• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obsidian working on a new RPG to be announced "in the next few months"

Wedge7

Oh cant wait, Obsidian has become one of my favorite devs. Yea, and no way a PoE 2 isnt coming at some point, it seems an inevitability.

Purkake4

Banned
Oh cant wait, Obsidian has become one of my favorite devs. Yea, and no way a PoE 2 isnt coming at some point, it seems an inevitability.
There's no need for PoE2, just use the engine and make another game, preferably in an established universe to save a bunch of time and money.

White Wolf or no, a lot of amazing IPs have opened up quite a bit lately, things like Warhammer and Shadowrun. Also public domain stuff like Lovecraft.

is this the whole North Carolina project?

i hope so cuz i heard that was super weird.

Yes, this is whatever survived North Carolina's cancelation.

It won't be the same without Avellone

I love Avellone's work, but there were other people who worked on Fallout 1, 2, Van Buren and New Vegas. He didn't even work on the first Fallout.

We can't get caught in a trap of only wanting Fallout games written by Chris Avellone.

Seriously MS? Did you cancel an Obsidian RPG? why!!!

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?ne...ed Xbox One Launch RPG And Will Announce Soon
Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart talked about the RPG during a recent Game Informer podcast, admitting its cancellation a few years back was one of the lowest points in the studio’s history, with around 40 staff having to be laid off. Microsoft wanted it to make use of the Xbox One’s unique features such as Kinect, but ultimately it didn’t work out.

Com_Raven

I guess who the publisher is kinda depends on what they reuse from the cancelled game, which (seeing how MS wanted to publish it) I assume was a 3d game rather than isometric- I can see a lot of publishers that would want to publish one, but maybe not the other.

In any case, I am excited to hear more- Obsidian is an amazing developer, and the cancellation of their Xbox One title was very sad news at the time...

Top Bottom