Ocasio Cortez on critics: ‘I AM AS POWERFUL AS A MAN, AND IT DRIVES THEM CRAZY’

Feb 22, 2018
This is now a powerful man thread.

Needs more blood to be manly:

Or a stroke + memory loss, that's even more hardcore (500kg lift) - a lift even Hafthor couldn't match;

My boy Eddie is still unbeaten.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018
Just the smaller blood vessels bursting from the immense blood pressure. Eddie suffered a burst on the brain. But he a man, he recovered quickly. Ain't nuthin'

Feb 22, 2018
Thor is gonna beat him this year. Eddie's 1102 was with a suit.
Hafthor tried to lift 500kg, and failed.

He's welcome to wear a suit and use a thinner bar. But 500kg is still 500kg and he's way off, 485kg is his biggest lift. At that range +15kg is like a mountain in terms of extra effort.

JFC I don't even consider that impressive. Well I do but more stupid than impressive how many roids does that take lol
It takes constant eating and lifting, plus being born a big man with very long muscle bellies.

As for steroids; they do nothing if you don't put in the work.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2006
He's welcome to wear a suit and use a thinner bar. But 500kg is still 500kg.

Eddie is still GOAT.
He will beat it this year and without a suit. Sorry, I should say by next Arnold 2020 as he may not have another contest with an elephant bar deadlift this year. A non official gym lift probably won't satisfy everyone.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018
I hope he does, I want to see someone lift 501kg. But let's not be too casual about it. 500kg almost killed Eddie. Thor is not immune to his brain blowing up either. He almost had a heart attack when he attempted the Wheel of Pain last week. There is a whole other level to lifting half a ton.

As for Cortez, it's quite the feat she can lift that giant horse mouth off the floor.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018
United States
Point is without roids it's impossible and they're wrecking themselves. Whether they work hard or not is besides the point but sure it takes a lot of work

Also I think deadlift is a dangerous exercise in general I always just do squats\snapdragon

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018
Point is without roids it's impossible and they're wrecking themselves. Whether they work hard or not is besides the point but sure it takes a lot of work

Also I think deadlift is a dangerous exercise in general I always just do squats\snapdragon
Squats are just as dangerous. It's how Ronnie met his sorry end, one plagued with destroyed hips, ruined knees and slipped discs. 100% the result of squats.

Unless you're training for a competition, never lift heavy on compound/free weights. Your joints have a usage limit. They don't get stronger over time, just worn out.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019
Los Angeles
I promise that the next time a male politician says the world is gonna end in 12 years, I will say he’s stupid too.
The world is not going to combust in 12 years, in 12 years scientists believe we will cause irreparable damage to the planet :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Also people are incorrect when they say the world will end. The planet will be fine, it will just destroy humanity through the effects of severe climate change and wipe us off it if we continue to act like a disease.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
I hope he does, I want to see someone lift 501kg. But let's not be too casual about it. 500kg almost killed Eddie. Thor is not immune to his brain blowing up either. He almost had a heart attack when he attempted the Wheel of Pain last week. There is a whole other level to lifting half a ton.

As for Cortez, it's quite the feat she can lift that giant horse mouth off the floor.
They should go with some experimental surgery.
The brain can do without bloodflow for 2 minutes, no problem. More than enough time, several times over.

Implant some valves that just loops all the blood vessels back to the heart in the throat/neck area. Thus disconnecting the bloodvessels to the brain completely from the rest of the circulation system.

You go in for the lift, click the button, activate the valve, disconnect the brain from the circulatory system.
Lift.
After the lift is finished, deactivate the valves an let blood stream to the brain again.

Surely surgeons in Russia or Vietnam can do this for you. I am even certain that there are no rules in the sport that would disqualify you for it.

Oct 2, 2018
I guess we should congratulate the USA on their first ever female politician?
Amazing progress, you guys.

Have you ever seen the like?
A woman in politics! She has as much power as a man!
OMG, seeing something as unexpected as a lady politician it just drives me crazy! How dare she be that powerful!?

Musky_Cheese

Community Liaison
Oct 23, 2016
The world is not going to combust in 12 years, in 12 years scientists believe we will cause irreparable damage to the planet :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Also people are incorrect when they say the world will end. The planet will be fine, it will just destroy humanity through the effects of severe climate change and wipe us off it if we continue to act like a disease.
Thank you for saying this especially in a short way. She could have said this... but didn't. Just blurted out "The world is gonna end in 12 years". Smh lol.

However she may not be stupid, just realize that the people who voted for her and follow her are stupid. In which case she is villainous.

As in maybe when she says "The world is gonna end in 12 years" she A) Is stupid and is only capable of communicating in Hashtags or B) she realizes her followers are stupid and can scare them into submission by saying short scary phrases.

Does she A) as an economics major not know what a tax cut vs giving money to someone out of the budget or B) know her followers don't know the difference and is capitalizing on that stupidity.

It can be either for sure. Unfortunately for her followers in both A and B scenarios, it requires them to be stupid too.

Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Thank you for saying this especially in a short way. She could have said this... but didn't. Just blurted out "The world is gonna end in 12 years". Smh lol.

However she may not be stupid, just realize that the people who voted for her and follow her are stupid. In which case she is villainous.

As in maybe when she says "The world is gonna end in 12 years" she A) Is stupid and is only capable of communicating in Hashtags or B) she realizes her followers are stupid and can scare them into submission by saying short scary phrases.

Does she A) as an economics major not know what a tax cut vs giving money to someone out of the budget or B) know her followers don't know the difference and is capitalizing on that stupidity.

It can be either for sure. Unfortunately for her followers in both A and B scenarios, it requires them to be stupid too.
So, malicious or stupid. Neither is a good option.

Oct 2, 2018
The entire right wing has a hate boner for this woman. She keeps owning and exposing them and they keep coming back for more.
Shouldn't that be worrying for Americans though?

I look at Trump and think that basically a loud mouthed celeb thought "I could run the country" and by playing to the masses and acting the troll he was able to handily dismiss seasoned politicians.

It's like what they've learned from Trump is that trolling and "owning" people is what works so their next biggest thing is just a Trump-style troll with a more appealing coat of paint.

So basically Trump was not the wake up call he should have been for the US. If anything, they are just looking to emulate him.

Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of trolling. Hell, sometimes I play along even though I know I'm being trolled.

The way I look at it though is that support of AOC is very much like support of Trump. At least it's an endorsement of the tactics.

Trump is "owning" the Democrats.
The left: Boo! He's just a big troll, not fit to be president. OMG he's like so dumb you guys.
The right: Hahahaha. The left can't meme. Wew, lads. Can't stump the Trump. Hahaha.

AOC is "owning" the Republicans.
The left: Hahaha. These manbabies have salty hate boners over a powerful woman. She danced once and they are mad. Hahaha.
The right: Boo! She's just a troll and a dumb bitch. Not fit to be president.

If Trump is SO bad then how is "just do the same as Trump but it's a woman doing it" the answer?

Jun 23, 2010
People hate AOC. They will lie about her and smear her, but they can't stop talking about. They only make her more powerful. In a way I welcome all the hate she gets. Let's be honest, Republicans need a target in 2020. They need someone to lie about and smear. Let it be AOC so the general election is not filled with bullshit talking points like Benghazi, Seth Rich, and pizza parlors with kids. The fucking idiots of this world need something to talk about so let it be her.

Feb 15, 2018
United States
Squats are just as dangerous. It's how Ronnie met his sorry end, one plagued with destroyed hips, ruined knees and slipped discs. 100% the result of squats.

Unless you're training for a competition, never lift heavy on compound/free weights. Your joints have a usage limit. They don't get stronger over time, just worn out.
Actually I just do weightless pistol squats lol. But sure you can fuck up your back with weighted squats if its heavy enough.

Im pretty sure deadlift is worse than weighted squats though you're bending and jerking your back.. I never thought it was great exercise but when the hodgetwins said it was a horrible exercise and it fucked their backs up I never did it again

Oct 1, 2006
The entire right wing has a hate boner for this woman. She keeps owning and exposing them and they keep coming back for more.
How have we been exposed? Are you saying AOC is only pretending to be this stupid and corrupt?

Sounds a lot like the people who think Trump is playing 10-D underwater Chinese backgammon.

old

May 11, 2013
Shouldn't that be worrying for Americans though?

I look at Trump and think that basically a loud mouthed celeb thought "I could run the country" and by playing to the masses and acting the troll he was able to handily dismiss seasoned politicians.

It's like what they've learned from Trump is that trolling and "owning" people is what works so their next biggest thing is just a Trump-style troll with a more appealing coat of paint.

So basically Trump was not the wake up call he should have been for the US. If anything, they are just looking to emulate him.

Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of trolling. Hell, sometimes I play along even though I know I'm being trolled.

The way I look at it though is that support of AOC is very much like support of Trump. At least it's an endorsement of the tactics.

Trump is "owning" the Democrats.
The left: Boo! He's just a big troll, not fit to be president. OMG he's like so dumb you guys.
The right: Hahahaha. The left can't meme. Wew, lads. Can't stump the Trump. Hahaha.

AOC is "owning" the Republicans.
The left: Hahaha. These manbabies have salty hate boners over a powerful woman. She danced once and they are mad. Hahaha.
The right: Boo! She's just a troll and a dumb bitch. Not fit to be president.

If Trump is SO bad then how is "just do the same as Trump but it's a woman doing it" the answer?
Trump was a legacy entrant into college. He had his lawyer threaten every school to hide his GPA and test scores.

AOC got in to a top college on merit and graduated cum laude majoring in international relations and economics.

She’s nothing like him. She’s qualified. Nobody bought her place at school and she’s got nothing to hide in her grades.

Feb 24, 2019
Los Angeles

I think its more a product of how politics generally work. Big shock statements like that get more talk than specified ones.

Trump in particular used these methods to rally people behind simple ideas that may not be accurately representative of the ideas behind them

Apr 15, 2018
Trump was a legacy entrant into college. He had his lawyer threaten every school to hide his GPA and test scores.

AOC got in to a top college on merit and graduated cum laude majoring in international relations and economics.

She’s nothing like him. She’s qualified. Nobody bought her place at school and she’s got nothing to hide in her grades.
All that qualified thinking gave us the green new deal. College is clearly overrated.😂

Apr 25, 2009
Australia
People hate AOC. They will lie about her and smear her, but they can't stop talking about. They only make her more powerful. In a way I welcome all the hate she gets. Let's be honest, Republicans need a target in 2020. They need someone to lie about and smear. Let it be AOC so the general election is not filled with bullshit talking points like Benghazi, Seth Rich, and pizza parlors with kids. The fucking idiots of this world need something to talk about so let it be her.
Who has lied about her and what was the lie?