• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Octopath Traveler, now on Game Pass for Xbox and PC

graywolf323

W-Where's the PS4/PS5 version???

looks to be a timed exclusive since Square-Enix couldn't comment on a PS4 version

Just search it in the store and you can download it. It’s a surprisingly small 3.74 gigs.
it's only 3.1 GB on Switch though I guess that means we didn't get a 4k upres

it's also showing in the Game Pass app (along with Yakuza 6) but it makes you go to the store to download instead of giving an install option

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I love this game so much, been playing it on PC the last few weeks. Im also playing the mobile gacha game, lord help me.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Thanks I'll try it later. It's supposed to be Play Anywhere too but I played Dragon Quest IX on game pass PC last year and now I'm on my Xbox, the save is syncing, same account but I only get the option to "start new adventure log"? It doesn't recognize my progress. What's the issue?

I tried it out for an hour on Game Pass and immediately fell in love. Don't have a lot of time to play at the moment so I just bought it outright since it's on discount and it's probably not gonna be on the service forever.

Gatox

Banned
Just search it in the store and you can download it. It’s a surprisingly small 3.74 gigs.
I've found this a few times on the app that it doesn't show up in any list, but if you search for it you can then find it and install it, usually for new additions.

jaysius

Banned
Too bad I find its style of storytelling off-putting.
Yup, 8 chapter 1s is too fucking much. I made it through half of them and was almost grinded enough to enter a few chapters 2s, boy this one is a bit of a stinker.

I might play it on Xbox though, who knows maybe the slightly better graphics might make it suck a little less?

Mister Wolf

Yup, 8 chapter 1s is too fucking much. I made it through half of them and was almost grinded enough to enter a few chapters 2s, boy this one is a bit of a stinker.

I might play it on Xbox though, who knows maybe the slightly better graphics might make it suck a little less?

That part that gets me is they are all individual stories and although the other party members are present they are not really there if you know what I mean. I like my RPGs were the cast come together with an ultimate goal.

Last edited:
If anything this is worth trying out for the presentation. Visually it is very nice and the combat can be fun as well. Storywise it's not up there with the classics but it definitely plays like a classic RPG.

splattered

Awesome but full price? It's on sale for %30 off on XB Marketplace right now but sheesh... i almost bought this for $10 on Switch when Walmart had a crazy sale recently too. Will buy Yakuza 6 instead and prob wait for Octo to come down in price some.

Top Bottom