese screenshots we've been having lately. First King Story and now this. I'm impressed.

stalker

Dimmuxx said:
PAL release plz kthx

Considering we don't have Odin Sphere and I think it's not even announced for Europe .... little hope.

GrimGrimoire is out end of september, and there have been rumours about Odin Sphere, but nothing confirmed.

Batongen

Banned
Wow, this is a game that I approve of. My frothing demand grows!
I hope it comes to the U.S. If it doesn't, is it possible to mod your american console so that it supports japanese games?

Whoaness

Banned
The only thing to worry about is the control transition. I hope no pointing or waggle is involved. Even so, there aren't enough buttons like there was on Odin Sphere.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
sp0rsk said:

Knowing now why that happened, I am all the more outstanded by the fact that he didn't collapse, a lesser mortal certainly would.

Anywho, Action RPG? even more Do want pictures to be inserted here.

Ikael

When I knew about Wii's lack of horsepower I was dissapointed, but at the same time I hoped that its low development costs and non HD would end up being an attraction for small developers. I guess I was right for once ^^

Also ZOMG @ 2D art done right in a 2007 videogame! Awesome.

JoeFu

Banned
The art is so amazing.

I just hope this game isn't as repetitive as Odin Sphere. Game art was great, but I can't finish the game. I don't like how repetitive the game is.

And I don't care if this game has waggle. I waggled the 36 hours it took me to beat Zelda. I will waggle through this game if it's amazing.

nightside

Whoaness said:
The only thing to worry about is the control transition. I hope no pointing or waggle is involved. Even so, there aren't enough buttons like there was on Odin Sphere.

i guess you will be disappointed :lol

wsippel

Banned
stalker said:
Considering we don't have Odin Sphere and I think it's not even announced for Europe .... little hope.

GrimGrimoire is out end of september, and there have been rumours about Odin Sphere, but nothing confirmed.
Odin Sphere isn't an indicator. Odin Sphere was published by Atlus, OMY is published by Marvelous. Marvelous has a European publishing subsidiary, Rising Star, and pretty much every Marvelous game comes to Europe these days. That's why No More Heroes is confirmed for Europe (published by Rising Star, of course), but not for the US (no publisher).

Top Bottom